SiouxSports.com Forum

women's soccer

UND92,96

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Bennet resigned the March 23. Does anyone know if they have started to the process. I'm curious to know if they are waiting for a new AD or going forward. It just seems that either its quite tight lipped or they are dragging there feet.

Anyone know?

UND Soccer could have success on the national stage. But they need some stability and a good coach soon!

• 1 month later...

Everything has been quite for a while, has anyone heard anything? Brock Thompson was at the High School State tournament, at it was rumored he was interviewing around the same time. It just seems like we should have a coach by now. Is Jen Cilz (current assistant) being considered?

Any news at this point would be good news.

Cilz has done a great job with the coaching transitions over the past couple of years, I just wonder what they are waiting for. I'm sure if she interested it's driving her crazy not knowing and still holding the pieces together. Tim Bennet resigned on March 23, that means we are going on three months. It seems weird to me that its taking that long.

I wish we knew what was going on.

Cilz has done a great job with the coaching transitions over the past couple of years, I just wonder what they are waiting for.  I'm sure if she interested it's driving her crazy not knowing and still holding the pieces together.  Tim Bennet resigned on March 23, that means we are going on three months.  It seems weird to me that its taking that long.

I wish we knew what was going on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like The Sicatoka said, Roger Thomas resigned Feb 18. The athletic director job is to hire new coaches without one it is hard to hire a new coach.

I could be completely wrong and falsely getting some folks' hopes up, but Cilz just signed three ladies to NLIs. She appears to be running the program during this period without a formally named head coach.

No head coach will be named until Mr. (Colonel?) Buning takes office in two weeks. Patience. Buning knows soccer and other practices start just a month after he takes office. He knows there are puzzle pieces that have to be put in place quickly, smoothly and efficiently. (There always are whenever anyone starts a new job.)

But someone has been taking care of business and controlling what she can control during the interim. That's the hallmark of Sioux Athletics and coaches. And that is a very positive mark in my book for Ms. Cilz.

I believe how the position is posted is key: "BS required, MS preferred", "MS preferred but not required", "BS required", "MS required".

I'm not sure there's a hard and fast requirement for a head coach to have a certain degree.

She would have to be the youngest coach in NCAA history I would think? 23 or 24 years old. Hopefully she gets the job, gets the program to the highest level and sticks around to continue that. Although, you would think if she does a good job she will get offers from larger schools.

BREAKING NEWS

Brock Thompson named women's soccer coach. This is a great hire. He will do a great job and if he's coming back to ND I think he's commited to staying for a while.

I have had the pleasure of attending a coaching clinic he was a clinician at, at he is first class. Give this guy some time and he will produce even bigger results.

Welcome coach, I'm glad to have you back up north. You have my support!

BREAKING NEWS

Brock Thompson named women's soccer coach.  This is a great hire.  He will do a great job and if he's coming back to ND I think he's commited to staying for a while. 

I have had the pleasure of attending a coaching clinic he was a clinician at, at he is first class.  Give this guy some time and he will produce even bigger results.

Welcome coach, I'm glad to have you back up north.  You have my support!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Appears to be an outstanding choice!

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic! Now if the Athletic Department can finally keep a coach around longer than 2 seasons they might be able to really take it somehwere. Five coaches in seven seasons is not good by any standard.

Where are the UNO and Mankato games this season? Those matches will definitely be worth watching.

My gut feelings says that he will stay for awhile, but he is a talented young coach who will be sought after. He cares about N.D. and I think you will see him see his first recruiting class through.

Looking at the schedule it appears that the NCC has gone to home and away in the same year. It means as fans we will get to see some great soccer, I'm curious what the NCC coaches think about beating up on each other twice a year.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure they have mixed feelings about the double round robin format but it was probably getting pretty close to impossible to any more in-region games. Especially late in the year.

One of the other conferences in the region, the one in Missouri, already plays a double round-robin so that eliminates some pretty good teams from being on your schedule late in the year. Doesn't the Northern Sun also do the same now too?

I think they also may have found that the end-of-season Conference tournament may have been hurting NCC teams more than it was helping them.

Seeing as how DII is based so much on regional play I would think that the double round robin would be a good thing. Sure beats playing DIII or NAIA schools.

• 3 weeks later...