SiouxSports.com Forum

Jesse Lindenberg

LB#11

Supertrex, are you/were you a Spoiler?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another ex-Spoiler that played for the Sioux was Lee Brodeur.

I hope Supertrex doesn't mind me fielding the question on whether or not he was a Spoiler. Supertrex played hockey until he hit it big as lead singer of the rock group Silver Swan...I believe it was his freshman or sophomore year in high school... therefore he had to put hockey on the backburner. He probably would have been bigger than Freddie Mercury of Queen, but decided to go to UND for an education instead.

Another ex-Spoiler that played for the Sioux was Lee Brodeur.

I hope Supertrex doesn't mind me fielding the question on whether or not he was a Spoiler. Supertrex played hockey until he hit it big as lead singer of the rock group Silver Swan...I believe it was his freshman or sophomore year in high school... therefore he had to put hockey on the backburner. He probably would have been bigger than Freddie Mercury of Queen, but decided to go to UND for an education instead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What year did you guys graduate? I'm from '89 (ol timer, I know). Troy Mears was our class' star player. He played Goalie in Gretna for a while.

What year did you guys graduate?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, I suddenly feel so young ;) I remember watching Brouder at the old arena (wearing Cooper-All's I believe). I used to pretend to be him shooting tennis balls at our garage door . . .

What year did you guys graduate? I'm from '89 (ol timer, I know). Troy Mears was our class' star player. He played Goalie in Gretna for a while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those were the years that we, Spoilers, didn't make the tourny right???

I did not play hockey, but my classmates hold the distinction of winning the State PeeWee and Bantam titles only to lose to PR as seniors in a game that still requires some of them to attend to therapy sessions.

That's quite alright Larry...

Larry was a great player on a great team. He was on the 1978 Spoilers, the first team other than GF Central to win the state title. He should be very, very proud of his memories...I envy him for it, especially when that team gets together to celebrate that monumental achievement.

He's not quite correct about my hockey career. I did not quit. I'm not ashamed to state this: I was not allowed to play my senior year since I did not make the Varsity squad. I played because I loved to play, not because I was good at it. I was much better at other sports...

I came back and deleted the rest of this boring story...In the light of day, it's just not that big a deal and doesn't come off the way I intended...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe Red River won the State title in 1974 and were Co-champions with Central in 1977.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure anymore...I remember the co-champions game but I thought that game occurred after I graduated from high school in 1979...it's all a blur as old age begins to take hold... ;)

I'm not sure anymore...I remember the co-champions game but I thought that game occurred after I graduated from high school in 1979...it's all a blur as old age begins to take hold... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at the game with tnt in 1977.

Well anyway, the trophy never left GF until Grafton took it home in 1978...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at that game with a camera in hand. Have some great b&W snaps of the Grafton boys, including the goaltender, and the team skating around the ice with the championship.

I think that the crowd in the background might include the lead singer of the Silver Swan and his posse . . . .