SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Coverage

Let'sGoHawks!

NCAA Hockey Coverage

There won't be any of the "B" announcers for college hockey this year.  Bill Clement and Gary Thorne for the Sioux games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ever happened to that blowhard, Jack Edwards? With the company line forever spewing out of his mouth, I would have thought he'd be a lock for these kinds of tourneys... especially in the Worchester or Amherst regionals.

NCAA Hockey Coverage

There won't be any of the "B" announcers for college hockey this year.  Bill Clement and Gary Thorne for the Sioux games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those guys are awesome to listen to, they are the best duo for NHL games. It will be soooo refreshing not to have to listen to the Wooger and mop head for once. Go Sioux

Clement grew up right across the Ottawa River from me and I played some youth hockey against both him and Larry Robinson. Guess I finally gave my age away. He is a great analyst and I think he will appreciate the Sioux style of play. He might even see a bit of his former self in Rory McMahon. The good old NCAA newsclip has Barry Melmose vice Melrose doing the Amherst series. :lol:

Gary Thorne is the best hockey announcer PERIOD. No one even comes close....

I sure hope you mean south of the border. I'm partial to Bob Cole (CBC HNIC), Chris Cuthbert (formerly of CBC HNIC) and Paul Romaniuk (formerly of TSN).

I would definitely agree that Thorne, while a little too easily excitable at times, is far and away the best of the ESPN play-by-play bunch.

Since the games are not on ESPN or ESPN2, are any of the local stations in Fargo or Grand Forks going to pick up the regional games? If not, are there any bars in either town that are going to televise the games on satellite or on ESPN's other channel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any bar that has DirecTV is going to be able to broadcast the channel.

I complimented the area operations manager for a carrying the games last year. I made my comments at a large public gathering a few weeks back and I know he appreciated the support. Hopefully he will be in our corner on this and will get it done if enough of us ask...

I complimented the area operations manager for a carrying the games last year. I made my comments at a large public gathering a few weeks back and I know he appreciated the support. Hopefully he will be in our corner on this and will get it done if enough of us ask...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well buy him a couple of large pizza's if that is what it will take :0

Since the games are not on ESPN or ESPN2, are any of the local stations in Fargo or Grand Forks going to pick up the regional games? If not, are there any bars in either town that are going to televise the games on satellite or on ESPN's other channel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you didn't see the other thread...I just talked to Cableone and FSN (ch.33 in Fargo) will be airing both 1st round games from the Worcester regional. As well as (obviously) the Gopher-Maine game, DU-BSU game and the East regional championship. (And some more games, but I couldn't write fast enough :0:) )

edit...CVCL beat me to it.

I called Cableone.  FSN is showing both  :0 the UND games and the Minny games as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank goodness!! :)

I was beginning to think I was getting screwed by having DishNetwork. (I suppose those with DirecTV were screwed last year during the Victory debacle, but I need my NCAA Hockey fix!)

Here's the FSN MN and Wisco (alternate) TV schedule (borrowed from GPL, thanks):

MN Network

March 25

3:30 PM - Boston College vs. Mercyhurst (East)

7:00 PM - Boston University vs. North Dakota (East)

March 26

11 AM - Bemidji State vs. Denver (Northeast)

1:30 PM - Maine vs. Minnesota (West)

4:00 PM - Midwest Final

7:00 PM - East Final

March 27

11 AM - Northeast Final

11 PM (tape) West Final

First two games on March 26 will only be available in the Twin Cities

(out-state Minnesota will see the Twins).

**West Final will be LIVE in Twin Cities on KSTC (Channel 45) and TD on

FSN-MN.

-------------------

The Wisconsin network, for those with a dish, is more straight forward.

WI NETWORK

March 25

4:00 PM - Colorado College vs. Colgate (Midwest)

7:30 PM - Wisconsin vs. Michigan (Midwest)

March 26

11 AM - Bemidji State vs. Denver (Northeast)

1:30 PM - Maine vs. Minnesota (West)

4:00 PM - Midwest Final

7:00 PM - East Final

March 27

11 AM - Northeast Final

2:30 PM - West Final

Thank goodness!! :)

I was beginning to think I was getting screwed by having DishNetwork. (I suppose those with DirecTV were screwed last year during the Victory debacle, but I need my NCAA Hockey fix!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I remember correctly, the DirecTV people (me) had it nice last year, because the east coast stations put on the games that Victory was carrying. It was just that they were on tape delay.

I know I watched the Sioux live, but can't remember if they were the ones being covered by Victory.