SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

the kid who sat with davidson on friday night was probably 6' or 6'1", but not real thick... he was also there with his parents on saturday night. it wasn't any of the salmon arm boys... any thoughts on who it was?

I know who it was but I have to hold on the name. Some others and myself have mentioned him here before as a recruit that we are looking at.

ok ive held on long enough i guess. its just recruits right??? one of them was nate schmidt. good series for him to see huh? since he was considering here or u of m.

Well since you leaked it out I will comment on it now. I've seen this kid play and by all means, the ability is there. Right now it's just a matter of developing more, and what better place to do it with than playing for Dean Blais in the USHL.

Warroad is in town tomorrow night.

Anyone know if the Sioux are looking at anyone? Maybe Hebel?

I think Ravndalen is headed to SCSU?

I haven't been informed on anyone. I would say if we are it would be Hebel, especially since he is a 2010 and I think that is the top scouting class right now for us. He may be a wait and see type player.

Thanks that makes me more curious as to who those two were now though

I guess it wouldn't surprise anyone to learn that at least one of them might be a goalie. If this was from Saturday night I do believe that the taller recruit is a goaltender from the Selkirk Steelers of the MJHL, Matt Shenher. If it was Friday night it is someone else because he was playing.

http://www.selkirksteelers.com/Roster.php

ok ive held on long enough i guess. its just recruits right??? one of them was nate schmidt. good series for him to see huh? since he was considering here or u of m.

I was recently informed that Nate Schmidt is more of a wait and see player for us. As I was saying last night, right now it is about developing a little more.

I guess it wouldn't surprise anyone to learn that at least one of them might be a goalie. If this was from Saturday night I do believe that the taller recruit is a goaltender from the Selkirk Steelers of the MJHL, Matt Shenher. If it was Friday night it is someone else because he was playing.

http://www.selkirksteelers.com/Roster.php

the pic is from friday night.

Warroad is in town tomorrow night.

Anyone know if the Sioux are looking at anyone? Maybe Hebel?

I think Ravndalen is headed to SCSU?

Well, it was tough to concentrate on the game having to look at Warroad's offensive mascot :lol: , but here's my take.

Jeremy Hahn looked good briefly before appearing to get injured early in the 2nd and then only playing a shift or 2 at the point on the PP.

Ravndalen looked very good with 1g, 2a.

Brett Hebel was VERY impressive. He is a puck hound that is constantly around the net. He doesn't shy away from contact and he isn't afraid to shoot. He had 2g, 1a and it honestly should have been a lot more. It was the 2nd game in a row with Bemidji's goalie having 35+ stops. Hebel is just an exciting player and you'd never now he was a sophmore. He played in all situations and they basically use 2 lines so he sees a lot of ice time. In a 3 minute span in the 2nd, he scored a PP G, hit the post and was robbed on a breakaway. If someone told me that he was the senior on his way to SCSU, I wouldn't have thought twice.

Brett Hebel was VERY impressive. He is a puck hound that is constantly around the net. He doesn't shy away from contact and he isn't afraid to shoot. He had 2g, 1a and it honestly should have been a lot more. It was the 2nd game in a row with Bemidji's goalie having 35+ stops. Hebel is just an exciting player and you'd never now he was a sophmore. He played in all situations and they basically use 2 lines so he sees a lot of ice time. In a 3 minute span in the 2nd, he scored a PP G, hit the post and was robbed on a breakaway. If someone told me that he was the senior on his way to SCSU, I wouldn't have thought twice.

We'll take him!!

If anyone wants to watch a possible prospective player, Elk River plays Centennial tommorow night on FSN North. Centennial's Tyler Pitlick is probably the best player for their team. The Star Tribune had a feature on him yesterday and said that he is looking at playing in the WCHA. The coaching staff has recruited eastern Twin Cities players before, so I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches at least gave him a look.