SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where woudl they play in Bismarck that could hold 7-9 thousand people? O, wait, nowhere and there would be nowhere near the attendance. Completely riduculous argument, untill there is a reasonable facility there is no way it shoudl leave GF.

I used to be in the boat of rotating the tournament, but facts are facts. The tournament should stay in the best facility the state has to offer, which is obviously REA. The one thing I think should change is requiring all teams to stay in hotels. But that will never happen either.... :angry:

they play central egf gfrr and gpr everyyear, thats what i meant, never said minot or the west was terrible just said that i don't see them winning a state game in the near future because parity between the two regions is just not a reality.

Never said Minot or the west was terrible...

"there could have easily been no teams from the west in the state tournament this year"

"wow 3 players in the ushl, you would think they would have gotten out of the first round of state!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Do you really want teams like south or red river playing bottaneu or dickinson, that would get ugly fast?"

What exactly were you trying to imply?

How is playing Bottineau and Dickinson any different than playing Wahpeton and Jamestown?

6-8 hours. And I also believe that statement was in the context of the State Tournament or qualifying for, where Wahp, and until this season, Jamestown hold a much smaller chance of being in that position.

Where woudl they play in Bismarck that could hold 7-9 thousand people? O, wait, nowhere and there would be nowhere near the attendance. Completely riduculous argument, untill there is a reasonable facility there is no way it shoudl leave GF.

Take it easy. I didn't say it should leave GF. I just said Bismarck is the only other place that might be nice enough. The civic center holds about 6000 people. I don't think it should leave GF, just giving a suggestion.

A huge hit to Red River next season will be losing Bry as the assistant coach. Hands down the best assistant coach in the state. Throughout the post-season it looked as if he was making all critical decisions on the bench as Malm just looked on.

I am saddened by this news, he was by far my favorite coach last year he helped me alot in practice with the mental aspects of the game, your right he did make alot of big decisions down the stretch I think i speak for all of my teammates when i say we will miss him. When we were making our run last year I remember alot of times when he would make a nice memorable speech to us.

Take it easy. I didn't say it should leave GF. I just said Bismarck is the only other place that might be nice enough. The civic center holds about 6000 people. I don't think it should leave GF, just giving a suggestion.

I don't care about this topic.. but just wanted to chime in that the bismarck civic center holds a lot more than 6000 people especially in a hockey set up. The capacity is probably around 10,000 +

I am saddened by this news, he was by far my favorite coach last year he helped me alot in practice with the mental aspects of the game, your right he did make alot of big decisions down the stretch I think i speak for all of my teammates when i say we will miss him. When we were making our run last year I remember alot of times when he would make a nice memorable speech to us.

My experiences with Mark Bry in Select Hockey and with the ND 88 team were totally positive. In my opinion, any team that has him as a coach has a tremendous asset. I hope he continues to be involved in hockey in some way.

I don't care about this topic.. but just wanted to chime in that the bismarck civic center holds a lot more than 6000 people especially in a hockey set up. The capacity is probably around 10,000 +

wow your right, while your at it you could just move it to the fargo-dome or the willeston football feild play it out doors, maybe play it at the langdon civic center, heck you could play it in medora. OR it could be kept in a rink where everyone wants to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the F/M Jets invite camp ND/Northern Minnesota boys do well as Team Red backstopped by Beau Christian of Moorhead (and 6' 5" Martin Iberer of Austria Jr. A) defeated Team Black 5-2. Team Red had goals from Nick Klenow (Fargo), Robbie Phillip (Thief River), Marc Mihulka (Grand Forks). The invite camp continues through Sunday with the All Star game. Other notables in the tryout include: Jeff Foss (Moorhead), Tyler Swanson (West Fargo), Brooks Dezellar (Holy Angels), Dayn Belfour (Victory Honda AAA), Grant Larson (Fargo South), Keaton Smith (Holy Angels), Kevin Jones (Duluth Marshall), Ian Stauber (Duluth Marshall), Jack Connolly (Duluth Marshall), Bho Olson (Holy Angels), as well as many others. Most of the returning Jets are there (or potentially returning depending if they jump to the USHL). These include Paul Weisgarber, Chris Connolly, etc.

At the F/M Jets invite camp ND/Northern Minnesota boys do well as Team Red backstopped by Beau Christian of Moorhead (and 6' 5" Martin Iberer of Austria Jr. A) defeated Team Black 5-2. Team Red had goals from Nick Klenow (Fargo), Robbie Phillip (Thief River), Marc Mihulka (Grand Forks). The invite camp continues through Sunday with the All Star game. Other notables in the tryout include: Jeff Foss (Moorhead), Tyler Swanson (West Fargo), Brooks Dezellar (Holy Angels), Dayn Belfour (Victory Honda AAA), Grant Larson (Fargo South), Keaton Smith (Holy Angels), Kevin Jones (Duluth Marshall), Ian Stauber (Duluth Marshall), Jack Connolly (Duluth Marshall), Bho Olson (Holy Angels), as well as many others. Most of the returning Jets are there (or potentially returning depending if they jump to the USHL). These include Paul Weisgarber, Chris Connolly, etc.

I was unaware the young Tyler Swanson had made it this far in their tryout camp. His jump to the NAHL would leave a large hole in the Packers this winter. Please keep us updated on how he fairs throughout the weekend.

wow your right, while your at it you could just move it to the fargo-dome or the willeston football feild play it out doors, maybe play it at the langdon civic center, heck you could play it in medora. OR it could be kept in a rink where everyone wants to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a question, are you able to read? I said it should stay in GF, but was just saying it could be played at the civic center if they had to move it west. Read the post.

I was unaware the young Tyler Swanson had made it this far in their tryout camp. His jump to the NAHL would leave a large hole in the Packers this winter. Please keep us updated on how he fairs throughout the weekend.

Just to add to the info on the invitational camp - Team Grey defeated Team Red 4-2 in an evening game. Mihulka scored on a nice set-up from Klenow for the Red Team. Not sure who had the other one for Red. Paul Weisgarber had a very nice goal for Grey.

lives to play hockey, wow.... find friends and talk to them....... please

Nah, that's the MO around here. If you don't like a certain team/division/player/situation and dare post it, you get flamed. I could offer commentary as to why I believe this occurs on this thread, but I'm already going to get flamed because this agrees with a "johnny come lately" in PCM. :angry:

everyone should cut livestoplayhockey a little slack, he obviously couldnt hack it playing high school hockey, so instead of spending his time trying to improve his hockey skills he spends it on siouxsports.com, its ok livestoplayhockey not everybody can be good at hockey but im sure you are good at something, maybe you should take up chess or water polo ya just never know what you might be good at. but would you please stop posting because everytime someone reads your posts they leave their computer dumber than before