SiouxSports.com Forum

Bennet Brien - Go give a brother a hand up!

gfNDfan

Lots of views - lots of cheapskates apparently!  The fund is legit and he's only looking for 10k.  Where are all the strident SIOUX FOREVER fans?   This guy gave you something of worth - conjured from his own creative talents of creativity and an artists talent.  It was THE LOGO in college hockey for it's run!   No gratitude for that?    

16 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Lots of views - lots of cheapskates apparently!  The fund is legit and he's only looking for 10k.  Where are all the strident SIOUX FOREVER fans?   This guy gave you something of worth - conjured from his own creative talents of creativity and an artists talent.  It was THE LOGO in college hockey for it's run!   No gratitude for that?    

Don't be rude it's not necessary!  People will give and have already.  

• Upvote 3

On 5/12/2024 at 4:11 PM, Clark17 said:

Don't be rude it's not necessary!  People will give and have already.  

HAVE THEY?   There's a difference between being "rude" and giving people a kick in the ass to do something!   I made a modest contribution and then thought to spread the word.  He lived across the street from me in North GF for many years and was a great guy to hang around with.   That was my motivation...what's yours? 

I'd guess patience (and probably NOT contributing?)  But maybe you're one of the many that wear that logo on a jersey or shirt while beating your "SIOUX FOREVER" mantra - do you do that?   Well then KICK IN some money for the artist that designed it!   This isn't about the nickname - it's about the artist that designed an incredibly noble and proud representation of that logo in a time when any representation was in question.   Bennet supplied his version and for that we ALL should be grateful...and willing to pay it forward in his time of need. 

3 hours ago, Green Banner said:

UND should give him what he deserves for designing the logo. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he only get paid a initial design fee and never saw any money after the logo went to UND

He was paid per design and they asked him to possibly do like three or four designs. But they liked the first one. And paid him for that one.  Because they didn't need any more.

Moral of the story: don't do good work the first go round....or have the contract state you'll present them all at once.

On 5/13/2024 at 11:53 PM, gfNDfan said:

HAVE THEY?   There's a difference between being "rude" and giving people a kick in the ass to do something!   I made a modest contribution and then thought to spread the word.  He lived across the street from me in North GF for many years and was a great guy to hang around with.   That was my motivation...what's yours? 

I'd guess patience (and probably NOT contributing?)  But maybe you're one of the many that wear that logo on a jersey or shirt while beating your "SIOUX FOREVER" mantra - do you do that?   Well then KICK IN some money for the artist that designed it!   This isn't about the nickname - it's about the artist that designed an incredibly noble and proud representation of that logo in a time when any representation was in question.   Bennet supplied his version and for that we ALL should be grateful...and willing to pay it forward in his time of need. 

I did and no, I don't own any UND apparel actually, FnHawks or Sioux.   I do have a Sioux golf ball marker if that counts.