SiouxSports.com Forum

BADGERS vs SIOUX.

Tommiejo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well up comming weekend if you ask me is going to a wild weekend when the BADGERS vs the SIOUX.  I would like to know what the pannel of experts think of this up comming series?  I say the SIOUX will sweep.  What do you think?

Gater,

Here is what I see. The bagders will come in and try to slow down the Sioux, face it not many teams are going to be able to keep up with UND's Speed (teams like C.C. Denver UM are probably the few teams that can) They are going to clutch grab and hold, it is going to be brutal hockey. Our luck we will get Don Adam and he won't call the hooking and holding. Its going to look more like All Star wrestling than hockey.

Wisconsin has two great goalies and on of them will play on top of its head one game. I still think UND will be the winner but it will be a hard fought series. Wisconsin is a horrible team this season but I don't think that mattters when they are playing the Sioux. I woujld also lke to see this class of freshman/sophmores to have a winning record against the dirty Badgers. Unlike the past senior classes.

Badgers we don't need no stinking Badgers...

Its also time for UND to take its pound of flesh...

Hopefully Archhibald's spirit will enhance the Sioux's ability to handle WI this weekend. I just wonder if when Archie sees all that red during his HOF induction if he just won't blow another gasket. Wish I could be there. :D

Dagies, I think you ought to come up, they announced last night that tickets for all remaining games are up for sale if you know what I mean. The arena had quite a few available seats this past weekend.

Ticketmaster shows nothing available for the Wisco series. However, I could have purchased tickets for later series today, including the CC series in January. Don't know why the policy of ticket sales Thursday before the series changed?:D?

Diggler, I had the same problem. The day that leftover tickets went on sale to the public in September, I bought my mom tickets to 3 home series. They told me Wisconsin was sold out, so I got her tickets to Duluth instead. Then last night they announce there are still tickets available? :D I was a little miffed when I heard that.

Maybe they might have miss spoken then. I was kind of shocked when I heard that since UofW and UND series always seem to sell out, maybe they don't count all of the students picking up their tickets this up coming weekend.

This is true. Duluth should be a good series. We don't play them till March, so both teams should really only be getting better. Besides, I'm getting my tonsils out this Wednesday, so I'll probably end up missing the Wisconsin series anyway. I'm more miffed about that than my parents missing the games. :D

Has anyone watched the Badgers on tv (642) this season? We've tried to watch a few games this season, but haven't caught too many . (And truth to tell, the new announcer they have for Wisc. is so "enthusiastic", I have a hard time watching/listening to the game - I swear the guy downs 2 cans of jolt before they go on air - but in his defense - he loves his badgers and, well, he's got energy...). Were the games against Duluth on this past weekend? How are their goalies playing? Usually, even if everything else is "suffering" their goal tending is solid. Is that the case this year too?

I'm sure it was sold out at some other time and some seats opened up (seems to happen often with ticketbastard). Anyway forecheck, it is looking like the duluth series will be even better than wisconsin.

Maybe they are going to sell all the seats they have ropped off in the student's section. I think that is the biggest waste of money and space.

I was sick of seeing all these other threads at the top of the page. We're playing WISCONSIN this weekend. Where is all the passion for Sioux hockey? Where is all of the hatred of the Badgers? Come on people. Who cares about the Brooks/Foss fiasco anyway? That should be more of an issue in MSP where they are scrambling as to why one of "their own" would turn on them.

My heart says (like every week) the Sioux will sweep. With the ZP line getting slowed down the past couple weeks, this should be a break out series for them. Quinn has been getting so many chances that he has to cash them in at some point. The Sioux also have been able to put 4 solid lines on the ice, so concentrating on the ZP line is not necessarily the way to beat this Sioux team.

Goalies looked 'better' last weekend. Still not too confident in either of them. Siembida had his eyes checked last week, with everything checking out fine. Maybe they need to see a psychologist or something, though nothing does more for the confidence than WINS.

Defense looks good. What a weekend it would be for one of them to go Commie on a Wisco player, especially with Archie in town. Should be tremendous. Only 52 hours until the puck drops.

Go Sioux!

I'm wondering if they should allow Greene any unsupervised access to Archie this weekend.

Wisconsin's defense seems a bit suspect right now. They are often giving up 4-5 goals a game. Their O is only putting up 2-3 for the most part. I would bet they are coming on as they learn to play for a new coach.

However, the Sioux need to sweep this series at home. They should be the better team, more established in their system, playing at home, have built the confidence that success to this point affords them, etc.

The Badgers seem to be trying to find out who they are right now.

Goaltending: Badgers

Bruckler was tough on the Sioux last year. Is Kabatoff still playing?

Special Teams: ?

Don't know enough to comment

Defense: Sioux

Sioux defense is pretty dang good so far this year. Young Badger offense will have some trouble and will need to take advantage of their few opportunities.

Offense: Sioux

It will be interesting to see if Parise can break out of his scoring "slump" :angry: this weekend. But I think the team is showing the ability to score some goals and as long as we can get a few more opportunities past the netminder than we did last weekend we will be ok.

Coaching: Sioux

Eaves may prove to be Blais equal but still establishing himself so time will tell if he can be on an equal status.

Intangibles: Sioux

Sioux have confidence, and home ice. Badgers still learning a new system and probably aren't bringing the same level of talent that the Sioux currently possesses. Archibald pre-game speech builds a frenzy not seen in a Sioux locker room since 1985.

Sioux win Friday 4-3

Sioux win Sat 6-2

I typically don't paste things from other boards, but I thought I would share the following, not to stir controversy or take shots at it, but just as a reminder that the early 80's rivalry still lives on in the hearts of Wisconsin fans as well. This is from the badger (small b) board:

--------------------------------------------------------

first of all, i grew up in milwaukee, which was not the hotbed of hockey in the 70's and 80's. but i read about the badgers whenever the milwaukee journal had a small space to print an article about my beloved badgers.

so my first recollection of seeing/hearing about them was in 1981 when they became the back door badgers. my dad mentioned the article about how UW got in the playoffs and had a chance to win it.

so in 1981-1982, i dedicated myself to being a bigger hockey fan. And that year, when we went to the final, they showed it live on regular tv for the final game ( a local station carried it). man, was I stoked!!! a chance to see the badgers with "badger BOB" (God rest his soul) win the title!!!

and then it happened......

those ba$tards from the sheep fields open my chest, ripped out my heart and stomped on it. I'll never forgive and I'll never forget what they did to my beloved UW that year.

so, this week, I gaze upon the schedule chart posted in my office and see we play them this week. 2 games at their palace that a construction/gambler mogul built for them with his own money.And I see RED, not just RED, but a cardinal red, and it blots it the green that is clouding my thinking, disturbing my judgement, causing an imbalance in my every waking moment this week;

and I just have to implore Mike Eaves and the gang to win 4 points this weekend. not just for the standings , but for that liitle kid in me who had his hopes dimnished by those scoundrels from the west.

so you see, this week is a torment for me.

mondaytuesdaywednesdaythursday (swimmnight for the girls) and finally 6am -2pm work on friday. a nice fish fry friday night,and then it all comes loose at 7:00pm

so when others talk about the "rivalery" with the goofers from minnesota, i just chuckle. For i know the only rivals i have are the little green men from the west. and losing to them is not an option.

Good Wisco post; I feel much the same way about Wisco winning it (1983) in the REA and the Sioux overlooked to play in the tourney. Still don't understand what happened there (Duluth being selected over the Sioux???).

Funny that GF are the "sheep fields" if you're in Wisco, western ND the "sheep fields" if you're in GF (as GF players like to use a variety of sheep comments on the ice when playing western ND kids), and western ND kids calling MT the sheep fields. Get west of there and you enter the fruit and nut factory :angry: