SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Miami (Ohio)

siouxnami

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bochenski! gets on the scoresheet with his first NHL assist tonight...

Parise! with an assist

Dang, I miss those guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, ZPar would have been a senior. Anyone hear how Murray is doing in Switzerland. A couple of guys I miss are Massen and Canady. Watching them play with Fabian in last years Frozen Four was a blast. They were awesome in the semi-final game. Hope Fabian can develop the same chemistry with a couple of grinders this year.

As for audio, there's a link to audio broadcast right on the front page of Sioux Sports.com. FYI

Eades was on between periods to talk about the freshmen. Apparently I missed several in an early period break as I only started listening end of 2nd period. But for those who didn't listen in:

Lee - sky's the limit..made transition to college already....does things in practice they can't believe....can't play like a freshmen if the team is to have a good year.

Martens - good stickhandler. Gino said of Uncle Irwin "he could stickhandle in a phone booth" and Ryan has a bit of that....he's been a bit of a pleasant surprise at "camp" and is knocking at the door to get in the lineup....will get time this year.

Miller - shoulder surgery in May screwed up his summer strength and conditioning, but closer to playing than we'd expect...he's along on the trip and if anyone slips up tonite he'll be in the lineup tomorrow....slick player, and he'll do well on the power play.

Oshie - great story....in high school one day a week they'd play a different sport...he was always better than the kids at everything....he was better at basketball than the varsity basketball players....tremendous stickhandler like Hrkac who could stickhandle through a few guys....skating could use some work but he's ok....watch how he works to get the puck back if he loses it.

Walski - he's proven that he belongs....coming from NAHL you wonder if he'll be overpowered by the Zajacs, but he's not.

Toews - humble, but very well known in Canada...eager to learn.

Watkins - real speedster, effortless stride...can play both wings...like his competitiveness though he's a low-key guy off the ice...plays both ways...like Kozek may take some time to adjust to college game....able to do things at very high speed.

That's my synopsis and I'm sticking to it. This was not verbatim.

Seems like a lot of Sioux penalties taken as a result of being out of position.  That's not a good sign, as I expect the speed/strength of attackers will be tougher when we hit WCHA land in 3 weeks ...

Considering the youth, especially on D that's not much of a surprise, though. The interesting thing will be how quickly they learn from these experiences?