SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Any word on how it went?

im sure we will find out soon on what school he chooses being at UND last weekend and umtc this weekend. i think he will end up at minny due to family ties but who really knows. whoever gets him will have a nice recruit coming in for the future

Has anyone here seen Patrick Wiercioch play? I see that he is one of only a few uncommitted "A" level defensmen in the Midterm rankings. He has descent size and is from BC, and currently plays for Omaha.

http://www.lancers.com/leagues/rosters_pro...playerID=325436

Western College Hockey Blog says he's interested in Denver, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and Boston College.

Well, here is a little reason, it looks like Grieco played his first game and wins the game with 40 saves and selected first star. this is what the game sheet says.....

Name GP Mins GA Shutouts Avg. W L OTL SL SA SVS %

1 Anthony Grieco 1 64 2 0 1.89 1 0 0 0 42 40 0.952

Just to play devil's advocate...1 game does not make a goaltender. This site shows that after 3 games played, Greico is 1-2 with 12 goals against, a 3.92 GAA, and a .890 save percentage. I'm neither "pro-Greico" or "anti-Greico" but just because he made 40 saves in his first game and was named first star doesn't mean that UND's season went to heck when he left.

Western College Hockey says thats Budish is down to UND and UM not that we all didnt know that anyways i just wanted to point that out because I think he would top off an already amazing class set to come in that year..he would be the last piece of the puzzle as he was told.

im sure we will know soon or it will leak out someway onto the the internet. im guessing he will wear maroon and gold but sure hope im wrong :)

im sure we will know soon or it will leak out someway onto the the internet. im guessing he will wear maroon and gold but sure hope im wrong :)

I wouldn't be so sure. I think UND is more his style. Minnesota has not had the best success with bigger forwards. Not to mention UND's NHL rink will be better for his professional development. Note that he has not been a big scorer in elite league, that may develop, but he might be more of an all around power forward like Chris Porter.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think UND is more his style. Minnesota has not had the best success with bigger forwards. Not to mention UND's NHL rink will be better for his professional development. Note that he has not been a big scorer in elite league, that may develop, but he might be more of an all around power forward like Chris Porter.

yeah,thats how i have viewed him as well. being a very solid all around player and great athlete. his scoring may pick up with time. what is he considered i the eyes of nhl scouts? a 2-3 round pick or so? or better

I think that's a good description of him at least from what I've heard. I recently heard it's pretty much a toss up on where he'll go.

Note that he has not been a big scorer in elite league, that may develop, but he might be more of an all around power forward like Chris Porter.

I'd be interested to see what his points per game average was in the Elite League. He missed a lot of games due to the football, and the ones he did play were usually less than 24 hours after playing a football game. So I think he did pretty well all things considered.

I think it was said somewhere maybe on gpl..not that i was trolling or anything :) but someone said that not to expect a Toews, Parise or Kessel type player but more of a leader that he could be a captain for any team that he plays for from here on out. I would not mind seeing another chris porter as I loved watching him play hockey with all his hard work and the scoring that he brought his senior year. I would be very grateful to have Zach come to play here especially if he's bringing in a strong combination of size, scoring ability and leadership talent. He sounds like a helluva player to me I hope he decides to play here!

I think it was said somewhere maybe on gpl..not that i was trolling or anything :) but someone said that not to expect a Toews, Parise or Kessel type player but more of a leader that he could be a captain for any team that he plays for from here on out. I would not mind seeing another chris porter as I loved watching him play hockey with all his hard work and the scoring that he brought his senior year. I would be very grateful to have Zach come to play here especially if he's bringing in a strong combination of size, scoring ability and leadership talent. He sounds like a helluva player to me I hope he decides to play here!

he will be awesome, i was really impressed from the clip i saw of him.

That was me, and you paraphrased fairly accurately.

I was recently informed that it looks as if Mike Lee will eventually commit to St. Cloud, or at least that is his number 1 as of right now. He was going to give a verbal, but then was told to wait. He thinks the situation in terms of playing time will be better down there.

and he would be a 2010 or 2011 right? as hes a junior this season at roseau

with only having eidsness coming in plus another recruit next year we will be very young in net if thats the case

any other goalies as of now to keep an eye on USA? thx