SiouxSports.com Forum

Robbie Bina

Smoggy

Ever since Robbie walked on to the Sioux and played his first game I knew he was something special. I don't know Bina personally and I doubt he's ever heard a word I've ever posted. However, I feel that Robbie is an inspiration to the team. Sometimes he reminds me of my very favorite defenseman of all time, Vladimir Konstantinov, who himself sufferred a terrible accident. Vladimir, like Robbie, would take on any and all comers. Even dumWoog and Masucko mentioned during the UW game that he was hitting 4+ inches bigger than his size indicated.

I'll always advocate for Robbie. He's brought so much to the ice for the Sioux. And I'm positive he'll bring something to the Sioux for the remainder of the season: inspiration. Travis Zajac said they played the rest of the game for Robbie. I think the rest of the season will be for Robbie.

Get well, Robbie. We'll see you next season.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from a reliable source Robbie has a broken 7th vertebrate (sp).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If true he will never play hockey again ??? I also heard this from a fairly reliable source - he will have to have his vertebrate fused together, but should have no paralysis. The good news is he can recover and live a normal life. The bad news is playing hockey will not be a part of his life.

I hope Paukavich learns from this, if he has any conscious the knowledge of what he did is the worse punishment he can get.

If there is someone to blame I put it more on the refs - as mentioned before this was not the first hit from behind into the boards. The play was getting dangerous and the refs were losing control. Also it was competely classless for Gowzdecky to play Paukavich after the hit. He should have sat the rest of the game - it was a very blatent hit from behind.

If there is someone to blame I put it more on the refs - as mentioned before this was not the first hit from behind into the boards.  The play was getting dangerous and the refs were losing control.  Also it was competely classless for Gowzdecky to play Paukavich after the hit.  He should have sat the rest of the game - it was a very blatent hit from behind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely! That Adams was out reffing again this weekend and we now likely have a career ending injury for a repeat lack of officiating falls squarely on the shoulders of both the chief of officials and the league. At the very least it should be the end of Shepard's tenure and I believe Bina could have grounds for pursuing financial compensation.

Tough news for a great kid. I can speak for all the people around me in sec. 306.

We loved watching you surprise others with your abilities on the ice.... surprise us again. We pray for a full recovery. A couple of people have drawn some comparison to the Bertuzzi incident, and I agree with most of it. But, he at least showed that he felt guilty for what he had done. I don't see that at all with punkovitch! Man Robbie has earned a special spot in our hearts.

I hope Paukavich gets his a** kicked tonight from someone. Break something in his body and see how he likes that. Some should destroy his knee or something that would not allow him to play ever again. I hope Adams feels really bad to since he made a horse crap call. Get well soon Bina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well for that to happen someone will have to kick his ass in the stands. He is suspended for tonights game from what the paper wrote this morning.

Shepherd comment; Adam can't see everything, but one of the AR's should have seen it and changed the call. Once again, protect your incompotent friend, blame the ar's. What else is new. College hockey will not change with this moron at the helm.

Shepherd comment; Adam can't see everything...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To quote Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, that's pure bovine scatolgy. I watched the replay in slow-motion, stop-action. Adam is looking directly up the boards right at the play when Bina got crunched from behind.

Adam is looking directly up the boards right at the play when Bina got crunched from behind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is what really irritates me is that Shepherd is saying that Adam might not have seen it at the correct angle? How much closer could the guy have been to see the hit. Just come out and say you messed up, but that would never happen.

Shepherd comment; Adam can't see everything, but one of the AR's should have seen it and changed the call. Once again, protect your incompotent friend, blame the ar's. What else is new. College hockey will not change with this moron at the helm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First let me say Get Well Robbie!!!!!!

Second if Shepherd would like, I would be happy to invite him over and show him on my Tivo frame BY frame how Donny is looking at the hit the whole time!!!