SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I think in the end it will be tough to get away from the NHL players in the Olympics, it brings a lot of positive press and attention to the NHL and I don't buy giving it back to the amatures.

I think the talk the NHL has been putting out has been fairly genuine. It could be that it is simply a ploy to get the Russian Federation to sign the IIHF transfer agreement, but also I think Bettman and the NHL are seriously considering the pros and cons of halting their season for three weeks right in the middle of the season. There are a lot of positives that come from NHLers in the Olympics, but I think overall, they would not be opposed completely from pulling back out of it. They still have the world cup to play for. At this point, in order of importance, the international hockey tourneys are

1. World Juniors

2. World Cup of Hockey

3. Olympics

If the NHL pulls out of the olympics, it could have the potential to jump back up to the number 1 spot.

It's one thing to come on an opponent's board and give your opinion, it's another to say you know for a fact that a player won't be good enough to leave early. I don't go on the Minnesota board and say I know for a fact Patrick White is overrated and he will never make it as a pro. That is only an example, it is not what I actually think of White. By the way, my point was that guys like Commodore had horrible feet when they came here, and magically he became a great defender. Maybe Lucia only recruits players with everything polished, or players don't improve as much under him, but there is something to be said for a coach that can see potential and develop that into a solid player. I'm not saying he won't be here 4 years, only saying that with the track record of Hakstol in developing players like that, it sure isn't out of the realm of possibility that he could leave early.

I think you should read my post. I never said for a fact anything, I gave an opinion. It has nothing to do with past years players or Lucia. Where did that come from? David is the type of defenseman Minnesota is known for producing, again no bearing on Finehage. Say all you want about White, I don't take that as a personal insult like you appear to have taken my comments in regards to Finhage. If we recruit another player from an area you live in I would be interested in your opinion, I don't have to make it mine. I am not trying to be a troll, I am giving an opinion on a player. The only thing I did say that you correctly represented is that I said, I thought he was a four year guy. I thought Nick M was a huge get for you guys. Very impressed with him. I dont understand why some of you think because I am a Minnesota fan I can't be objective, if anything else look in the mirror. No insults intended to anyone.

I don't think any University has ever had the track record of identifying and developing Big NHL defensmen as UND has in the past 8 years. Thus I will lend my faith to the staff who have been successful like no others and blowoff what a Gofer fan thinks.

I value your opinion equally :D

I think you should read my post. I never said for a fact anything, I gave an opinion. It has nothing to do with past years players or Lucia. Where did that come from? David is the type of defenseman Minnesota is known for producing, again no bearing on Finehage. Say all you want about White, I don't take that as a personal insult like you appear to have taken my comments in regards to Finhage. If we recruit another player from an area you live in I would be interested in your opinion, I don't have to make it mine. I am not trying to be a troll, I am giving an opinion on a player. The only thing I did say that you correctly represented is that I said, I thought he was a four year guy. I thought Nick M was a huge get for you guys. Very impressed with him. I dont understand why some of you think because I am a Minnesota fan I can't be objective, if anything else look in the mirror. No insults intended to anyone.

"I see 4 for sure"

I assume you mean BEN Ammerman, if so he is uncommitted.

Moorhead won 6-2, but the Bemidji goalie probably had about 35 saves. Ammerman looks good. Seems like a stay at home defenseman that doesn't stand out in any one area but seems to do everything well. He had a goal on a shot from the point. Talked to a couple guys to see if they knew where he might be headed and I didn't get the feeling that he had gotten a lot of attention at this point. They said the coach stuck with all the seniors last year and Ben didn't get a whole lot of ice time.

a number of recruits at the game tonight. im going to with hold names for now but if you saw the 2 kids in the bench before the game that was them. the other was somewhere under the rink.

That's right recruits, you heard it here first... If you won't commit on the spot, you'll end up there too... ;)