SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said they didn't deserve it...just said they are not supposed to be there...

Sorry my bad, I thought central would win. Minot has a horrible record at the state and central has the pride and history. Looks like Minot took some unsportsmanlikes towards the end. Typical bush league stuff they always do. New coach same team.

Did they win the games they needed to in order to get into the tourney? :huh: Apparently they did because the last time I checked they beat Minot.

Thank you... I figured they would beat Minot, usually it is the East that wins all of their opening games... However at EDC if Grafton would've beat North that first game I say that WF is at State right now and GFC isn't, but that isn't how it went...

No...It's because GFC was towards the bottom of the East Region for a majority of this year but still got in as the 5th seed. They lost their first game at EDC to West Fargo (a team that i think should be at State), went in to two overtimes with Jamestown (#8 seed) and then they got a upset to work in their favor and played a weaker team than they should've (FN #6 seed rather than Grafton #3 seed) and got into the State tourney.

The Double-elimination set-up usually tries to make it so the 1-4 seeds make it to state...but this year 1, 2, 3, 5.

Yes, I agree that Central had their struggles this year and does not have as talented a team as usual and spent a good part of the season in the bottom half of the East Region. They made it to the state tournament because they won 2 of 3 hockey games regardless of who they were against. If West Fargo is good enough to be in the State Tournament (and I am not saying they are or arent because I didnt see them play this year), then why arent they there?

With regards to the setup, if they wanted the top four seeds to make it to the State Tournament, it would be a single elimination and those teams winning on Thursday of the regional would be in the state tournament. One issue I have with the current setup is that I feel the eight best teams in the state are not represented at the State Tournament.

Ramberg has a goal and an assist in the game so far. Talked with G-PR hockey players, on a different note, and they say that it'll be a good game against Williston.

Williston is quick and go all out but not much for size. I don't know if any of the guys that got hurt in Regional will play or not.

It is not a given that G-P-R would have beaten GFC at Purper if they would have had to play in the qualifier. Central played that same Spoiler team a week earlier and handled G-P-R quite well. I was there and Central derserved to win that game. Had they played in East Region maybe G-P-R wins, or maybe not. So I don't think you can say that GFC does not derserve to be in the State tournament. You could also look at the fact, that if, GFC would have not had football legs in their first game of the year versus Shanley that they would have collected the 4 points and been the 4 seed headed into the East Region tournament. I'm not argueing I'm just trying to get a look at a different perspective.

Minot today...tough one... however, how they could leave that many GFC players standing at the top of the crease throughout the game is beyond me.

May I say what poor sportsmanship Minot has. Two of their players were kicked out of the game after Central scored an empty netter and they broke their sticks. Andy Dittus was one of these players who broke his stick over the crossbar and the other player broke his stick over the bench. Congrats to Central on their win after a hard fought battle.

May I say what poor sportsmanship Minot has. Two of their players were kicked out of the game after Central scored an empty netter and they broke their sticks. Andy Dittus was one of these players who broke his stick over the crossbar and the other player broke his stick over the bench. Congrats to Central on their win after a hard fought battle.

They were not "kickek out" they were given 2- unsportsmanship misconducts. 3-5 powerplay for Central

Devils Lake is a good young hockey team. I thought that South played really well, but Devils Lake did a good job keeping the puck away from the net, and getting men in front of shots. They only lose three or four guys off of this good young team, they'll be back.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....wow the Bruins are deep...amazing... :huh:

Devils Lake is a good young hockey team. I thought that South played really well, but Devils Lake did a good job keeping the puck away from the net, and getting men in front of shots. They only lose three or four guys off of this good young team, they'll be back.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....wow the Bruins are deep...amazing... :huh:

i dont know for sure they will be back. They are moving to the east region next year so....

looks like another all east semifinals o well atleast the west tried.

i dont know for sure they will be back. They are moving to the east region next year so....

looks like another all east semifinals o well atleast the west tried.

I'm in St Paul MN and out of the loop of ND hockey. Why is Devils Lake moving back to the east region?

And where can I get an old-school jersey with the nickname "Satans" on it?

Because I didn't get a chance to view the GFC-Minot tilt, could someone please clarify how Minot players are so unsportsmanlike for hitting the crossbar with their sticks after an ENG? I mean. I've seen that in the WCHA, the NCAA playoffs, the NHL, International competitions.... I always thought it meant the players were frustrated and disappointed?

Or am I wrong and the Minot players actually broke their sticks over a GFC player/coach/mascot/fan/bench?