SiouxSports.com Forum

Winona State Game

Let'sGoHawks!

I got 4 tickets for the game, but that was mainly due to the status of my dad in the Fighting Sioux Club....It sounds like they(Winona St.) were being pretty tight wads for letting go of tickets to visiting fans. Anyways, I put my name on a list last Monday(8/29) and I already got notified about the tickets. They were a hot commodidity from what I hear so if you don't have them by now, you might be too late. Good Luck

Did some research, their webpage has nothing about tickets. I emailed someone in their athletic dept, he gave me a phone number to call for tickets. If you want tickets, you reserve them over the phone with a credit card. Ask for the visiting section or you will be smack dab in the middle of WSU fans.

Here is that number: 507-457-5210.

They are calling this the biggest game in Winona State history! Lets spoil it for them.

I don't think Winona State's stadium is all that big guys. My friends who went to the GVSU playoff game did say that it was pretty small. That might be the reason why they're being stingy with tickets to UND. They might like to at least try to make a record crowd for them for the most part home fans. :p:D

I don't think Winona State's stadium is all that big guys.  My friends who went to the GVSU playoff game did say that it was pretty small.  That might be the reason why they're being stingy with tickets to UND.  They might like to at least try to make a record crowd for them for the most part home fans.  :p  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maxwell Field at Midwest Wireless Stadium seats about 4500. Yes, I realize that it's pitiful compared to GVSU and UND. But it's home to us and I wouldn't change it for a thing.

Hey read the news they are doing a Home and Home so next year Wsu is going up there... And one more thing to the wsu bashers Wsu almost beat them a couple of years ago wsu was up i think 27-26 or something but UND came back with 1:30 in the 4th to win the game so wsu can play with UND

Hey read the news they are doing a Home and Home so next year Wsu is going up there... And one more thing to the wsu bashers Wsu almost beat them a couple of years ago wsu was up i think 27-26 or something but UND came back with 1:30 in the 4th to win the game so wsu can play with UND

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the bashers are where? If you're looking for someone to tell you how great you are, you may be in the wrong place. On the other hand, looks like you already have an idea of how great you are, so why look somewhere else?

The woofing theorem

Not sure which players are out...I know that I will be down in Winona for this one though. Any tailgating or other pregame activities planned? There should be a good number of Sioux fans from the cities and Rochester coming to this one...the self proclaimed "Game of the Century" down there.

I got 4 tickets for the game, but that was mainly due to the status of my dad in the Fighting Sioux Club....It sounds like they(Winona St.) were being pretty tight wads for letting go of tickets to visiting fans. Anyways, I put my name on a list last Monday(8/29) and I already got notified about the tickets.  They were a hot commodidity from what I hear so if you don't have them by now, you might be too late.  Good Luck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me and Lefty will be tearing it up down in Winona, or should I say Lossona or Whineona... :lol:

I know, I know...horrible joke.

$3 bucks a gallon...WHEW :silly: That's expensive...but if you'd like to see a great team AT HOME FOR A MONTH....that's us!! This is going to be a fun month...come out JF&R!!! I'll deep fry you a turkey and you can sip Ovaltine out of my COOL RED RUTGERS COFFEE MUG!!! ;)

PS - it is cool :D

PS2 -- and there'll be DEEP FRIED TURKEY :D