SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies

Delbert

Lets get this conversation started. What are everyones thoughts on the game? Should be a good game, I like the fact that our offense is playing so well, I think Mussman is doing a great job calling plays. The last 2 weeks our offense has looked better then ive ever seen it as far as consistency goes.

What I like about this year's team is that the margin for error seems to be much greater. By that, I mean that last year, you kind of knew it would be challenge for the offense to score more than 20 against good teams, which obviously meant that the Sioux defense had a lot of pressure on it to limit the opposing offense to less than 20. This year, it looks like the UND offense/special teams can score 30-plus against nearly anybody if they play the way they have so far. And of course, it's going to be a very tall order for anybody to put those kinds of points up against the Sioux defense. If UND doesn't go too conservative offensively, they should be able to win this one without it going down to the last second like the past few games against the Huskies have.

Greetings,

I believe I read somewhere that the SCSU offensive line is the biggest in Minnesota (that includes the MN Vikings)! Can someone verify that? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I believe the Sioux will win but doubt it will be a blow-out...like the last 5!

Sioux 31 SCSU 17

Go Sioux!

Greetings,

I believe I read somewhere that the SCSU offensive line is the biggest in Minnesota (that includes the MN Vikings)!  Can someone verify that? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I believe the Sioux will win but doubt it will be a blow-out...like the last 5!

Sioux 31 SCSU 17

Go Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's a very big line. But they're pretty inexperienced and predictably immobile as you'd expect from linemen so large. I listened to some of the SCSU-Mankato game, and it sounded like the huge SCSU tackle, Scott Peters (6'10" and about 300), had a lot of trouble pass blocking a speedy defensive end for the Mavericks. I would expect that they'll have some problems with the crowd noise, not to mention some of UND's faster pass rushers, i.e. ZBJ.

Lennon said this morning that scsu offensive line averages around 320. That is huge. But I think they will have trouble will our LB's when we blitz. I guess we will see how quick those lineman are. I also believe mussman is doing a real good job of calling plays and keeping the defense off balance. It's hard to predict what we are going to call each play. In years past you could predict what play we were going to run quite often. SCSU passing game scares me because it's tough to get pressure on the QB. They do alot of three step drops and threw the ball quick. They are ALOT like we are in all aspects.

Doesn't SCSU do a lot of three step quick passes? If so, I don't see us blitzing much against that. With those big offensive lineman, I'm more worried about the run D. But not really. :huh: We're pretty good at that. I believe Augie was held to less than a yard per carry.

I'll be at the game this weekend. I'm excited to see some of my Caimbridge friends knock the crap out of SCSU. You know who you are. :huh:

I'm also excited to see Dressler again. Wow. 3 returns this year tying the career record with two others including Lueck. The guy is exciting and the best part is that he'll be around for four years unlike that ZP guy.

So who was/is better at returns. Lueck or Dressler? I don't think Lueck returned for a full season, yet neither has Dressler. Which return TEAM is better for those two?

I'll be at the game this weekend.  I'm excited to see some of my Caimbridge friends knock the crap out of SCSU.  You know who you are.  :huh:

I'm also excited to see Dressler again.  Wow.  3 returns this year tying the career record with two others including Lueck.  The guy is exciting and the best part is that he'll be around for four years unlike that ZP guy.

So who was/is better at returns.  Lueck or Dressler?  I don't think Lueck returned for a full season, yet neither has Dressler.  Which return TEAM is better for those two?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dressler is better!

The game this week is definitely going to be the toughest contest to this point. SCSU is a team that has a bunch of talent, and has former UND coaches on its staff, so they know what to expect. I think this game will test UND's defense and how it can handle a truly balanced attack. The combonation of that huge line Matt Birkel and a good core of talent throwing the ball is something I don't think we have really seen yet this year. I do think however our defense has not yet been truly tested and this is the week for them to do it. They will and our offense is rolling Dressler didn't have to many offensive stats, but he was pulling coverage away from eveyone else. As long as the offense doesn't give up the big play they should out perform SCSU. I expect to see a better game than the past 5, and look forward to seeing the SIOUX on top.

UND 31 SCSU 20

First of all I think dressler has a better return team then lueck had, mainly because its basically the same players, they are just older. And Im glad someone finally asked about the return team, watch the punt returns and tell me if Dressler is doing it by his self. As far as the game goes, I think UND will come out fired up, the real question is how long SCSU fights, becuase it gets lonely in the alerus, when your getting beat, and its loud. I hope and I mean hope that its a good game (though to me good game is what weve had in the first half of last week)