SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Omaha 2/8 7PM

sioux24/7

21 hours ago, Kab said:

No let downs like what happened in football after UND clobbered ndsu 

keep the hammer down 

Not an intent to derail a BB thread with football talk, but I wonder if UND Football had beaten the Bison just by the skin of its teeth (like the BB team did), maybe that would have left them a little more hungry.  BB team absolutely clobbered a team that was only one game behind them in the standings.  Would have been nice if the FB team had that kind post-NDSU response at UNI.

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

For the live of God give Brady s minutes to Eli Elijah or Mara please..

Horrible crowd but fun game

Totally agree! Mara should be getting most of brady's minutes. Just by watching last night Mara seemed to be more of an impact with his athleticism alone with the few minutes he was there at the end. Sather should have gotten him in sooner for more experience in blowout games like that.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Totally agree! Mara should be getting most of brady's minutes. Just by watching last night Mara seemed to be more of an impact with his athleticism alone with the few minutes he was there at the end. Sather should have gotten him in sooner for more experience in blowout games like that.  

Maybe it's just because we haven't seen him in a game in a long time but his arms looked crazy long last night. His length and athleticism alone would make a much bigger impact than we are getting from Brady D. Mara is actually a threat on the offensive side of the ball so that would help as well. 

As much as I really hope this would happen, unfortunately, it's too late in the season to do that. I guess we'll just have to wait until next year to see Mara in action. 

29 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Maybe it's just because we haven't seen him in a game in a long time but his arms looked crazy long last night. His length and athleticism alone would make a much bigger impact than we are getting from Brady D. Mara is actually a threat on the offensive side of the ball so that would help as well. 

As much as I really hope this would happen, unfortunately, it's too late in the season to do that. I guess we'll just have to wait until next year to see Mara in action. 

I understand what you are saying.  Sather just needs play his best players that give you a chance to win! No matter what!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I have been a Brady backer and I love Brady and everything he shows out on the court but I am curious if Mara could do what he does too but with better defense maybe? I think there are some intangible things that stats or analytics don’t necessarily show that help Brady’s case but he just hasn’t had it as much this year and you can’t blame the kid, he has had a tough last year or so off the court. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I have been a Brady backer and I love Brady and everything he shows out on the court but I am curious if Mara could do what he does too but with better defense maybe? I think there are some intangible things that stats or analytics don’t necessarily show that help Brady’s case but he just hasn’t had it as much this year and you can’t blame the kid, he has had a tough last year or so off the court. 

An issue is we already have two "hustle/gritty/glue" guys in Amar and Eli King. However, Mara can be that 3 & D guy that we need off the bench. So I don't understand how Brady D still gets 20 MPG while Mara just continues to ride the pine and doesn't even get a shot. 

On the flip side, it's hard to try throw Mara in there now. He didn't get enough legitimate playing time during the non-conference schedule and hasn't gotten adjusted to playing in a game. He's only played 81 total minutes all year and is a freshman. I still love Brooks though and think he should be the second guard off the bench. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1