SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

With you saying it is early naming Galt Mr. Hockey, IMO I think it is early saying four of RR players could leave to juniors. The only one that has a shot IMO (as of right now, I know things change) is Galbreath. The only thing holding him back is strength (which I see no problem improving).

I think the biggest difference in the South/RR game was the second lines of both teams. Adam Campbell, being a second line center for South, will make it tough for any team (other than probably Grafton) to match a second line player with a forward with his skill and especially his strength.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With you saying it is early naming Galt Mr. Hockey, IMO I think it is early saying four of RR players could leave to juniors. The only one that has a shot IMO (as of right now, I know things change) is Galbreath. The only thing holding him back is strength (which I see no problem improving).

I think the biggest difference in the South/RR game was the second lines of both teams. Adam Campbell, being a second line center for South, will make it tough for any team (other than probably Grafton) to match a second line player with a forward with his skill and especially his strength.

I disagree. LaDoucer will be ready by the end of the year if he opts to go. As far as Vigen strength is not an question with him. Both Vigen and meland have the skill to move on to the next level maybe not next season but definately their senior year.

Cambell didnt get much done against the second line of Brown, Vigen and schneider. He is a good player but schneider, vigen, and brown are all capable of keepin up with him.

Edited by junior24

You honestly think LaDoucer will be good enough to go play juniors after only his sophmore year, maybe some joke junior B team but nothing more. LaDoucer is a decent defensemen but not that good. Personally I think Galbreath is the better of the two. And also, GPR's top line and South's top line are by far the best in the state. If the Mihulka line is third best, they are aways behind the top two.

SHANLEY #1 IN THE EDC.... WHAT??

I disagree. LaDoucer will be ready by the end of the year if he opts to go. As far as Vigen strength is not an question with him. Both Vigen and meland have the skill to move on to the next level maybe not next season but definately their senior year.

Cambell didnt get much done against the second line of Brown, Vigen and Benke. He is a good player but benke, vigen, and brown are all capable of keepin up with him.

Benke didnt play with brown and vigen, schneider did.

RR does not have their Home jerseys in yet...

As far as the game.. Props to RedRiver for stayin with South like they did. Regardless of the outcome, I still think Fargo was clearly a better team that either had a somewhat sluggish night or played to the level of their opponent.

... an how bout the Knights? is there any chance for our boys to turn over a new leaf in time to score big points in the East? :glare:

Red River is planning to wear there red jerseys for all home games if possible. I have spoke with one of the kids that plays for Red River since my son is friends with him. They aren't planning to wear their white jerseys from last year that much.

Also, I thought the Red River/South game could have gone either way. South's forchecking just looked too strong for the Riders to get anything going. David Spies had a shot that bounced off the inside of the crossbar which would have tied the game up in the third. Another big difference in the game was Eric Meland's penalty with 4 minutes left in the game. The penalty he received for roughing was weak as the South player looked like he took a big dive to the ice and acted like he was hurt. Give credit to South for how physical they were in all ends of the ice which proved a big difference in the end.

Red River is planning to wear there red jerseys for all home games if possible. I have spoke with one of the kids that plays for Red River since my son is friends with him. They aren't planning to wear their white jerseys from last year that much.

Also, I thought the Red River/South game could have gone either way. South's forchecking just looked too strong for the Riders to get anything going. David Spies had a shot that bounced off the inside of the crossbar which would have tied the game up in the third. Another big difference in the game was Eric Meland's penalty with 4 minutes left in the game. The penalty he received for roughing was weak as the South player looked like he took a big dive to the ice and acted like he was hurt. Give credit to South for how physical they were in all ends of the ice which proved a big difference in the end.

Red River was twice as physical as south was.

Cambell didnt get much done against the second line of Brown, Vigen and schneider. He is a good player but schneider, vigen, and brown are all capable of keepin up with him.

Yea those guys are alright but I think the Jake Brown kid from Red river is the best out of all of them. I'm not saying hes the best player in the state, but hes close.

You honestly think LaDoucer will be good enough to go play juniors after only his sophmore year, maybe some joke junior B team but nothing more. LaDoucer is a decent defensemen but not that good. Personally I think Galbreath is the better of the two. And also, GPR's top line and South's top line are by far the best in the state. If the Mihulka line is third best, they are aways behind the top two.

SHANLEY #1 IN THE EDC.... WHAT??

Both Ladouceur and Galbreath show great potential in the upcoming years. The GPR and Fargo South top lines are two of the best in the state, but you have to put Mihulkas line up there too. I was at the RR/FS game and they looked very evenly matched. Souths top line didn't score once on RR's.

The refs did all they could to help Red River get back in it but unfortunetly were unsuccessful. A couple of blatant icings waved off and a few offsides that weren't called. Also, do the refs have some sort of agreement with Red River to never call a penalty on Mihulka. I've never seen a player trip, slash, hold, and hook so much without getting called in my life. Especially when he got into a scrum with a South kid after the whistle but instead of taking Mihulka they took a Red River player who didn't even do anything and the South kid. However, I do think Red River played their absolute best and caught South on what seemed to be an off night. Maybe they were a little sluggish because of not being able to skate because of the blizzard and school cancelations.

Edited by ND Hockey 4

I have a good source that tells me they ref in favor of RR or Central. To all those fans that thing it doesn't happen you are so wrong because like I said I have a really good source. Brings out the questioned how many champs for the GF teams were actually won fairly in the past 10 years or so. Especially if LaDucer is on the ice as a zebra.

I have a good source that tells me they ref in favor of RR or Central. To all those fans that thing it doesn't happen you are so wrong because like I said I have a really good source. Brings out the questioned how many champs for the GF teams were actually won fairly in the past 10 years or so. Especially if LaDucer is on the ice as a zebra.

Are you from Fargo? obviously.

What a joke, your teams don't win so you blame the refs. Ask the Grand Forks Caoches and they will be the first to tell you they get better reffing at away games.

In my personal opinion, your are not very intellectual.

What a joke, your teams don't win so you blame the refs. Ask the Grand Forks Caoches and they will be the first to tell you they get better reffing at away games.

Discussing the ref thing is really a can of worms. You hear it in other sports too -complaints about the local refs being biased and sometimes it is even against the local team. An administrator for the North Dakota Amateur Hockey Association did a study a few years ago and found that the worst place to be a home team was Fargo - in bantam hockey - because they had more calls against them there than at away games. Hard to interpret those results in a clear fashion. In addition, I had a number of Grand Forks people (parents, former players, various coaches) make negative comments about the calls made by a Grand Forks ref in a game involving an out of town high school team. There are refs in every town that should not be refs or at least should not work certain games. As I pointed out in an earlier post - the way to deal with this is to get refs that are not associated with a particular team. That can be hard to do because there is a limit on the number of refs but at least for EDC and State games it is important to get neutral refs.

Good point to everyone who says the refs favor GF. As a matter of fact, thats probably the reason that the GF schools have won 90% of the ND state titles. You guys should contact ESPN because Jeremy Schaap would love to do an Outside the Lines special on this large scale pro-GF corrupion. Hopefully they explain that the superior talent and coaching in GF has nothing to do with them winning.......

Discussing the ref thing is really a can of worms. You hear it in other sports too -complaints about the local refs being biased and sometimes it is even against the local team. An administrator for the North Dakota Amateur Hockey Association did a study a few years ago and found that the worst place to be a home team was Fargo - in bantam hockey - because they had more calls against them there than at away games. Hard to interpret those results in a clear fashion. In addition, I had a number of Grand Forks people (parents, former players, various coaches) make negative comments about the calls made by a Grand Forks ref in a game involving an out of town high school team. There are refs in every town that should not be refs or at least should not work certain games. As I pointed out in an earlier post - the way to deal with this is to get refs that are not associated with a particular team. That can be hard to do because there is a limit on the number of refs but at least for EDC and State games it is important to get neutral refs.

There has always been refs from different towns that do EDC and State. Maybe you should watch a tournament game.

Good point to everyone who says the refs favor GF. As a matter of fact, thats probably the reason that the GF schools have won 90% of the ND state titles. You guys should contact ESPN because Jeremy Schaap would love to do an Outside the Lines special on this large scale pro-GF corrupion. Hopefully they explain that the superior talent and coaching in GF has nothing to do with them winning.......

WOW, you must have lost to GF teams your whole life. You seem pretty upset. How can you even say that GF kids dont have talent? What other town in ND has produced more successful hockey players? Im interested to know?

WOW, you must have lost to GF teams your whole life. You seem pretty upset. How can you even say that GF kids dont have talent? What other town in ND has produced more successful hockey players? Im interested to know?

Read it again, Im making fun of those who blame the refs.....as the last sentence would imply.

There has always been refs from different towns that do EDC and State. Maybe you should watch a tournament game.

Yes, I already know that. I have been to tons of EDC and State games and have seen refs from all over the state. Do you seriously think that I meant that all of the refs are from Grand Forks for those events? If that is the case then you have some serious cognitive problems. Did you understand my point? Obviously not. Let me try and re-state it: When you have a pool of refs from across the state for these sorts of events then you should match them so that refs that have the appearance of a conflict of interest are not doing those games. For example, refs should not do games that their kids are in. Refs should not do games for schools that employ them. Maybe you should focus on trying to understand what is being written rather than providing some sort of childish remark.

Read it again, Im making fun of those who blame the refs.....as the last sentence would imply.

QB Eagles #7 I think bochamp has some problems with using a website. First he started 3 new high school threads because he does not know how to use the system and also seems to have trouble understanding what other members are posting.

[]

ND high school hockey does not use the USA Rule Book. ND hockey use the National Federation of State High School hockey rule book. http://www.nfhs.org/ScriptContent/Index.cfm . Looking at the USA rule book does not do anybody any good.

Great and thanks for the link. The only problem is that the site, and online rule book, is only available to subscribers. So really, the link does not do anyone any good - without a membership password. If you have access to the site how about reading it and enlightening all of us on their statement on the conditions that lead to the awarding of a penalty shot.

The refs did all they could to help Red River get back in it but unfortunetly were unsuccessful. A couple of blatant icings waved off and a few offsides that weren't called. Also, do the refs have some sort of agreement with Red River to never call a penalty on Mihulka. I've never seen a player trip, slash, hold, and hook so much without getting called in my life. Especially when he got into a scrum with a South kid after the whistle but instead of taking Mihulka they took a Red River player who didn't even do anything and the South kid. However, I do think Red River played their absolute best and caught South on what seemed to be an off night. Maybe they were a little sluggish because of not being able to skate because of the blizzard and school cancelations.

In the game tonight, Mihulka was called for a penalty. 10 seconds after he stepped out of the box and onto the ice, he was called for another one. Also, can you whine a little bit more about how much the refs love GF teams? Really, can you? I'm not sure I've heard someone complain about as much stuff and look for excuses as much as you have.