SiouxSports.com Forum

Collegiate Licensing Revenue Rankings

star2city

The Top Selling Colleges overall!

From another message board, a list of the top selling universities that are members of Collegiate Licensing Company was given. (CLC does not hold licensing agreements with a number of schools, like Minnesota.) Period of July 1st 2004 to June 30th 2005.

At #53, UND is the only DII school in the top 100 and is only exceeded by one DIAA school, Montana. UND’s revenue is probably helped by the high proportion of hockey jerseys sold, as one jersey gives the same licensing revenue as about 8 to 10 t-shirts. But still, the rating is rather impressive considering that UND is essentially tied with Army, Air Force, Georgetown, and Northwestern, and those logos seem to be everywhere. UND has been consistently around the 50th position for a couple of years.

(1.) University of North Carolina

(2.) The University of Michigan

(3.) The University of Texas at Austin

(4.) University of Georgia

(5.) The University of Oklahoma

(6.) University of Notre Dame

(7.) University of Tennessee Knoxville

(8.) University of Florida

(9.) Louisiana State University

(10.) The University of Alabama

(40.) University of Colorado

(41.) Stanford University

(42.) University of Cincinnati

(43.) University of Utah

(44.) Marshall University

(45.) Brigham Young University

(46.) The University of Montana

(47.) Colorado State University

(48.) U.S. Military Academy

(49.) Georgetown University

(50.) U.S. Air Force Academy

(51.) Northwestern University

(52.) The University of New Mexico

(53.) The University of North Dakota

(54.) Boise State University

(55.) Gonzaga University

(56.) East Carolina University

(57.) University of South Florida

(58.) Boston College

(59.) Baylor University

(60.) Fresno State

(61.) The University of Wyoming

(62.) University of Houston

(63.) University of Delaware

(64.) The University of Memphis

(65.) University of Central Florida

(66.) Villanova University

(67.) James Madison University

(68.) Tulane University

(69.) Texas State University

(70.) Texas Christian University

(71.) Marquette University

(72.) Southern Illinois University

(73.) Temple University

(74.) The University of Texas El Paso

(75.) Xavier University

(76.) Sam Houston State University

(77.) St. John's University

(78.) Southern Methodist University

(79.) University of New Hampshire

(80.) University of Nevada Las Vegas

(81.) Appalachian State University

(82.) The George Washington University

(83.) Western Kentucky University

(84.) Louisiana at Lafayette-University

(85.) The University of Toledo

(86.) The University of Texas at San Antonio

(87.) University of North Texas

(88.) Old Dominion University

(89.) Utah State University

(90.) San Diego State University

(91.) College of Charleston

(92.) University of Massachusetts

(93.) California State University

(94.) Saint Louis University

(95.) The University of Tulsa

(96.) North Carolina State University

(97.) University of Nevada

(98.) New Mexico State University

(99.) Northern Arizona University

(100.) George Mason

I see UND stuff everywhere I go. Just the other day, I was at a mall in the cities area with my sioux hat on, a couple kids passed by and said "SIOUXXXXX", they also had Sioux gear on. Doesn't surprise me where we are on that list.

I see UND stuff everywhere I go.  Just the other day, I was at a mall in the cities area with my sioux hat on, a couple kids passed by and said "SIOUXXXXX", they also had Sioux gear on.  Doesn't surprise me where we are on that list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That happens to me in the Denver area. DU fans will approach me at times and tell me what a great run it was for the whole WCHA. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Then, after we part ways, I do a silent prayer to the hockey gods that the Sioux kick their arse next year!

before you all go patting yourselves on the back about UND bing 53rd in the CLC rankings, please take note that this does not include every NCAA school. Schools like USC, UCLA, Minnesota, michigan ST. Ohio State, Iowa, just to name a few are not included on the list because they are independant and this also does not include the schools represented by other agencies like Arizona State, Texas A& M, DePaul, etc. So in reality, the Sioux are not even in the top 100 in terms or merchandise sales for colleges. sorry to rain on your parade, but the truth is what it is... :ohmy:

before you all go patting yourselves on the back about UND bing 53rd in the CLC rankings, please take note that this does not include every NCAA school.  Schools like USC, UCLA, Minnesota, michigan ST. Ohio State, Iowa, just to name a few are not included on the list because they are independant and this also does not include the schools represented by other agencies like Arizona State, Texas A& M, DePaul, etc.  So in reality, the Sioux are not even in the top 100 in terms or merchandise sales for colleges.  sorry to rain on your parade, but the truth is what it is... :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's almost like you missed this from the very first post... :ohmy:

a list of the top selling universities that are members of Collegiate Licensing Company was given. (CLC does not hold licensing agreements with a number of schools, like Minnesota.)

before you all go patting yourselves on the back about UND bing 53rd in the CLC rankings, please take note that this does not include every NCAA school.  Schools like USC, UCLA, Minnesota, michigan ST. Ohio State, Iowa, just to name a few are not included on the list because they are independant and this also does not include the schools represented by other agencies like Arizona State, Texas A& M, DePaul, etc.  So in reality, the Sioux are not even in the top 100 in terms or merchandise sales for colleges.  sorry to rain on your parade, but the truth is what it is... :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congrats on registering on ss to make one post that repeats what star2city points out in his first post. Looks like another "Skippy" has arrived.

Sprig...you are just a fricking parrot. Sioux fan wanna cracker?!!?? You just pointed out what 2 other people did to me before you.

To you other 2, I was attempting to enlighten you ignorant Sioux fans to what the real world outside of North Dakota (which is trapped in the 1950's still) is like.

In regards to the "basketball" schools that UND is ahead of:

NC State is transitioning over to another licensing company and has revenue posted with 2 companies that is more than UND will make in 5 years. Secondly, other than UTEP, schools like St. John and Marquette do not have football or hockey at all. So you are comparing a school with one sport versus a school with 3 sports. You can come back with UND is division 2 in all sports except for hockey, that is just becuase the do not have any balls like NDSU to go to division 1 to rumble with the big boys because tthey will get squashed like a bug. I saw the score from the Kansas basketball game a couple of years ago.

P.S. Change the name too. At least drop the fighting from it. Florida State is not the Fighting Seminoles, that would be offensive to native americans like myself.

Sprig...you are just a fricking parrot.  Sioux fan wanna cracker?!!??  You just pointed out what 2 other people did to me before you.

To you other 2, I was attempting to enlighten you ignorant Sioux fans to what the real world outside of North Dakota (which is trapped in the 1950's still) is like.

In regards to the "basketball" schools that UND is ahead of:

NC State is transitioning over to another licensing company and has revenue posted with 2 companies that is more than UND will make in 5 years.  Secondly, other than UTEP, schools like St. John and Marquette do not have football or hockey at all.  So you are comparing a school with one sport versus a school with 3 sports.  You can come back with UND is division 2 in all sports except for hockey, that is just becuase the do not have any balls like NDSU to go to division 1 to rumble with the big boys because tthey will get squashed like a bug.  I saw the score from the Kansas basketball game a couple of years ago.

P.S. Change the name too.  At least drop the fighting from it.  Florida State is not the Fighting Seminoles, that would be offensive to native americans like myself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What tribe are you from?

You can come back with UND is division 2 in all sports except for hockey

Our point is precisely how amazing it is how well UND is doing for being D-II. To follow your DI-AA comparison, UND is on par with Montana and ahead of JMU (you might have heard of them?) UND fans think it's nice to see how well our team's logo licensing is going. I don't really understand why someone would want to try to make us feel less good about it, but it certainly isn't working.

We can all see for ourselves the group of schools near UND on that list and a lot of us are pretty pleased with it -- no one is claiming we're UNC or asking anyone else to be impressed by it.

I understand how cool it is for UND to be on any list like that. I also want them to be comparing apples to apples. Montana and JMU do not have Division I hockey, so again you are comparing apples to pumpkins.

You never see UND outside of the State of north dakota, except in isolated instances in the twin cities when a stray sioux hockey fan is wandering about.

What UND does have is something that almost no other school in the country has...That us the Siuox and the Bison run the state in terms of fan interest. This greatly aids merchandise sales. For example at northwestern, they are in chicago but are competing for the fans dollars with Illinois, depaul, ill-chicago, notre dame, 5 professional teams, and several minor league teams. UND does not have that issue. So way to go on selling merchandise in your state.

I understand how cool it is for UND to be on any list like that.  I also want them to be comparing apples to apples.  Montana and JMU do not have Division I hockey, so again you are comparing apples to pumpkins.

You never see UND outside of the State of north dakota, except in isolated instances in the twin cities when a stray sioux hockey fan is wandering about.

What UND does have is something that almost no other school in the country has...That us the Siuox and the Bison run the state in terms of fan interest.  This greatly aids merchandise sales.  For example at northwestern, they are in chicago but are competing for the fans dollars with Illinois, depaul, ill-chicago, notre dame, 5 professional teams, and several minor league teams.  UND does not have that issue.  So way to go on selling merchandise in your state.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A couple of things. I live in Chicago and actually see UND stuff around more then I ever thought I would. I was playing poker the other night when I noticed a kid wearing a Sioux Football shirt. I asked him if he was from ND. He said "no, I just like the name and bought it off the internet." He said he saw the team playing on ESPN and liked the name. Now he considers himself a so-so fan of the school, so-so because he doesn't want to offend those who are true fans. I told him we appreciate anyone who wants to be a fan.

I was out at Wrigley about a month ago when I hear "Go Sioux" (I was wearing a Sioux Basketball shirt) I look over to see a guy wearing a UND hat. Pretty cool stuff. I know of many people in the Phoenix area that are Sioux fans and own Sioux apparell. Seems like you haven't been out of the Cities in a while. ???

Again...you are citing isolate incidents. The old saying birds of a feather flock together. I see all types of merchandise from my alma matter, but also several of my friends and people that I've met through my school's alumni association and suprise we all have stuff from our school and say go broncos and other things.

The point that was being made that you missed is while i can buy stuff from any podunk school like UND on the net. It would be save to say that the majority of the revenue that UND makes off of licensing and merchandise sales comes from items purchased within the state of N. Dakota. This is not to say that people do not order it that like in chicago like you, because the bookstore and englestad pro shop do ship items.

Again...you are citing isolate incidents.  The old saying birds of a feather flock together.  I see all types of merchandise from my alma matter, but also several of my friends and people that I've met through my school's alumni association and suprise we all have stuff from our school and say go broncos and other things. 

The point that was being made that you missed is while i can buy stuff from any podunk school like UND on the net.  It would be save to say that the majority of the revenue that UND makes off of licensing and merchandise sales comes from items purchased within the state of N.  Dakota.  This is not to say that people do not order it that like in chicago like you, because the bookstore and englestad pro shop do ship items.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have been citing isolated incidents on about every single post on this forum? You keep making statement that "never" or "all" and I'm just proving to you with my own (one persons) exeriences over the past month or so that you are wrong. I'm sorry that I'm able to prove your statments wrong with such ease..

Who cares where the items are purchased? Just cool to see our name that high on the list. Podunk school like UND? What podunk school is the Boncos?

come back at me with my own argument that put the brakes on what you were saying...very original.

I love the fact that you mispelled BRONCOS...and that you live so close to it yet you still have the narrowminded north dakota mentality that you do not know what is beyond the limits of the city you reside in.

Sorry I keep smoking you...just admit that you do not know all and be open to new truths and ideas...it will help you mature!!!

come back at me with my own argument that put the brakes on what you were saying...very original.

I love the fact that you mispelled BRONCOS...and that you live so close to it yet you still have the narrowminded north dakota mentality that you do not know what is beyond the limits of the city you reside in.

Sorry I keep smoking you...just admit that you do not know all and be open to new truths and ideas...it will help you mature!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For one, I have only lived here for 1 year. Secondly, this is a rather large city. Finally, who are the Broncos? Never heard of them? Will you point them out on the list from page one please. Thanks.

Smoking me? You might be smoking, but it's something else. I have proved everyone of your statements wrong with such ease. In fact, I'm laid back on my Lay-z-boy right now by the pool this is so easy. No, I do not have a Broncos speedo on ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't believe you want to get into a spelling argument, given the incoherence and spelling in your posts. I wouldn't admit to being a gopher graduate if I were you.

You obviously don't know what is beyond the concrete jungle you live in.