SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Goal Horn

Fedorov

What do you think of the REA Goal Horn?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the REA Goal Horn?

• It is perfect
    • Turn up the volume
    • Turn down the volume
    • The volume doesn't matter, get a different one

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about that song "Good old Hockey Game" I like that one. I love the goal horn but some games they do it and not others, turn it up get the place rocking along with the band playing. I dont think the Rea would do this but I think Colorado turns the lights off and Has a spotlight on the player that scored.

Me too- but that was a little loud for the people in the bar!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish I could hear the organ period. I didn't hear it at all this past season and I don't think I hear it last year either. Maybe I just missed it. Seems like a waste of a very expensive piece of musical equipment that was put in the arena specifically to be heard. ;)

I wonder if there is any way to get the volume turned up.  I was curious how the results would go with this poll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I asked if there was a way to actually have decent volume in the arena. I was told that they can't for fear of blasting the ears off the old farts walking along the concourse.

I always knew that they would have a great sound system and an organ that could have been ommitted because they'll either never get used or they'll never get used to their potential.

I wish we got to hear the horn more often last year ;)

There is a taste difference between imported (US version) Blue and Molson than the domestic (Canadian version). The domestic is much smoother and the imported seems a little more Heinekin-like (to me). You really can't beat a domestic long neck Blue or Blue Light. This was discovered after turning 18 and driving either one hour to Emerson our two hours to catch a Jets game in Winnepeg. Sometimes both.

To me, the band makes the the college atmoshpere that more "collegey." If I want to hear Guns-N-Roses or Start Me Up, I can go to the dome or plop in a tape in the boombox . . .

I wish we got to hear the horn more often last year ;)

There is a taste difference between imported (US version) Blue and Molson than the domestic (Canadian version).  The domestic is much smoother and the imported seems a little more Heinekin-like (to me).  You really can't beat a domestic long neck Blue or Blue Light.  This was discovered after turning 18 and driving either one hour to Emerson our two hours to catch a Jets game in Winnepeg.  Sometimes both.

To me, the band makes the the college atmoshpere that more "collegey."  If I want to hear Guns-N-Roses or Start Me Up, I can go to the dome or plop in a tape in the boombox . . .

Wow, every year I go up to Canada camping and bring US Blue. Maybe I'll have to pick it up over the border this year....

I agree on the band. That would be my preference.

Wow, every year I go up to Canada camping and bring US Blue.  Maybe I'll have to pick it up over the border this year....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure you bring extra cash. What is a case of Blue in Canada? $50?

Make sure you bring extra cash. What is a case of Blue in Canada? $50?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a "2-4" (a case) is about $500 Canadian, but with the exchange rate, it's not much more than a 2-4 of US brewskis.

There is a definite taste difference between the stuff shipped to the states and the domestic, eh, with my preference for the Canadian version.

I think a "2-4" (a case) is about $500 Canadian, but with the exchange rate, it's not much more than a 2-4 of US brewskis.

I have to admit I'm not a beer connoisseur, I drink MGD, but $500 even Canadian seems like a lot for beer ;) .

I have to admit I'm not a beer connoisseur, I drink MGD, but $500 even Canadian seems like a lot for beer :D .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, $500 is a little off ;) A 2-4 of Canadian beer is only a few bucks more than a case of Bud bottles.

redwing: The song is "Jolene" by Dolly Parton and you're right, it should never be played anywhere but a redneck bar. BTW, remind me never to use you as my "Phone-A-Friend" if the question is about country music when I'm in the Who Wants to be a Millionaire hotseat.

redwing:  The song is "Jolene" by Dolly Parton and you're right, it should never be played anywhere but a redneck bar.  BTW, remind me never to use you as my "Phone-A-Friend" if the question is about country music when I'm in the Who Wants to be a Millionaire hotseat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YaneA. I would be the "Phone-a-Friend" on the country music questions.

I've got a couple of Final Five and Frozen Four photos that will be coming your way, once I figure out some of this technology b.s. No "Phone-A-Friend" on that front.

I always knew that they would have a great sound system and an organ that could have been ommitted because they'll either never get used or they'll never get used to their potential.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the sound system is horrible. ;)

As of September 2004, a 2-4 = case in Rainy River, ON. The last time I was in Winnepeg was about 10 years ago, so the verbage may have changed in that region but has not yet transended into the Rainy River Region. I haven't heard "box" before, but I may be out of touch, eh? ;)

As of September 2004, a 2-4 = case in Rainy River, ON.  The last time I was in Winnepeg was about 10 years ago, so the verbage may have changed in that region but has not yet transended into the Rainy River Region.  I haven't heard "box" before, but I may be out of touch, eh?  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Canadians do call it a "box" of beer.

Yes, Canadians do call it a "box" of beer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, I feel so out of touch. A box it is. There is a wealth of information on this board . . . I will inform the Rainy Riverans in a few weeks about the "box" so they can catch up with the rest of their country's verbage.