SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

Hey "BrokeBack tron3050" you should spend more time watching the sport and less time checking out the guys. I didn't know we ahd desperate rink fans in the audiance. Men's swimming is coming up, why not go check that out instead of a real man's sport.

How do you know their not female?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching all of the games yesterday i have no idea how jundt won that award. He was a mediocre player at best. He would be a number 3or4 defensemen on most eastern teams. You put someone like Galbreath, Ladoucer, Swanason and they will put up at least double his numbers. People say he is so good defensively but a player that good playing in the west should put up more than sixteen points. Bottomline is this new thing with auto-bids is ridicuous. Mihulka, is 10x the player he is. Thomas Cambell, Andy Peterson, Larson, you name it are all much better than him and he doesnt deserve to be a fianlist for this.

After watching all of the games yesterday i have no idea how jundt won that award. He was a mediocre player at best. He would be a number 3or4 defensemen on most eastern teams. You put someone like Galbreath, Ladoucer, Swanason and they will put up at least double his numbers. People say he is so good defensively but a player that good playing in the west should put up more than sixteen points. Bottomline is this new thing with auto-bids is ridicuous. Mihulka, is 10x the player he is. Thomas Cambell, Andy Peterson, Larson, you name it are all much better than him and he doesnt deserve to be a fianlist for this.

Anyone know weather conditions will I make it to Grand Forks from Fargo today?

Anyone know weather conditions will I make it to Grand Forks from Fargo today?

Sounds like South made it up (parents and players) safetly while driving about 65 mph.

P.S. Sorry for my earlier post, that was inappropriate and goes against my earlier comment this week on character. I was trying to joke around and did not mean to offend anyone.

Jundt won the award because the majority of coaches from the West believe he is the best player in the West. I don't think it's right for you to say he does or does not deserve to be a Mr. Hockey finalist because you've seen him play one time. Things sometimes don't go as they are supposed to, that's life and you learn to deal with it. I'm sure this won't bother Marc, so why should it bother you. Your trying to tell me Jundt would be a 3 or 4 d-man on West Fargo, Shanley, North, Jamestown, Wahpeton, Central, or Grafton? Maybe he'd be behind Wurden on South making him number 3, but I have a feeling he'd be ahead one RR d-man. Thats almost all eastern teams. If you were in Mr. Jundt's shoes I don't think you'd want to hear about how a bunch of people are saying you don't deserve this or you don't deserve that because you had a 16 point season. Grow up.

Outsider looking in here. Graduated from Central in 1988 and no longer live in the area. Do they have a shot in hell against South tonight? I'd love to see an all GF tilt in the championship game.

Central pretty much always has a shot against any team, becuase of their quality program and such, but they'll have to play a basically flawless game since South outscored them 11-2 in their two wins this year, including a 7-1 win just a couple weeks ago. In their last game South started very slow and gave up an early goal to Central but went on a huge roll and scored 7 unanswered and it wasn't really ever close after the first 7-10 minutes or so.

Both games tonight should be good games, but I expect South and Red River to both win by 2-4 goals.

3-1 After 2.

I must say that whomever is doing the game for WDAY 970 AM is only half calling the game. He's pretty good at saying what's going on on the ice, but he seems to forget that the people listening in can't see the scoreboard. I shouldn't have to listen to the last 3 minutes of gameplay, with the guy talking about "flukey goals" and what Central is trying to do if you don't know whether or not they are losing or winning or scoreless or what. Heh, when this piehole was talking about flukey goals scored by Central, I must say that I was under the impression that it was a couple and that Central may have had the lead or was at least tied. At least he's better than that idiot that calls the Moorhead hockey games on the radio. 970 AM guy at least knows that we can't see what's going on on the ice. Moorhead announcer thinks we're in his living room chatting about what we're watching on tv. Worthless.

I was surprised to find out that South was winning 3-1.

OH! And Central fans: "Flukey goals" was the announcers words, not mine. I didn't see Central's goal. Remember: It doesn't matter if it is flukey or the most beautiful goal ever seen. It's still worth one point.

Way to go RR in winning while laying on the goalie. If this would have been Minnesota it wouldn't have been at goal because it would have been reviewed. Hope RR is happy with their crappy win,

He was clearly nudged in by the Grafton Dman. And as usual, Kringstad was flailing around on the ground. If you watch closely, Kringstad's legs are outside of the crease and make first contact with Meland. Sore Loser.

Here are my thoughts on the games tonite:

South vs. Central: South again did not play their best, but neither did Central. South really controlled for the first half of the game, but it was pretty even in the second half. I remember looking at the shots at one point in the second and it was 17-7 South, but the next time I looked it was 23-19 South so Central really started getting back into it in the last half of the game. On a side note, the worst penalty call in the history of the world took place tonite, when Paul Weisgarber was given a 5 minute major for "cross checking" Central's goalie after a South goal. What really happened was the Central defender (Gregoire?) pushed Weisgarber, causing Paul to topple into the goalie.

Red River vs. Grafton: This game was really a draw. Red River looked shaky all night, not at all the team that handled Grafton in the two previous games they played. I thought that Eli Rosendahl played alot better after allowing the second goal on the 5 on 3. He looked a lot more comfortable after that. Tony Kringstad played MUCH better than I thought he would, really made a lot of good saves near the end of the game, especially on the last Red River powerplay. He had some pretty questionable antics after the game ended, but I won't get into those here.

TOMORROW NITE:

RED RIVER vs. SOUTH

I expect to see a great game tomorrow nite. Both teams have struggled in their opening two games, hardly playing up to their potential. My guess is that both teams will leave it all on the ice and we'll have a treat for a championship game. Red River will have to play their best to win tomorrow, as will South. I think, however, that Marc Mihulka and Co. will be too strong for South to stop and Red River will win a great game, 3-1.

He was clearly nudged in by the Grafton Dman. And as usual, Kringstad was flailing around on the ground. If you watch closely, Kringstad's legs are outside of the crease and make first contact with Meland. Sore Loser.

Not as sore as I suspect some posters will be should South be victorious tommorrow.

GFRR has had South's number all season long. I expect Red River to win 2-1, but I hope for a 3-2 South victory.

I almost want South to win more to see what posters like riders06 and the like will say more than the fact that South is my alma mater. In my opinion, even if South loses, I don't feel like second place is bad at all.

I really didn't care who won either game, but Red River's OT winner wasn't a goal. Argue with me all you want, but the guy was in the crease on top of the goaltender, and it didn't seem like the Grafton guy hit the RR guy that hard at all. Ohh well, Red River is the better team, and probably still would have won the game.

Still though, what a game!! :D

man, that was just a great high school hockey game!! Both teams playted great wiht the better team winning but grafton hung in there. Both had good crowds. The Red River student section was loud as eer and pretty full. They seem like a little sioux student crowd wiht teh sieves and the chants and penalty box chant to. I heard they got warned though for being to obnouxious but i guess only 2 peopel were kicked out. Should be a great championhip game tomorrow and hopefully grand forks will win another championship.

GFRR has had South's number all season long. I expect Red River to win 2-1, but I hope for a 3-2 South victory.

I don't know if a 2-1 record and an 8-7 combined score is really having their number...obviously Red River has had a slight leg up over South this season, but not that much.

On a side note, the worst penalty call in the history of the world took place tonite, when Paul Weisgarber was given a 5 minute major for "cross checking" Central's goalie after a South goal. What really happened was the Central defender (Gregoire?) pushed Weisgarber, causing Paul to topple into the goalie.

It wasn't just a push, it was a pretty hard cross check directly from behind. The penalty on Paul was the most bizarre and terrible call I've seen in a long time. They called a penalty on the Central guy too (for checking from behind) so they did acknowledge that he did something wrong. I think (based on signals the refs were making) that they thought Paul intentionally cross checked the goalie while going down, but I think he was caught off guard by the cross check from behind after the whistle (3 penalties in one!) and he instinctively grabbed his stick while going down and happened to fall right on the goalie.

Red River vs. Grafton: This game was really a draw. Red River looked shaky all night, not at all the team that handled Grafton in the two previous games they played. I thought that Eli Rosendahl played alot better after allowing the second goal on the 5 on 3. He looked a lot more comfortable after that. Tony Kringstad played MUCH better than I thought he would, really made a lot of good saves near the end of the game, especially on the last Red River powerplay. He had some pretty questionable antics after the game ended, but I won't get into those here.

Hate to split hairs, but the 5 on 3 goal was GPR's first goal (putting them up 1-0). Their second goal was Campbell's amazing goal from behind the net which put them up 2-1. That was one of the best goals I've seen in a long time. Some people might chalk it up as a flukey goal, but I think it was pretty clear that the goalie relaxed for just a second, Campbell saw it, and fired a shot right off his skates. A very impressive and quick shot that was in the net before the goalie really even saw it coming.

Tomorrow night's game should be another great one. Both teams have had some very dominating stretches and some very unimpressive stretches. The bottom line is they played well enough to get to the championship, and I think either team deserves it. South wins 4-2.

The official who made that terrible call was Eslinger. I agree that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. I usually don't gripe about the officials, but that was inexcusable. I hope who ever is in charge of the officials in this state take alook at that and at least reprimand him. I certainly hope he doesn't work anymore games in this tournament.