SiouxSports.com Forum

Column in the Michigan School Newspaper

RD17

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, did you here the news?!!! The Vikes traded for Hershall Walker! They gave up some draft picks, but man, I smell Super Bowl baby! ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! That is big news. I turned off ESPN though just after they discussed the Final Four. Man, Clyde Drexler, Akeem Olajuwon, Michael Young, Larry Michaux, and company are gonna beat poor North Carolina State by 50 points tonite! Go Phi Slamma Jamma!

Agreed. Final Five > Rose Bowl...

Are you gonna make the Final Five next year? Or just counting on the Frozen Four?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, something is wrong with the water in Grand Forks. Did you even see this past year's Rose Bowl game? You people are on drugs! Be like Nancy Reagan and JUST SAY NO!

Wow! That is big news. I turned off ESPN though just after they discussed the Final Four. Man, Clyde Drexler, Akeem Olajuwon, Michael Young, Larry Michaux, and company are gonna beat poor North Carolina State by 50 points tonite! Go Phi Slamma Jamma!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carolina's over-rated. I'd take Sam Bowie anyday over that Jordan guy.

Wow, something is wrong with the water in Grand Forks. Did you even see this past year's Rose Bowl game? You people are on drugs! Be like Nancy Reagan and JUST SAY NO!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but I'd rather watch 5 playoff hockey games in 3 days...than one game, even if it was as good as this last one...

Oh, and Michigan sucks...... :lol:

Carolina's over-rated. I'd take Sam Bowie anyday over that Jordan guy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hear ya there. Boy, we should be GM's or something. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Ron Kittle of the White Sox and Joe Charboneau of the Indians might as well punch their tickets to Cooperstown right now!

Are you gonna make the Final Five next year?  Or just counting on the Frozen Four?

My playoff plans for next year:

UND first round opponent

WCHA Final Five

NCAA West Regional at the Ralph

Frozen Four in Milwaukee

No school means more money and no school-related conflicts like this year.

You coming with to all of em? :lol:

Here's a copy of the e-mail I just sent to Josh Holman:

April 14, 2005

Dear Josh,

In your April 13 column in the Michigan Daily, you say that one reason you left North Dakota was because you wanted to experience athletics at a big-time Division I school. At the University of Michigan, you got exactly what you wanted. Congratulations.

Your memories of marching band and the wonderful times you had as a sportswriter will stay with you the rest of your life. I sincerely hope that those experiences take you far in life. I applaud you for making the most of your time at Michigan. Good luck on whatever career you choose to pursue after graduation.

I understand your pride in Michigan athletics. Your school has a long history as a powerhouse in Division I sports and has established many fine traditions along the way. As someone who doesn't pay much attention to Division I football or basketball, even I recognize that Michigan is consistently among the top schools in the nation at the highest level of college athletics.

It should go without saying that the University of North Dakota can't compete with Michigan in any sport other than hockey. However, you not only feel the need to say it, you feel compelled to rub North Dakotans

IMO the Big House vs OSU would be the best. I've seen games at Neb, Wisco, and Fla and my fav was Fla, but I'm a huge Gator fan. Neb is awesome because of all the fans and everyone just loves the Huskers and Wisco is great because of the students and the bars afterward. The atmosphere at these games is like UM-UND times x 5. Although I still love making that seeries any chance I can!

Given a choice of any sporting event I could go to it would prob. be the Masters though!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GO GATORS!

PCM, you may have been wasting your time with this loser. He actually wrote back to me and revealed he was from Fargo. Given that he isn't that interested in hockey I am willing to bet he grew up an NDSU fan in which case Michigan must truly seem like a vast improvement and their was no hope for him anyway. :lol:

PCM. Nice letter. I sent feedback on his article yesterday and it has still not been posted to his column. My letter had a respectful tone and called him on his thesis that he is somehow happier with his choice of schools than I was with mine...and I also pointed out that his comments regarding Mr. Englestad were unprofessional since there is a difference between a collector of memoribilia and a "sympathizer"...

Anyway, your letter was great, but don't hold your breath waiting for a response.

PCM. Nice letter. I sent feedback on his article yesterday and it has still not been posted to his column.  My letter had a respectful tone and called him on his thesis that he is somehow happier with his choice of schools than I was with mine...and I also pointed out that his comments regarding Mr. Englestad were unprofessional since there is a difference between a collector of memoribilia and a "sympathizer"...

Anyway, your letter was great, but don't hold your breath waiting for a response.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good letter. I wrote a similar one that was in good taste. He responded to me that he hadn't received any as nice as mine as of yet...I can only imagine the wrath of angry North Dakotans on him... I forwarded his article to as many Nodaks and/or UND alumni as I could think of, I would imagine most of you guys and girls have done the same, if not, DO IT! Nothing like a grass roots campaign.

First of all, I'd like to defend Mr. Joshua Q. Holman. I know the kid quite well, and he's not quite the satanist you message board nerds make him out to be.

Second of all, if you would rather be at braly stadium in december than the rose bowl in jan, you are an idiot.

If you would rather be at the Betty for an NCC basketball tournament than the United Center for the Big Ten tourney, you are an idiot.

If you think UND has athletic tradition that even compares to Michigan's in any sport other than hockey, you are an idiot.

Michigan has the NBA, NHL, NFL and Major League Baseball; North Dakota has the Northern League.

Quit kidding yourselves guys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone that would come on here and defend himself under an alias, is an idiot.......