SiouxSports.com Forum

The Three Horsemen

dagies

Every one of you call yourself Sioux fans, huh? I know this is my first post here at Sioux Sports but give me a friggin break...you're a bunch of pricks to think that Fabian, Massen, and Canady don't go out game in and game out skating their A$$e$ off! If there is line in the WCHA that hasn't WORKED harder, prove it to me. Yeah they may not produce numbers wise, but when you control play and not allow any goals, that is far better than having a negative +/- rating. We have Goal-Scorers, Playmakers, Hustlers, Bruisers, these guys are Hardworkers and ripping them doesn't show any faith for what these guys have done!!! Good things happen to those that work hard and look at Fabian and Canady, Each have scored just as much as Drew and Brady in the last 6 games!!

Fight the Good Fight ladies and Gentlemen....just don't rip on guys that produce defensive hockey. If we wanna rip on anyone lets look at the entire season up to the last two series for Smaby and Schneider...disappointing.....but lately lookin real Good!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off, unless we're undefeated, scoring 5 goals a game on average and allowing less than 1 a game, or we get Zach and Bo back, there are going to be people on this board who just don't get it. Do not lump those of us who do value the players whether they have a good game or not mixed in with those who'd rather "criticize" rather than point out ways to improve that are both constructive and meaninful. Let them bash away. They look like fools, but you shouldn't care that much.

And as for Smaby and Schneider, I disagree. Smaby and Schneider have been playing well for quite a while. Smaby started slow, but I don't think he's done too poorly since the beginning of the year... Maybe even since December. Schneider hasn't done poorly either really. He certainly wasn't all that noticeable for a good portion of the year, but he wasn't bad either.

Early in the year some of us were saying "get these dmen graduated so we can move on and improve" or "I'm counting the days until Matt Greene signs!"

Let me ask, what do you all think now? When we score more than 2 goals, we usually win. Doesn't that speak more to offense than defense?

Personally, I'm going to dread the first month of next season because we have an all new defensive corps pretty much. Z Jones, Chorney, and Lee starting their careers, Radke restarting his career. That's 4 of seven. Only Bina, Smaby, Foyt (roleplayer/benchwarmer), and maybe (but not likely) Matt Greene returns for the Sioux. Admittedly, these are all great defensemen coming in, but we can't expect them to be as effective as this or last year's defensive corps.

Every one of you call yourself Sioux fans, huh? I know this is my first post here at Sioux Sports but give me a friggin break...you're a bunch of pricks to think that Fabian, Massen, and Canady don't go out game in and game out skating their A$$e$ off! If there is line in the WCHA that hasn't WORKED harder, prove it to me. Yeah they may not produce numbers wise, but when you control play and not allow any goals, that is far better than having a negative +/- rating. We have Goal-Scorers, Playmakers, Hustlers, Bruisers, these guys are Hardworkers and ripping them doesn't show any faith for what these guys have done!!! Good things happen to those that work hard and look at Fabian and Canady, Each have scored just as much as Drew and Brady in the last 6 games!!

Fight the Good Fight ladies and Gentlemen....just don't rip on guys that produce defensive hockey. If we wanna rip on anyone lets look at the entire season up to the last two series for Smaby and Schneider...disappointing.....but lately lookin real Good!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I can't disagree with you about that line working hard, results do matter. And for 4 years there were no results. I'm glad to see that they are scoring. That is what this team was missing.

However, I might have had a little more respect for you if you had made these comments, before they got hot. Sure now it's easy to give them praise. Where were you when they had done nothing all season?

...If there is line in the WCHA that hasn't WORKED harder, prove it to me.

:lol: I don't think you meant to say this!

Just having fun. I agree with the sentiment of your post. Still, the lack of scoring from the bottom lines HAS been a weakness all season. I've never been one to rip their effort though.

Let's look at the last 8 games. I'd pointed out last weekend that at one point the bottom 9 forwards had combined for 11 goals all season for the Sioux. Actually, if you go back to the Bucky series, prior to that the bottom 9 forwards (this includes part time forwards like Bina and Marvin and Foyt) scored a total of 10 goals.

Starting with the Bucky series, that same group of forwards combined for 6 addition goals in just 6 games. That group of 9 forwards NOW has a total of 16 goals for the season, which is a nice stretch.

Regarding the 3 Horsemen, here were their pre-Bucky points and their current points:

Massen: 1-1-2..........1-5-6

Canady: 1-1-2..........3-2-5

Fabian: 0-2-2..........3-5-8

Yowza. That's a total of 5 goals and 8 assists over 6 games for that trio. YEAH!

Way to go, guys!

First off, unless we're undefeated, scoring 5 goals a game on average and allowing less than 1 a game, or we get Zach and Bo back, there are going to be people on this board who just don't get it.  Do not lump those of us who do value the players whether they have a good game or not mixed in with those who'd rather "criticize" rather than point out ways to improve that are both constructive and meaninful.  Let them bash away.  They look like fools, but you shouldn't care that much. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank god we have you on this board oh great one. I guess you are one of the few who "get it". What does that mean anyways?

You can disagree with people's posts and points of views, but that is about your third or fourth post where you say you are one of a handful of people on this forum who knows that they are talking about or who "get it". Enough with that already.

Parise Christ.  The Sioux are kicking ass right now and people still need to argue with each other about who's a real fan.  Shut up everyone. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right you are Diggler, and the faithful chat members who have been there all season seem to be getting jumped by members who didn't bother to show up or post when the team wasn't doing so well. Remember everyone this is a chat so you don't have to like or agree with anything else other members post. Most of us are devoted Sioux fans so save the blading for the Goofer fans who intrude from time to time. :huh:

In the last six games...

Massen: 0-4-4

Canady: 2-1-3

Fabian: 3-3-6

Could this be The End of Days? <grin>

This weekend, I heard more than one group in the stands simply calling them The Horses, which I think is a more apt analogy than any sort of destruction apocolypse one. As we all know, right now they are getting a lot of ice time and playing well, too.

According to fightingsioux.com, Fabian and Canady are listed as +3 for the season, which is better than Genoway, Murray, Jones, Porter, Fylling, Prpich, Schneider, Massen, Kaip, Radke, Foyt and Marvin. (Massen is +0) Not that +/- is the end-all of discussions, but I am a believer in the stat. After posing the +/- question to myself and looking it up, I was impressed with the answer.

I'm not sure whether this is true, but it seems to me that, if they are rested enough, a team will try to take advantage of a fourth line by putting out a top line against them. At the very least, you can say that a fourth line shift is AT BEST up against another fourth line, and is often up against other lines. With this in mind, it seems to me that one would expect fourth lines to normally be below +0, especially when they're on a 5th place team. I'm moving into a statistical question now, but would appreciate others' training or observations.

I was surprised at the negative feelings recorded on Mar 10 on this thread to The Horses' play. The line, especially Fabian and Canady, had been growing on my friends for several weeks. To be clear, I say that you can have your own opinion because we all see/value different things, I am just saying I was surprised that posters gave practically no props.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off, where do you get away with considering anybody who criticizes the team, players, coaches, etc. less than a "fan" than yourself? Were you annointed "guardian of fan quality"? Second, "produce defensive hockey"? WTF is that? Perhaps if the "three horsemen" had played with the fire they demonstrate now and produced accordingly, fifth place in the WCHA would have been more a complete embarrassment than it is now. Third, take your self-righteous, "rah-rah" attitude, put on a skirt and join the cheerleaders.

Fight the Good Fight ladies and Gentlemen....just don't rip on guys that produce defensive hockey. If we wanna rip on anyone lets look at the entire season up to the last two series for Smaby and Schneider...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Sioux had a great weekend ... congratulations guys ... keep it up.

Siouxperfan777 - I find it strange that you criticize certain posters for ripping on players like Massen, Canady and Fabian ... and yet you invite them instead to start ripping on Smaby and Schneider ... :lol:

I know you just joined the Sioux boards, it also sounds like you just joined the hockey season. For your information, Smaby and Schneider have been warriors all year. It was an extraordinary team effort this weekend. One huge factor was the physical play. Smaby and Schneider were as intimidating as anyone on the ice.

"Fight the Good Fight Siouxperfan777 .... just don't rip on guys that produce defensive hockey'

Did anyone notice how happy Brian was when he tipped that shot in/ how happy Brant was when they saluted the crowd. This team is happy and playing great hockey. Hopefully the can string 2 (maybe) 3 wins this weekend if that isn't too much to ask. I don't think anyone wants to play them right now.

Parise Christ.  The Sioux are kicking ass right now and people still need to argue with each other about who's a real fan.  Shut up everyone. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Mr. Diggler has a point. There is now reason to feel good about the way the boys are playing, we all knew they could do it and proved us right.

Lets enjoy what season is left, UND is peaking at the right time so now is not the time to be at each other's throats. Coming to work today was a lot nicer knowing we didn't have to go to the arena tonight and watch another hockey game, our tickets are punched and I am ready for the Sioux to play the dirty BADgers in the play in game.

Now is a good time pack up the vehicles and head east for the Final Five. I would suggest resting and getting ready for some great fun at the Xcel Energy Center.