SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

It will be interesting to see where a few of these recruits go. UND and Wisconsin have a few high recruits in common, and Wisconsin seems to be putting in alot of effort to bring in some more recruits, I hope we can compete and steal some of theirs. Gregoire and Bruneteau would be great additions and both Wisconsin and UND are high on their lists.

It will be interesting to see where a few of these recruits go. UND and Wisconsin have a few high recruits in common, and Wisconsin seems to be putting in alot of effort to bring in some more recruits, I hope we can compete and steal some of theirs. Gregoire and Bruneteau would be great additions and both Wisconsin and UND are high on their lists.

you do realize that UND has already stolen trupp, lapoint, and malone from wisco...i think that UND has a very small number of guys that they put a lot of interest towards and wisco is the opposite. that being said, bruneteau and/or gregoire would be more likely to come to UND in my opinion.

I realize we have already stolen some great recruits from Wisconsin, my biggest worry now it that UND already has so much talent that some potential recruits could opt for another program just to ensure they get alot of playing time on the top lines. UND is still a young team, and while we will surely loose a few players to early departure next year, they still have so much talent that a recruit might figure that he would have a better shot at being a star with a different program. There is such a thing as doing too good a job of recruiting. I think Jordy Christianson is an example, he may have gone to SCSU because he knew he could be an immediate impact player, maybe the same could be said for Mario.

Wisconsin has room for more guys, they most of their top end talent and are sure to loose some more this year. recruits would be more likely to get immediate big time roles with that program.

I realize we have already stolen some great recruits from Wisconsin, my biggest worry now it that UND already has so much talent that some potential recruits could opt for another program just to ensure they get alot of playing time on the top lines. UND is still a young team, and while we will surely loose a few players to early departure next year, they still have so much talent that a recruit might figure that he would have a better shot at being a star with a different program. There is such a thing as doing too good a job of recruiting. I think Jordy Christianson is an example, he may have gone to SCSU because he knew he could be an immediate impact player, maybe the same could be said for Mario.

Wisconsin has room for more guys, they most of their top end talent and are sure to loose some more this year. recruits would be more likely to get immediate big time roles with that program.

I think UW will land Bruneteau. That's just my hunch.

As for Gregoire, I dunno. He could end up at UND or UW, or he could pull a Jordy Christian and land in St. Cloud. Scoff if you will, but Motzko's legit. I think SCSU will start looking REALLY good to recruits now that Saigo is retiring and Motzko is head coach.

i see where your coming from...i agree to an extent. somebody like mario could maybe be a first liner at n. mich. in a few years, whereas at UND he would most likely not be. however, people like bruneteau and gregoire and nash are possible 1st liners at UND eventually. i think uw has to worry plenty on that subject just as UND does...they are filling with really good recruits.

I think UW will land Bruneteau. That's just my hunch.

As for Gregoire, I dunno. He could end up at UND or UW, or he could pull a Jordy Christian and land in St. Cloud. Scoff if you will, but Motzko's legit. I think SCSU will start looking REALLY good to recruits now that Saigo is retiring and Motzko is head coach.

If they make an offer to Bruneteau.

Many people have talked for awhile about how UND was lacking in 2007 recruits. IF UND was to sign Bruteneau, Gregoire, or Nash, that along with Malone and Lapoint (and yes Chuck I was wrong and shouldn't make preceding judgements about kids in Wisconsin high school hockey anymore) this may turn out to be a pretty good recruit class if not one of the best in the country. Guys like Hextall, Trupp, and Marto will also be those four year guys that can provide leadership. Yes I know it's early and all speculation, but with the signing of Kristo and Cichy and the players mentioned above I feel Hakstol and his staff have done a great job recruiting.

Many people have talked for awhile about how UND was lacking in 2007 recruits. IF UND was to sign Bruteneau, Gregoire, or Nash, that along with Malone and Lapoint (and yes Chuck I was wrong and shouldn't make preceding judgements about kids in Wisconsin high school hockey anymore) this may turn out to be a pretty good recruit class if not one of the best in the country. Guys like Hextall, Trupp, and Marto will also be those four year guys that can provide leadership. Yes I know it's early and all speculation, but with the signing of Kristo and Cichy and the players mentioned above I feel Hakstol and his staff have done a great job recruiting.

I wasn't going to bring it up, but sometimes it takes the bigger man to admit when your wrong. I can appreciate that.

I'd throw Trupp in with your group of front-line talent too.

i know nash has UND on his list, but whats the word on these other 2 (Bruteneau, Gregoire) for us who are not in with all the names being thrown around here? thanks

The report is that Gregoire is being persued by UND, Wisc. and Denver as well as St. Cloud I believe. On Bruteneau, everything I had read up to about a month ago was that he had a list of schools and UND wasn't one of them but I believe Chuck reported on this board that UND has an offer on the table for his services and he now has UND as a possibility. From what I see, we really only have room for one more forward so hopefully we land one of the three (Nash, Bruteneau, Gregoire).

Its nice to see the start of our 08 class though. Hopefully Toews joins it soon.

I think UND has the best shot and will sign Gregoire, with Nash and Bruteneau in that order. Like I Ranger said, I could definetely see only one of those three sign which isn't bad.

Even though I have a pretty good feeling about Nash too.

That's what I feel is the most likely order of probability.

I don't know why I feel this way about our best chance in being Gregoire, but I just have a hunch that Nash is going to join his brother in Cornell and Bruneteau is going to go to UW (I can't even tell you why I think that!).

I don't know what will happen, but my gut has never been right before! (My gut last told me that Kessel was going to Michigan).

I don't know why I feel this way about our best chance in being Gregoire, but I just have a hunch that Nash is going to join his brother in Cornell and Bruneteau is going to go to UW (I can't even tell you why I think that!).

I don't know what will happen, but my gut has never been right before! (My gut last told me that Kessel was going to Michigan).

thanks for the insight

Its nice to see the start of our 08 class though. Hopefully Toews joins it soon.

Yeah, the 2007 class is really starting to shape up with the recent addition of Malone. Add in Trupp and you have a couple of very elite forwards for next year's class.

And with Cichy and Kristo (or is he 2009?) on board for the following year, it looks like we will have a VERY good group of forwards for the years to come. If we add David Toews to that 2008 group, I would just be giddy. ;)

Yeah, the 2007 class is really starting to shape up with the recent addition of Malone. Add in Trupp and you have a couple of very elite forwards for next year's class.

And with Cichy and Kristo (or is he 2009?) on board for the following year, it looks like we will have a VERY good group of forwards for the years to come. If we add David Toews to that 2008 group, I would just be giddy. ;)

Heisenberg lists Kristo as a 2009 recruit.

At this point Kristo's coming in 2009.

The report is that Gregoire is being persued by UND, Wisc. and Denver as well as St. Cloud I believe. On Bruteneau, everything I had read up to about a month ago was that he had a list of schools and UND wasn't one of them but I believe Chuck reported on this board that UND has an offer on the table for his services and he now has UND as a possibility. From what I see, we really only have room for one more forward so hopefully we land one of the three (Nash, Bruteneau, Gregoire).

UND has 3 seniors (all LW) and toews leaving (LW). trupp, hamilton, malone, and hextall cover those. then marto and lapoint (both LD) are coming in...im thinking that means lee is gone, and maybe they are trying to bring in one more d man to make 8 on d for the roster?? of course genoway can play d or f. so what im getting at and i agree with I Ranger, where do we have room? its a good possibility that oshie is gone too, but that is only one more recruit need (maybe nash?). and some people here are talking about landing bruneteau, nash, and gregoire!? who elso would leave? if im missing something, please let me know, but it looks like UND has room for 1 more in 07, not 3.

EDIT: i just realize maybe the "order" of those signings is from most likely to least likely....my bad, if thats the case, then excuse my rambling