SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday NE Game Thread

siouxnami

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There probably have been complaints about people swearing in all of the sections. But the majority of the complaints do seem to be about the student section.

Without the students, we wouldn't have a hockey team to follow. The student section has always brought the atmosphere to the building. I think the atmosphere in the new Ralph sucks compared to the old one, but that's more due to size than the limits they put on the student section. However, part of the college experience at UND was always attending hockey games and being rude, lude, and crude towards the other team. I say let them do it. Why take away something from students now, that so many of us participated in while we were at UND?

No, but as patriotic as I am, no one needs a 5 minute long National Anthem...

And what is the deal with the Canadian anthem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a guess but we do have Canadian players on our teams and on most if not all the teams we play. Might be a PC PR move.

Just a guess but we do have Canadian players on our teams and on most if not all the teams we play. Might be a PC PR move.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hennnesey reported that it was requested by the coaches for parents weekend.

Hennnesey reported that it was requested by the coaches for parents weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah.

The players thing doesn't make sense. In all other levels of play the Canadian National Anthem is only played when one or both teams competing is Canadian.

The parents weekend thing makes sense.

Considering the importance to the UND program of the Canadian hockey player, I've always thought UND should play the Canadian anthem.  And besides that, it's just a dang great anthem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you Dagies, 100%. It actually sounds like a "national" anthem.

Don't quote me on this, but since I work at REA and have too noticed that we have played the Canadian National Anthem for all 3 games, I asked around and people said that the new GM at REA, Jody Hodgeson(sp?), apparently thought it would be a nice gesture since we do have some Canadian players and there are probably quite a few Canadian hockey fans that visit this city on the weekends that will also visit REA if there are games to watch. More of a respect thing I think.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

The University has just announced the changing of the school's name to "The University of Southern Canada." President Kupchella and the Board of Higher Education made this decision for two reasons. 1) In an attempt to please the NCAA, the university will be changing the athletic nickname and logos. Due to the fact that the word Dakota is Native American, the school felt that it would be "hostile and abusive" to continue to use it. 2) Also, they believe that having the word Southern will confuse people into thinking that it never gets below 80 degrees here and are expecting a record number of applications to the school.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Please welcome your University of Southern Canada Fighting Peacemakers!!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Please welcome your University of Southern Canada Fighting Peacemakers!!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No good. As it is...when people from outside the region ask me where I went to school (UND)...it generally results in a comment about South Bend. USC will just confuse them by thinking I went to SoCal. :D