SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Trip to the Hoggsbreath

MafiaMan

Welp, it was mentioned a few times to me during the Miami game earlier tonight (or last night as the case may be now), so I guess the question should be asked…

The annual Hoggsbreath event has happened since 2001 save for the Covid year of 2020.  Whaddya think, next Saturday in Little Canada, MN, like always?  Thinking 10:30 am for the folks wanting to hit the Wild game…please respond here if you will make it.  I’ll decide by Thursday night if it’ll happen!  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Welp, 86 the Hoggsbreath this year.  It was a fun run, wasn’t it? 

That's a bummer man.  I remember having fun at the couple I went to.  Good group of people talking Sioux hockey!

Just now, MafiaMan said:

I will consider the swan song next March, we’ll see how it shakes out.

Me and any of my kids who aren't in school or working will be there!  I'll tell some stories about the 2000 Frozen Four in Providence. ;)

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Me and any of my kids who aren't in school or working will be there!  I'll tell some stories about the 2000 Frozen Four in Providence. ;)

To be honest, I’m kind of relieved that I don’t have to crawl out of bed at 8 am to get to the Hogg by 10 am after another sad-sack showing by the team in this tournament.  2010, 2011, and 2012 seem like forever ago…

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

To be honest, I’m kind of relieved that I don’t have to crawl out of bed at 8 am to get to the Hogg by 10 am after another sad-sack showing by the team in this tournament.  2010, 2011, and 2012 seem like forever ago…

Crappy part about every Hogg event I attended was it was always after a loss and people were in a bad mood.

Still a good time though.  And meeting an individual like Sprig was fantastic.  Wish the X hadn't given my kid food poisoning last year.  One last go around would have been fun. 

On 3/23/2024 at 12:33 AM, MafiaMan said:

I will consider the swan song next March, we’ll see how it shakes out.

If, and that's a big if, this year's team reaches the Frozen Four, will you put on a special edition of the Hoggsbreath Brunch? And maybe a victory party after hanging #9?

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2024 at 8:56 PM, 01grad said:

That would be fun just like the old days of Joe Senser’s in Bloomington that is ripped down now.

That place use to be buzzing with Sioux fans back in the day.  There was the year UND played DU in the WCHA quarterfinals and it went to game 3.  Let's just say the staff at Senser's was not expecting the horde of Sioux fans on a Sunday night.  Wooger and some of his Gofer players showed up as well to watch North Dakota win.  It got a little loud when UND scored the game winning goal.:)

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 6:20 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

If, and that's a big if, this year's team reaches the Frozen Four, will you put on a special edition of the Hoggsbreath Brunch? And maybe a victory party after hanging #9?

No.