SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Ditto that.

he will be a 2010 correct? thats a nice recruit. what other top d men our out there?

are the sioux looking at one for 2 more d men for 2008 with bina gone and assuming chorney and finley gone?

jones

marto

lapoint

genoway

blood

gleason??

or am i missing someone? fienhage is a 2009?

Nice to be the first one to break news like this. Good job Poopski. I had thought that Schmidt had interest from CC, SCSU and UM but it was interesting to see UND was in the mix as well. Mattson and Schmidt would have been one heck of a pair of defensemen. UND and Minnesota sure are loaded with talented D recruits in the next coupe of years.

I love how people are saying the Gophers are going to have so good defensemen in the future but the thing that gets me is the same thing has been said the past few years and the Gophers' defensemen are average at best. That includes Minnesota's Mr. Hockey Winner and 2005 runner up to Brian Lee in R.J. Anderson. We'll see how good these defenseman are going to be when they finally step on the ice in a Gopher jersey.

I love how people are saying the Gophers are going to have so good defensemen in the future but the thing that gets me is the same thing has been said the past few years and the Gophers' defensemen are average at best. That includes Minnesota's Mr. Hockey Winner and 2005 runner up to Brian Lee in R.J. Anderson. We'll see how good these defenseman are going to be when they finally step on the ice in a Gopher jersey.

I love how people use non relative statements to justify a xenophobic view of a rival. Holds no water Chuck. You got Mattson, be happy, don't shoot a kid down cause he choose Minnesota.

Fisher Ballard

RJ Leopold

:D Martin

i think ness, lofquist and shmidt are great recruits.....they should be happy to get these kids like we are happy to get gleason, finehage and mattson. each team can recruit like crazy, you win some and you lose some but the names in the names i mentioned, i bet all will be great wcha d men.

Unbiased observers likely would say that at least Ness is a very good recruit. I don't think Lofquist is too far behind that. The one thing for both of these guys is that they are accelerating their studies so they will be very young. Playing defense in the WCHA as a freshman is a tough challenge so as you say we'll see.

Unbiased observers likely would say that at least Ness is a very good recruit. I don't think Lofquist is too far behind that. The one thing for both of these guys is that they are accelerating their studies so they will be very young. Playing defense in the WCHA as a freshman is a tough challenge so as you say we'll see.

Ness is an awesome recruit but he isn't very big. I saw him play against Central and NESS could fly with the puck.

The one thing for both of these guys is that they are accelerating their studies so they will be very young. Playing defense in the WCHA as a freshman is a tough challenge so as you say we'll see.

Ness was born in May, 1990 and Lofquist was born in March, 1990, so they'll be far from the youngest freshmen in the WCHA. They just started school a year later than most kids their age.

Ness was born in May, 1990 and Lofquist was born in March, 1990, so they'll be far from the youngest freshmen in the WCHA. They just started school a year later than most kids their age.

thats what i thought i read somewhere. there will be younger players for sure.

I know that UND will be trying to recruit a goaltender to come in next season but I know of someone UND should keep in mind for the near future. I was in Winnipeg a couple of weeks ago watching my cousin play for the Selkirk Steelers. I was with my uncle who ran into another parent of a current Selkirk player and they talked for some time. This parent mentioned that their younger son was a 16 year old goaltender who was just rated the number 1 goalie in Canada for his age. The parent told my uncle that his dream is to come to the University of North Dakota and play for the Sioux. I don't remember the name off hand but I will try and get it up sometime soon.

I know that UND will be trying to recruit a goaltender to come in next season but I know of someone UND should keep in mind for the near future. I was in Winnipeg a couple of weeks ago watching my cousin play for the Selkirk Steelers. I was with my uncle who ran into another parent of a current Selkirk player and they talked for some time. This parent mentioned that their younger son was a 16 year old goaltender who was just rated the number 1 goalie in Canada for his age. The parent told my uncle that his dream is to come to the University of North Dakota and play for the Sioux. I don't remember the name off hand but I will try and get it up sometime soon.

Joey Rewucki

"One thing I would really like to do is play at a high-end college in the States," he said, "and then hopefully just take hockey as far as I can go."

I think Scott Koberinski said he will be playing with one of the Winnipeg teams at the midget tourney here starting tomorrow. Lot of great talent at that tournament. Should be great to watch David Toews and other potential recruits.

Then he should play hockey at the University of North Dakota if he want to play at a High end school.

Sounds good to me. I think this kid should consider himself fortunate to have the opportunity to play for the Sioux. I don't have to take umbridge to the fact that SCSU is probably not in the running either, as the Huskies seem to have put all their eggs in Mike Lee's basket.

Sounds good to me. I think this kid should consider himself fortunate to have the opportunity to play for the Sioux. I don't have to take umbridge to the fact that SCSU is probably not in the running either, as the Huskies seem to have put all their eggs in Mike Lee's basket.

Not to mention you already have like two very solid goaltenders in Jase and Dunn.

I liked what I saw with Dunn this past weekend.