SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Ethan Frank Omaha AAA U16 in 22 games played (8-15-23).

I'm hoping that the coaches can get Jordan Greenway in for a visit this season.

Ethan Frank Omaha AAA U16 in 22 games played (8-15-23).

I'm hoping that the coaches can get Jordan Greenway in for a visit this season.

He would be a good one to get I wonder what the chances he visit since he's a East Coast Kid

He would be a good one to get I wonder what the chances he visit since he's a East Coast Kid

He already visited as in his tweet he put a pic of the Ralph up as well saying how sweet it was.

Or actually did you mean greenway? My bad if so. Isn't greenway a shattuck kid as well??

He already visited as in his tweet he put a pic of the Ralph up as well saying how sweet it was.

Or actually did you mean greenway? My bad if so. Isn't greenway a shattuck kid as well??

Yeah, Greenway is a 6'5" forward that played at Shattuck now he plays for the NTDP U17. His brother plays at Shattuck also.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on Greenway or Noel from Shattuck? Guessing Noel could be a major junior guy?

It looks like Nathan Noel recently signed with the St. John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)

I haven't heard anything on Greenway in a while. The Plymouth Whalers hold his CHL rights.

EDIT: I found an article from June in which Greenway says

“Looking down the road, I think the NCAA is a great league as well,” Greenway said. “As of right now, all my options are open and overall, I just need some more time to make a good decision. I can’t say I really have a dream school, but I do like some of the bigger schools like Boston College, Boston University and the University of Minnesota. I think this is just the start of some of the decisions I will have to make in the future. I think patience is key when going through the process.

It looks like Nathan Noel recently signed with the St. John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)

I haven't heard anything on Greenway in a while. The Plymouth Whalers hold his CHL rights.

Thanks! Any word if Greenway has visited? with this season upcoming any younger northern minny/gf/egf kids to keep an eye on since Peterson is heading to UNO now? or will most of the current prospects head to juniors of some sort?

Are Eades, poolman, ausmus, bowen all potential UND guys skill wise?

Appreciate all the insight ss peeps!

I'm not sure if Greenway has visited campus.

In today's Herald chat, Schlossman mentioned that he believes there are several local guys that have the potential to play DI hockey, but the only name he threw out was Colton Poolman. I imagine the coaches are tracking the other guys you listed.

Also, Cameron Hughes (Spruce Grove Saints, AJHL) might be one to keep an eye on. He's another 96-born though.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Forney is at Langley in the BCHL. Not sure where he would be as a prospect, though.

6'2 180. Any other northern minny/gf in the bchl?

How good is Max Coatta from Minnetonka? He and gropp play together and he's off to a good start as well. Serratore plays for Penticton also.

How good is Max Coatta from Minnetonka? He and gropp play together and he's off to a good start as well. Serratore plays for Penticton also.

Jake Larson from St. Michael MN, is tied for points in the AJHL. He plays for the Brooks Bandits (3-8-11) in 4 games.

Penticton has a defenseman thats 6'6" from Plymouth MI, Blake Butzow. He hasn't played any games yet.

I'd like to see Penticton goalie Hunter Miska commit to a college team.

Always been impressed when I've watched Coatta at Minnetonka. He is a smaller player but is highly skilled and always seems to be around the puck and finding the net.

Wisconsin blogger Andy Johnson says UND has shown interest in Tarek Baker (Omaha U-16)

Verona native @Tbakes9 had a huge weekend for Omaha U16 w/ 6 g, 12 a, 18 pts in 5 gm. Will make USHL debut this weekend with @bucshockey.

Talked to Baker's coach today, lot of NCAA interest. UW showing late interest, Ohio St., Penn St., UNO, UND, Gophs, Miami. Hot name lately.

Baker's teammate Ethen Frank has already visited UND.

• 2 weeks later...

Max Coatta (Minnetonka/pentictonBCHL) committed to Mankato

He would have been a nice pick up. I was thinking he would have been a 2014-2015 commitment not a 2015-2016.

I was looking at the comparisons of Max Coatta and Jake Larson. This year their about even, Max Coatta for Penticton in 10 games (7-5-12) 2 powerplay goals. Jake Larson for Brooks Bandits in 10 games (4-10-14) 2 powerplay goals. Jake Larson played his senior year of high school in the SIJHL for the Minnesota Wilderness (now in the NAHL). For the Wilderness Larson, in 49 games went (44-28-72).