SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday Afternoon VS Denver

NDFAN

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this game be on FSN locally in the cities? I have to wheel a TV here into the office to catch it...Damn it!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES it's on FSN (along with tonite's CC/Goph, tomorrow afternoon's 3rd place and tomorrow night's championship) and on 660 am if the Sioux web cast crashes.

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

drop the puck, sounds and looked like tons of sioux fans last night...wish i was at the games as well....

4-3 sioux win..........

spirko, fabian, zajac, stafford..............

I would guess that Fabian would move up to 3rd line and Bina would play with Massen and Canady.

Judging from Hakstol's post-game quotes about the Fabian-Canady-Massen line, I can't see him breaking it up.

I'm thinking that Bina will play forward with Fylling and Porter. Either a sixth defenseman will dress or Hak will continue rotating five as he did last night.

I've been viewing the posts between meetings yesterday and today. It is indeed a great day to be a Sioux fan!!

Got to watch the game last night on the tube at home. It's not often I can watch a Sioux game here. Always a great experience. Although nothing can beat the experience of a live game. I envy those of you who are in the Twin Cities. ENJOY!! (Not that you need an excuse to have a cold one and you don't know me, but hey... have a drink for me will ya...)

I'll be at the CCHA Super Six the rest of the weekend so I have to tape the games for the rest of the Final Five. But I will be wearing my BLACK Fighting Sioux jersey tonight at the Joe representing the best team in D1 hockey. I look forward to the many smart ass remarks I'll get from other team's fans.

I feel good about the Sioux's chances this afternoon. Denver is by no means invincible... Hopefully they'll annouce the scores from the WCHA games at tonight's CCHA games. If and when they do and they announce that the Sioux beat the Pios everyone will know I'm there.

Go Fighting Sioux!!!

Man how sweet would tailgating in the snowstorm be at noon outside the X getting ready for the Sioux game today!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know about you but I don't see any snow coming down right now and I am just north in Lino Lakes. Maybe I need to change my lenses on my glasses.

Judging from Hakstol's post-game quotes about the Fabian-Canady-Massen line, I can't see him breaking it up.

I'm thinking that Bina will play forward with Fylling and Porter. Either a sixth defenseman will dress or Hak will continue rotating five as he did last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any reason the Sioux can't try Kyle at Forward today? I like Bina's play on the power play at Defense, and I think he is really playing well right now on Defense.

I don't know about you but I don't see any snow coming down right now and I am just north in Lino Lakes. Maybe I need to change my lenses on my glasses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get to the southern metro, it is snowing like crazy down here (Apple Valley). And I would assume it is snowing at the X too. The southern metro I think is supposed to get about 10 inches. Anyone want to snowmobile to the X with me??? :D

I will be at the game, just wish I had my new camera (fricken UPS is pissing me off now)

1) We have to a much better job of breaking out of our zone and creating offense off it this afternoon. If Denver gets the time of possession that we let Wisconsin have last night it will be over real quick.

2) Where has Radke been lately. I thought he was supposed to be one of our best young blue line players but I haven't heard his name mentioned during a game in a long, long time.

3) During one of the period breaks last night the Commisioner of the WCHA said that there is an agreement between the WCHA and CCHA about joint telecasts this weekend. Will we be picking up not only the WCHA games but also CCHA games on FSN today and tomorrow?

DG

The MSU/OSU game will be joined in progress after the Pioneers/Sioux game and the UM/UAF game will be on for 30 minutes until the Gophers/Tigers game starts. Tommorow I believe we'll get an hour of the CCHA championship game before the WCHA championship game starts.

I've been viewing the posts between meetings yesterday and today.  It is indeed a great day to be a Sioux fan!!

Got to watch the game last night on the tube at home.  It's not often I can watch a Sioux game here.  Always a great experience.  Although nothing can beat the experience of a live game.  I envy those of you who are in the Twin Cities.  ENJOY!!  (Not that you need an excuse to have a cold one and you don't know me,  but hey...  have a drink for me will ya...)

I'll be at the CCHA Super Six the rest of the weekend so I have to tape the games for the rest of the Final Five.  But I will be wearing my BLACK Fighting Sioux jersey tonight at the Joe representing the best team in D1 hockey.  I look forward to the many smart ass remarks I'll get from other team's fans.

I feel good about the Sioux's chances this afternoon.  Denver is by no means invincible...  Hopefully they'll annouce the scores from the WCHA games at tonight's CCHA games.  If and when they do and they announce that the Sioux beat the Pios everyone will know I'm there.

Go Fighting Sioux!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great post! Love the excitement!

Keep it up!

GO SIOUX!

The Pies were without Larsen and Ulanski last weekend due to injuries.  Does anyone know if they are minus these two players again this weekend?  It could be a factor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Based on what's been posted on USCHO's Fan Forum, it sounds like Ulanski will be out for the game against UND. I haven't seen any mention of Larsen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I know I will, even tho I am pulling for Denver...come by and root for your team!

WPoS

The snow is picking up on a Friday afternoon as people make their way to the Ex for the greatest of all college tournaments.

We are lucky enough to again be loading a car for a trip downtown and hanging with large rafts of solid fans . . . . Yes, from all the teams, especially the Worthless One, WPoS. You are a great fan, although I am wildly disappointed to hear you say that you are cheering for Denver. You must be confident that your squad, shakey as it may be these days, will be taking the Tigers tonight. This means that you would rather see a Gopher-Denver game Saturday night than you would a potential classic rematch of last year's game.

This makes no sense to me. Why would you not want to see your team play one of its most feared rivals in front of 18,000? Why would you possibly want to see them play the Pioneers instead?

This is solid proof that you not only wildly respect the Sioux, but that you also fear the Sioux, and that, in your deepest corner, you envy the Sioux. And our great fans.

I suppose that if we all were honest with ourselves, we all would love to see either BOTH the Sioux and the Gophers to win today, or BOTH the Sioux and the Gophers to lose today. Right PCM? Set up the big clash tomorrow, even though it is for nothing other than momentary barking rights, and maybe The Trophy. Sioux-Gophers. Doesn't get much better.

WPoS, I will have youngsters under 13 in tow so I will not be able to do the Beerdarts tailgate, although I agree, today will be a great day at the Magic Store. Besides, I worry that you guys want to beat me up, and I would hate to have you folks bear the humiliation of finding that you had failed miserably in your efforts.

Everyone have fun today and tonight. As PCM speaks for me, I believe him when he says that this is going to be a special weekend.

Already is. Nothing can change that now. Sioux-Gophers tomorrow afternoon. Or tomorrow night.

This said, if the Sioux win this afternoon, there is still no way that my crowd will ever cheer the Gophers. Not tonight. Not ever.

Go Sioux. Genoway driving the Bus.

This is one of those days that I love having a desk job. Not too much pressure on me today, and I get to listen to the big game (Assuming the feed works).

Here's hoping that Fabian-Canady-Massen pot another one today.

Go Sioux!