SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Zach Budish is visiting the campus and will be getting a tour of the arena today. I'm not sure if this is an "official" vist or not, but at least he is going to be there.

Technically it's an unofficial visit since you have to be a senior to go on an official visit.

So with AG apparently leaving town, do you think the Sioux will go after a goaltender like Kent Patterson?

Or will they get someone else?

You can't bring in a recruit midway through the semester. They could do it after the Gopher series for the spring semester, but until then they will either have to go with two goalies or have an open tryout for students that are already enrolled at UND.

So with AG apparently leaving town, do you think the Sioux will go after a goaltender like Kent Patterson?

Or will they get someone else?

Maybe, but with the Sioux already having a pretty highly-regarded goalie coming in, I'd imagine it will probably be a lower-profile kid.

Maybe, but with the Sioux already having a pretty highly-regarded goalie coming in, I'd imagine it will probably be a lower-profile kid.

I would think you might want to start a two headed monster and get another top recruit, because if one doesn't do well at least you have something to fall back on. The Kollar and Karl G tandem worked pretty well for the Sioux. I don't know I just like to have some protection better to be safe than sorry.

I was informed that Zach's visit did go well and he liked everything about UND starting with the facility. He was told that he is the "missing piece" of the 2009 recruiting class. He will be visiting Minnesota this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised to see a commitment to one of the two shortly after that. I don't think he will visit many other schools, but I could be wrong.

I think so also. We were recruiting Brandon Maxwell from the NTDP program before he committed to BC. Now the goalie on our radar has been Mike Lee from Roseau. Both of those guys are 2009 prospects, so the scholarship has been held out until that point. Because of this, I would imagine the player coming in now will not be on much of a scholarship.

I was informed that Zach's visit did go well and he liked everything about UND starting with the facility. He was told that he is the "missing piece" of the 2009 recruiting class. He will be visiting Minnesota this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised to see a commitment to one of the two shortly after that. I don't think he will visit many other schools, but I could be wrong.

The missing piece is right our 09 class would be amazing with the addition of budish it would nicely compliment our amazing 08 class.

I think so also. We were recruiting Brandon Maxwell from the NTDP program before he committed to BC. Now the goalie on our radar has been Mike Lee from Roseau. Both of those guys are 2009 prospects, so the scholarship has been held out until that point. Because of this, I would imagine the player coming in now will not be on much of a scholarship.

Is Eddie's kid out of HS yet?

Thanks for the info.

Budish would be a great addition to the Sioux or Gopher class for 2009. Hopefully he goes with the Sioux. :D

That would be two amazing classes in a row with our 08 class being stacked and our 09 class not far behind already.

Thanks for the info.

Budish would be a great addition to the Sioux or Gopher class for 2009. Hopefully he goes with the Sioux. :D

That would be two amazing classes in a row with our 08 class being stacked and our 09 class not far behind already.

I agree the addition of Budish would be two great classes of FORWARDS in a row but we could really use some D. I really hope we can get some top notch d-men shortly before they all start heading elsewhere.

I agree the addition of Budish would be two great classes of FORWARDS in a row but we could really use some D. I really hope we can get some top notch d-men shortly before they all start heading elsewhere.

Keep in mind that we have 3 elite defensemen already coming in with Blood, Gleason, and Fienhage. So regardless we will not be suffering, what we could use is a couple more. For 2010 Mattson is just huge...

Aahh, you don't need dmen if you have highly skilled 2-way forwards. :D

Hopefully we can get Mattson. I hope he comes here instead of UMN.

I was thinking at semester's end for a goaltender.

I believe Lee is a junior this year, so he wouldn't be able to come in until the 2009-2010 year. We'd need a goaltender for the 2008-2009 year.

It's an interesting situation, IMO. Now you have JPL and Walski. Next year you have Walski and Eidsness. If we recruit another goaltender, and he's a bigger name, he may have a change of heart like AG did because there's little chance at anything better than a rotation unless Eidsness turns into a bust.

So perhaps a walk on is the way to go?

I was thinking at semester's end for a goaltender.

I believe Lee is a junior this year, so he wouldn't be able to come in until the 2009-2010 year. We'd need a goaltender for the 2008-2009 year.

It's an interesting situation, IMO. Now you have JPL and Walski. Next year you have Walski and Eidsness. If we recruit another goaltender, and he's a bigger name, he may have a change of heart like AG did because there's little chance at anything better than a rotation unless Eidsness turns into a bust.

So perhaps a walk on is the way to go?

Essentially, they are looking for a practice goaltender. I would agree that an already enrolled student as a walk on would be the best way to go because you would only be talking about one year and you wouldn't have to worry about getting a player cleared through the NCAA for second semester. Another advantage of it is that you could have a third practice goaltender for the rest of this first half so you wouldn't wear out Lammy and Walski so much.