SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of big games in the east tomorrow. Grafton at North and South at RR.

Minot beat Williston 9-4 last night out west. Looks like Minot is the clear favorite, for now, as the top team in the West. Should be an interesting day in the east tomorrow. I am sure there will be a lot of talk on this board after the South/RR game. I hope both teams play well and have quality refs.

Minot beat Williston 9-4 last night out west. Looks like Minot is the clear favorite, for now, as the top team in the West. Should be an interesting day in the east tomorrow. I am sure there will be a lot of talk on this board after the South/RR game. I hope both teams play well and have quality refs.

wow, the west is down big time. The favorite out west loses to a team (central) that could very well finish eighth in the east region.

wow, the west is down big time. The favorite out west loses to a team (central) that could very well finish eighth in the east region.

I have been saying it all along. The Bismarck schools are down and many of the other programs have holes in their lineups. It will be interesting to see if the coaches are able to move any of these teams up to a higher level as the season goes on. You can carry the comparative score stuff too far but just as an exercise here is what we have - Shanley beats Central; Central beats Minot; Minot beats Williston by a big margin, both Bismarck schools are blown out by east opponents. We have to keep in mind this is early in the season. the next few weeks should be interesting. I am going to revise my rankings for the east and west on Saturday and Sunday.

The West is clearly down this season, although the West is always the weaker the regions, this year it may be a huge difference.

Lets get one thing straight though, there is no way that Central Finishes 8th in the east region. I mean come on...8th? In that Shanley game central flat out gave up at points, and I see central beating them in a rematch at any point in the season.

If Central finishes 8th, I will never post here again... ;)

Lets all pray for an 8th place Central finish.

If Central finishes 1-7 or any other place other than 8th, will you not post here again? :D

It really doesn't matter. My alma mater isn't going to choke in hockey like they did in football.... well... maybe they will. With Fargo South, what they look like on paper means nothing. ;)

Would anyone who went to any high school hockey games tonight please give a quick recap, as I would like to know the results and how it went. Thanks in advance.

Grafton 7-0 over North (2-0 after one period, 4-0 after two) - maybe 3-4 power play goals and two more goals scored within a few seconds of the power play finishing. Campbells play well - Kringstad made a couple of outstanding saves.

South beats Red River 2-1. South with one power play goal in the first period and an even strength goal in the second.

The South-Red River game was a hard fought battle between two very good teams. South took it to the Riders in the first period with a powerplay goal that goalie Eli Rosendahl never saw. The second period was a better period for the Riders but South scored on a two on one to take a 2-0 lead after two periods. The third period was dominated by the Riders as they took it to South. Red River pulled within one on a delayed penalty. The final shots for the game were 26-25 in favor of South. The Riders physically beat down South as the game went on but just couldn't catch the break they needed. The bounces just went in favor of South tonight as the Riders hit two pipes (One hitting the crossbar with 7 minutes left). Both goalies played fairly well but neither was at the top of their game. The game could of gone to either team but South got the one extra bounce they needed to pull of a victory. It will be interesting to see the two teams meet up again in Fargo for the second game of their series.

The South-RR game was a truly great HS hockey game. I would say it was nearly completely even and either team could have easily won. The one thing that stood out to me however, was the play of South's goalie. Although he only allowed one goal, he was amazingly unsure of himself and made many mistakes on shots that should not have gave him problems. Red River proved that they are undoubtedly going to once again be a force.

I also attended the Fargo South-Red River game, and I'll agree with both assessments made on the game. It was a great high school hockey game that can probably be labeled as the most physical game that I've ever seen at Purpor arena (that includes the game last year when Vigen just destroyed a Central player). If you were moving, you got hit, thats simply the way it was.

I still think that Galt should win Mr. Hockey after this game. Although Weisgarber looked good as well, Galt was probably the best player for South tonight. Whenever he has the puck in the offensive zone something happens, and his ability to get the puck to the net through traffic is amazing.... ;)

PS: Weisgarber is one helluva backchecker as well. A very complete player.

I also attended the Fargo South-Red River game, and I'll agree with both assessments made on the game. It was a great high school hockey game that can probably be labeled as the most physical game that I've ever seen at Purpor arena (that includes the game last year when Vigen just destroyed a Central player). If you were moving, you got hit, thats simply the way it was.

I still think that Galt should win Mr. Hockey after this game. Although Weisgarber looked good as well, Galt was probably the best player for South tonight. Whenever he has the puck in the offensive zone something happens, and his ability to get the puck to the net through traffic is amazing.... ;)

PS: Weisgarber is one helluva backchecker as well. A very complete player.

I went to the south-red river game as well. I have to agree with you wilbur, it was a great game. Looked almost like tournament time. Galt is a great player, but i dont think he is solid defensively. Red River had some new faces that suprised me.

I went to the south-red river game as well. I have to agree with you wilbur, it was a great game. Looked almost like tournament time. Galt is a great player, but i dont think he is solid defensively. Red River had some new faces that suprised me.

With all of those Sophomores playing well for Red River, they will undoubtedly be a force for the years to come. Did they start 3 Sophomores? I think thats what it was. They just continue to reload year in and year out.

PS: Does anybody know if there is a new rule in place or the option of the home team wearing their dark uniforms this season? Both games I've been too the home team has donned their usual away uniforms. Just checking/wondering... :glare:

I attending the Grafton/North game. North really didn't put up much of a fight. It was 5-0 at the end of 2 periods. North only had 10 shots at that moment.. Kringstad looked pretty quick and solid on the few shots that he faced. The Campbell line looks really good with a lot of speed and great puck handleing and passing. Miller and Tanner Anderson also looked good on the second. Third line scored also and looked good. should be a good year for the Spoilers I think.

With all of those Sophomores playing well for Red River, they will undoubtedly be a force for the years to come. Did they start 3 Sophomores? I think thats what it was. They just continue to reload year in and year out.

PS: Does anybody know if there is a new rule in place or the option of the home team wearing their dark uniforms this season? Both games I've been too the home team has donned their usual away uniforms. Just checking/wondering... :glare:

RR does not have their Home jerseys in yet...

As far as the game.. Props to RedRiver for stayin with South like they did. Regardless of the outcome, I still think Fargo was clearly a better team that either had a somewhat sluggish night or played to the level of their opponent.

... an how bout the Knights? is there any chance for our boys to turn over a new leaf in time to score big points in the East? :glare:

RR does not have their Home jerseys in yet...

As far as the game.. Props to RedRiver for stayin with South like they did. Regardless of the outcome, I still think Fargo was clearly a better team that either had a somewhat sluggish night or played to the level of their opponent.

... an how bout the Knights? is there any chance for our boys to turn over a new leaf in time to score big points in the East? :glare:

I don't think I would say that South was clearly a better team. It is still early in the year, so I think that we'll see some definate change in these teams. As South is quite veteran-filled, Red River had many new, young players (9 to be exact) getting quite a bit of ice time last nite. As the season goes on, these players will become more experienced and Red River will a much better team than they have showed this far in the year. That said, South and Grafton, I'm sure, will improve as well. Some bright points for the Riders - they have 2 of the best young defensemen in the state in Ryan LaDouceur and Jarrett Galbreath. It would not surprise me if one or both of these players made the All-Region or maybe ever All-State teams. Also, I think Eli Rosendahl showed that he is the one of the best in the state. The goals that were scored against him were on a power play and a 2 on 1 rush and he looked quite comfortable even when South was peppering him with shots. On a final note, I think that the Mihulka-Spies-Meland line could put up 100 points this year. Mihulka is probably the strongest kid in the state, and Spies and Meland both can put the puck away. That line, along with the Weisgarber line and the Campbell line from Grafton will be the best lines in the state.

I attending the Grafton/North game. North really didn't put up much of a fight. It was 5-0 at the end of 2 periods. North only had 10 shots at that moment.. Kringstad looked pretty quick and solid on the few shots that he faced. The Campbell line looks really good with a lot of speed and great puck handleing and passing. Miller and Tanner Anderson also looked good on the second. Third line scored also and looked good. should be a good year for the Spoilers I think.

I attended the Grafton/North game also, Grafton definatly has some guns, I can't wait to see them agianst alittle stronger team.