SiouxSports.com Forum

Focus on the real Native American problems

siouxfan499

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your an a$$hole.  I don't appreciate what your Su-Fi remark.  Yes, I do hope the moderators see this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yikes! Sorry to disappoint you, Mr. GrahamKracker, but "su-fi" has nothing, absolutely NOTHING, to do with you, the Sioux name, hockey, North Dakota, or really any sort of discussion here.

Google or A9 it ("su-fi" cook), but be careful! The language is rather naughty. :blush:

taz

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS KRACK. BRAG A LITTLE. I promise not to bellittle your family's accomplishments the way you have mine. Come one, big guy, what besides your whining about the oppression you have suffered from the white man has your family done to make their world, the world of their off spring and future offspring a better place?

Go ahead take more swings at me but answer the da$% questions. Oh wait, you can't, there's nothing. Sorry, I'll quit asking. Go on with your 'white man ruined my past, present and future'. Obviously, that all you've got. Sorry.

Yup, I'm Mexican-American, I'm Fighting Sioux, I'm Catholic, I'm a bleeding heart liberal, I'm a friend, I'm a mom, I'm a career woman, I'm an Aunt, I'm a sister, I'm a whole lot of things. I'm not a victim of my circumstance.

I thinks it's sad that you, being Sioux, insist on finding ways to turn something so positive into a negative. It's your loss, really. And I sincerely doubt that you realize just how much of a loss it will be if you succeed.

Right on, PCM! And this last part bears repeating.

Hey GK,

Losing the battle again, eh? Is that why the A------ and namecalling is going on?

Obviously you have no idea what is going on and you have come to the conclusion that it is better to label us all racists because of our skin color and our beliefs being different than yours (Isn't that the definition of racism?). Obviously you'd rather call us names than even attempt to understand our position. You think of yourself as "right" and us as "the racist wrong" and you cannot fathom there being anything else.

I do pray that you are not indicative of what the Sioux people really are because if they act how you act and resort to what you resort to, then maybe there is no understanding to be made, no respect to be shared, and certainly no sympathetic ear to be talked into from our "side of the fence."

People on the pro-name side of the discussion here defend each-other all the time.  Why is GK overreacting to defend me?  Why is it okay for you guys to call me and GK names (other posts) but it is not okay to bite back.  You guys have double standards.  Apparently "su-fi" is as inappropriate if not more than the word A------.  Go back to the fantasy cartoon world you came from redwing77 and take tazboy with you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Taz already in fantasy cartoon, but, still gets cable modem service. At no time did I personally attack or insult anyone here. Well, at least not in this thread, this evening, on even numbered posts, with black backgrounds...

Anyone know where I can get some authentic home cooked Mexican squash with pork?

taz digs Google and the Fighting Sioux

I bet Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey has recipes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that Whiplash the Monkey's recipes will be authentic. He's a cowboy. Mexican monkeys are bacquero's. Taz, I'm sorry but we really didn't have recipes in my family. We learned by example and the ingredients changed a bit every time a dish was made.

QUOTE(KnowtheFacts @ Oct 1 2005, 01:06 AMI have a recipe but I dont think you deserve to know.  Just go to Taco Bell and get a taste of what's left of the Mexican Culture.  cuz SiouxCIA isnt mexican anymore she is Sioux.

[/quote)

What a sad, bitter woman you portray yourself to be. One with tunnel vision.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet Whiplash the Cowboy Monkey has recipes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

imagine how those might be...

3.25 oz soy-injected meat paste (mechanically separated)

.8 oz grated processed pasteurized prepared cheese product

1.1 oz re-hydrated genetically enhanced iceberg lettuce substitute

2.6 oz MSG enhanced corn-meal with yellow number 5

.9 oz human hair, dust, oil, cleaning agent, and insect mash

Bueno!

taz

Let me ask you this: Did you watch the hockey team at all last season, especially toward the end of the season? The entire team from the coaches on down fought adversity from October through April. There was injury after injury, the death of Dave Hakstol's father and the horrible injury to Robbie Bina.

As the season came to a close, there were guys like Matt Greene and Mike Prpich taping themselves up for the games and giving it all they had while playing with injuries that would have put the average person in the hospital. The injury to Bina showed us just how dangerous the game can be and how much our athletes risk each time they step on to the ice.

Everyone had pretty much written off UND in February. But in March, the Fighting Sioux pulled themselves together and showed the college hockey world why nobody should ever count them out. Those of us who follow the team are accustomed to seeing it come from behind for thrilling wins, but very few expected UND to be playing in the final game of the season after enduring so much pain and so many disappointments.

But there they were on national television, giving the defending champion Denver Pioneers all they could handle. Although the loss was disappointing, I have never been so proud of a sports team in my entire life. Just after the team returned to Grand Forks, it was outside Engelstad Arena in a deserted parking lot at 3:30 in the morning that assistant coach Cary Eades told me: "We didn't win a championship, but we won a lot of respect."

Thats what being a member of a Fighting Sioux athletic team is all about. Nobody thinks that making a tackle, firing a slapshot or batting a baseball "honors the Sioux." Nor do the players think that they're "real Indians" because they have the logo on their jerseys. It's what our athletic teams accomplish on and off the playing field that makes us proud and brings UND honor and respect. It's the amazing plays and gutsy performance that give UND sports fans great memories and instill such pride in Fighting Sioux athletics.

It's those great teams, outstanding athletes and great moments in the history of UND athletics that create traditions and make the Fighting Sioux respected by their opponents. Heck, I still remember being a student at South Dakota State in the 70s and having the Sioux come to Brookings to pummel my Jackrabbits in football and basketball. UND was always one of the schools we dreaded playing because even in an off year, they'd play us tough.

Last season was freaking incredible!

Maybe GK doesn't understand the whole athletic thing, maybe, just maybe, GK has never participated in athletics, or never even been a fan of athletics.

Maybe he's never stood at the top of Hyslop and looked down at the floor completely covered in sweat, wondering how he was going to walk down one last time because he just spent 30 minutes running up and down those steps. Maybe he's never felt the pain of lactic acid building up in his muscles from the hard work of training day in and day out. Lifting weights until you just can't stand up off of a bench. Maybe he's never experienced the blood, sweat and tears that it takes to wear an athletic uniform.