SiouxSports.com Forum

Dahl Resigns From SCSU

Greyeagle

Wow. Great news for St. Clown fans. Dahl was rather this generation's Rube Bjorkman, no slams intended. Both great guys. This said, neither could much recruit, motivate, or coach their ways out of a wet paper bag.

Motzko will give Da Don a big run for some talent in Minnesota. Truth be told, Motzko probably has the better eye for it. A little birdie told me that he was the guy that The Don always turned to on who he should recruit.

Don't know much offhand about the Huskies this year, or who they bring back. They will be a much better team, and the difference should show almost immediately, ala that relatively new coach in Duluth.

that's really going to be JBSU now!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if you could call Bemidji State and Duluth our little sisters. At one time the Mens BB coach, Hockey coach and Football coach were all UND alum at BSU. Off course at UMD you have both hockey and Football coaches that are UND alumni.

Motzko will give Da Don a big run for some talent in Minnesota.  Truth be told, Motzko probably has the better eye for it.    A little birdie told me that he was the guy that The Don always turned to on who he should recruit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ring...ring..."Hey Bob, it's Don. I saw this guy's name in the paper....I think it's Phil something. Do you think we should recruit him? You do? Ok. What? Blake Wheeler? Never heard of him. If you say so. By the way, good call on recruiting Goligoski, Hagemo and Peltier. I was way off. I don't know how I won three titles and reached the Frozen Four at CC without you or even how I got Potulny, Riddle, Koalska, Martin and Waibel to sign with us when John Hill was here."

I would think it would be tough on a program to have its coach resign just before the season begins. However, it looked like this was coming for some time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dean Blais resigned late in the summer too. Is there something about this time of year that would make it the right time to leave? Obviously the offseason, but something with the recruiting timeline or something?

Dean Blais resigned late in the summer too. Is there something about this time of year that would make it the right time to leave? Obviously the offseason, but something with the recruiting timeline or something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From listening to Tim and Sweg this morning it sounds like SCSU pushed him out or something to that matter. I guess there really isn't the best time to leave.

From listening to Tim and Sweg this morning it sounds like SCSU pushed him out or something to that matter. I guess there really isn't the best time to leave.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kurtz did this to their football coach a while back.

If so, can't say I blame him. I would have fired him before last season.

Kurtz did this to their football coach a while back.

If so, can't say I blame him.  I would have fired him before last season.

I was wondering if they were going to push him out why did they sign him to a three year contract. I think the University had to pay him a severence package.

Oh well, good luck to Craig, he seems like a nice enough guy.