SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Miami (Ohio)

siouxnami

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hennessy says "I don't know what it hit"  Wide open net, Parise apparently never saw it.  Like that old commercial with the plexiglass protecting a bad goalie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The goalie in that commercial was Richter. I don't know if I'd classify him as bad.

The goalie in that commercial was Richter. I don't know if I'd classify him as bad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but in that commercial he was getting lit up like a christmas tree...yet none were going in...because of the plexiglass.

I had forgotten who the "bad goalie" represented, but remembered that in the commercial he was a sieve.

Yeah, but in that commercial he was getting lit up like a christmas tree...yet none were going in...because of the plexiglass.

I had forgotten who the "bad goalie" represented, but remembered that in the commercial he was a sieve.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we are thinking of the same commercial, then it was for ESPN years ago. Richter is making save after save. Flopping around and stopping everything in sight. Then he skates away from the net and another shot is taken and it hits the plexi-glass covering the net. Richter skates over and rubs off the black mark from the puck. A very funny commercial.

I was at teh game last night. Speed of the game was way beyond the Sioux frosh. Whole lot of running around. Miami really put the pressure on, they caught the bad breaks, it could have been 2 -0 Miami in the first five minutes. JP was the man, notwithstanding the "oops" on the length of ice clearing puck.

On top of JP's saves, Miami had some very good chances where they just "whiffed".

I would say that today against Mich State, they will have to play much better, less chasing, much fewer penalties. We were extremely lucky on all the odd man rushes Miami had. I would suspect that Mich State, forget that they are more defensive, will bring it even harder.

Tournament was not too well organized. One concession stand open in the entire arena. Probably knew there would be a lot of open seats, but that was ridiculous. Oh, and would you lie a Bud or Bud Light? The Miami band started the national anthem as they players were just skating onto the ice, needless to say the players were very confused as were the 1000 fans. Maybe that's what started the confusion for the Sioux.

By the way, if you didnt know, we have a new coach, Rick Hakstol. Hope he does OK. Mike Parich played as well. PA Announcer was one of those guys who thought he was going to get the 1000people, mostly disinterested people in the stands excited with his announcing and the mindless piped in music.

Arena is decent, roundball priority, scorebaord like the Frozen 4, BBall. Gates were poorly signed and manned. We parked in the back, walked in a back door, without a ticket and into the arena. Saved $10. Good for a laugh. A few Sioux fans in attendance. A group of Dayton Bomber supporters were cheering for us, wearing Indian headresses. Ouch.

Today we will need more positional play, less chasing, and less odd man rushes.

Thanks for the recap terbele.Doesn't sound like there are alot of hockey fans in Ohio.The SIOUX need to stay out of the sin bin today.Working on your penalty killing is alright at the beginning of the season but these kids need to work on 5 on 5 also.Can't wait to see the kids play next weekend.

Did I read that Miami had 31 of their 37 shots in the first 2 periods? That would mean in the 3rd period, when they should have been peppering the net to tie up the game, they only managed 6.

Hopefully that's a sign that the rookies were catching up to the game a bit.