SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday Afternoon VS Denver

NDFAN

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard a comment from Growzdecky?  It seems to me that he would at least wish Robbie well, but he's been mum from what I can find.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been thinking the same thing. Perhaps he is a bigger troll than any of us ever imagined.

A quick question, not trying to take anything away from what Paukowich (sp?) did, but how much of the injury was exacerbated after his collision on Thurs nights game? After watching that hit I was concerned for his health.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a good question. Woog said yesterday that Bina was banged up during the Wisconsin game and that Hakstol considered not dressing him against Denver. That being said, after watching the replay of the hit, even if Bina had been in perfect shape, I believe the end result would have been the same.

Bench minor to the Sioux fan sitting behing me who felt it necessary to tell me that I wouldn't call Paukovich a "cheap ass" player if he was standing in front of me (when I yelled at him to sit his cheap ass down).  Duh.  And I'm not bigger than Paukovich either, but I could be.  But neither of those things was happening, so STFU.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's you.

As for me, I don't care how big he is, I'd tell him what I thought, in no short order. This is the reason for a small incident between the Minnesota band and me on Saturday...

I just have to say, it is clear to me, the Denver Pioneers have taken the title from Wisconsin as the dirtiest team in the league. I'm sure others noticed the subtle but effective leg sweep by the DU player on the Sioux D-man leaving Gauthier all alone in the slot to bury the game winner. One other note, the e mail address for Greg Shepherd from the league website is incorrect. I tried to email him after the last DU series, and it was returned as undeliverable. The clutching, the grabbing, the mugging...

And Paukovich, someday you will get yours.

I just have to say, it is clear to me, the Denver Pioneers have taken the title from Wisconsin as the dirtiest team in the league.  I'm sure others noticed the subtle but effective leg sweep by the DU player on the Sioux D-man leaving Gauthier all alone in the slot to bury the game winner.  One other note, the e mail address for Greg Shepherd from the league website is incorrect.  I tried to email him after the last DU series, and it was returned as undeliverable.  The clutching, the grabbing, the mugging...

And Paukovich, someday you will get yours.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't run frequent picks to let a guy get a wide open shot without it being coached. On the other hand, if it continues to work with the WCHA officials, why not continue to do it. Denver ran picks that led to goals both nights at the REA, sending one of their forwards in alone to score. And we wonder why Denver was able to score so quickly after the Sioux scored.

You don't run frequent picks to let a guy get a wide open shot without it being coached. On the other hand, if it continues to work with the WCHA officials, why not continue to do  it. Denver ran picks that led to goals both nights at the REA, sending one of their forwards in alone to score. And we wonder why Denver was able to score so quickly after the Sioux scored.

Sprig, you've mentioned a couple of times why you don't like Gwozdecky and I have no issue with your reasons. I agree with the point above. Regardless of what Gwoz coaches, if he's coaching the guys to do certain things, and penalties are not being called, why not keep coaching it?

I'm not saying anyone has to like it though.

Sprig, you've mentioned a couple of times why you don't like Gwozdecky and I have no issue with your reasons. I agree with the point above. Regardless of what Gwoz coaches, if he's coaching the guys to do certain things, and penalties are not being called, why not keep coaching it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right, it gets them goals and wins, so why not. Running someone from behind, now that's another story, not that I'd suggest that's being coached.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right, it gets them goals and wins, so why not. Running someone from behind, now that's another story, not that I'd suggest that's being coached.

But the real reason I don't like Gwoz is that tackling team of two years ago. That was ugly hockey, but again, if you can do it and there are seldom if ever calls, everyone may as well do it, and it will truly be the WWF.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I don't want to clog up the Robbie Bina thread with this question that isn't based in wishing him well.

What I'd like to know is: How does this surgury affect his ability to turn his head in the long run?

Is he truly done with the sport of hockey?