SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday NE Game Thread

siouxnami

That was Harrington again?  Oh, man.  It's going to be bad for him over on GPL.  I thought it was a nice screen by the AF player coming across the net.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The whole sequence was bad for the Gophers seniors. Hirsch misses an empty net (hits post). Guyer turns it over at the point instead of either shooting or sending it down low. Harrington backs all the way into Briggs belly flopping to completely negate himself.

Gophs paid the price for taking way too many penalties in the third. As I suspected after the Alberta game, other teams will be #1 most of the season. The Gophs have a long way to go.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That took all the fun out of listening to the game

I read this a good minute before I heard it.

Kozek to Lee!

6-0

Henny said there have been 2 outstanding looking freshmen each game and Lee is one of them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That happened to me at the beginning of the game.

Is North Dakota bouncing back from last Sunday or is Northeastern really bad or is it a combination of both?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Northeastern doesn't typically have that great of a team, but it's a new week, and the Sioux are probably still pretty sore about being shutout on Sunday.

Just got back from the game. Man, was that some FUN. It was great seeing the young guys going to the net and making those goals!!

I'm too lazy to go back to the second period in this thread so please be nice!

Sparky got slashed in the begining of the second period, no penalty. He went off the ice and never came back. Did the media say anything about his injury, how he's doing, anything?

Just got back from the game. Man, was that some FUN.  It was great seeing the young guys going to the net and making those goals!!

Sparky got slashed in the begining of the second period, no penalty.  He went off the ice and never came back.  Did the media say anything about his injury, how he's doing, anything?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never mind. Just saw the Sparky thread.

I wish they would spend a little bit less time trying to get the students to sit and a little more trying to get other people involved. Tonight's game was great, but when those goofballs come down when you are standing for five seconds, it's silly. Balance it out in what you are trying to do and everyone will be happy with every game can be fun for everyone.

I missed the Star-Spangled Banner. How bad were the singers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The anthem signers butched the national anthem of Canada and the USA.

It was a disgrace. Not quite as bad as Rosanne Barr grabbing her crotch by any means but just brutal.

Just got back from the game. Man, was that some FUN.  It was great seeing the young guys going to the net and making those goals!!

Sparky got slashed in the begining of the second period, no penalty.  He went off the ice and never came back.  Did the media say anything about his injury, how he's doing, anything?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was the first period and it looked more like a knee to knee hit. Maybe someone can clarify it further but that is what it appeared like in the upper deck.

Anybody else think that Finley or Prp or Smaby will try to fight McCauley tomorrow night for steamrolling JPar? I am hoping so, even if it costs someone a game.

As a side note, I ordered one of Diggler's shirt but haven't received it yet. Anyone else ordered but not received? Maybe I did something wrong.

The last two times UND has wore an alternate jersey, there has been a fight. Schneider in the last game at the Old Ralph and Prpich in the Hall of Fame game. So I say yes there will be a fight. :crazy:

When did you order the shirt? I think it takes like a week to a week and a half from the couple people I've talked to about it.