SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies - Friday Night

Blackheart

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've seen OT before. But, listening to TH and gang, I wonder if we ever came out on the ice in OT trying to win.

Did we get any shots on goal other than Prpich's?

Was Prpich, Stafford, and JPar the only three players who showed up tonight?

To do anything in the tourney, you need to be playing consistant this time of year...right now we are not and I can't see this happening right now. We play really good hockey against UW, then go to the bottom of the barrel to play SCSU and get a tie? We need to be playing @ our greatest potential and that just isn't happening right now. Every team has their bad games, but they are throw in between 6 "good" games. I have yet to see 3 "mediocre" games in a row for the Sioux this year.

I hope tomorrow is a different story.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha, Ha... Well at least UMD gets to come to the Ralph this season. I think UND can win the series if they play good defense and can shut down Duluth offense and actually score some goals. Its going to take more than 2 goals to beat UMD. :huh:

To do anything in the tourney, you need to be playing consistant this time of year...right now we are not and I can't see this happening right now.  We play really good hockey against UW, then go to the bottom of the barrel to play SCSU and get a tie?  We need to be playing @ our greatest potential and that just isn't happening right now.  Every team has their bad games, but they are throw in between 6 "good" games.  I have yet to see 3 "mediocre" games in a row for the Sioux this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a good point, someone had to take the team on their back and get hot.

The goaltending is there now the forwards have to step it up and play good.

PWR is everything right now, all we have to do is get there and anything can happen. Look at Denver last year, they were the fourth best team in the conference. Final Five and all of that is nice, but we've won seven national titles! We aren't Duluth (just happy to be there), we are the second winningest program in D1 hockey (by titles). We expect to go to the NCAAs and we aren't happy unless we have a shot at winning. People tell me how bad we are going to be next year, because we are losing so many defensemen, but tell you what, I'm happy to be getting rid of all of them. Open tryouts should be held. This year is a disgrace. I call for a new coach and a new attitude. I think Hakstol should skate the guys until they vomit at 12:01 on Sunday, just like Delta Don threatened to. Further proof that Parise was the best player in college hockey last year...we can't score a goal without him.

To do anything in the tourney, you need to be playing consistant this time of year...right now we are not and I can't see this happening right now.  We play really good hockey against UW, then go to the bottom of the barrel to play SCSU and get a tie?  We need to be playing @ our greatest potential and that just isn't happening right now.  Every team has their bad games, but they are throw in between 6 "good" games.  I have yet to see 3 "mediocre" games in a row for the Sioux this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's one thing to tie because we made a few mistakes and were unable to capitalize.

It appeared to me that we didn't even try to be aggressive at all from basically after the tying goal was scored until the end of the game with the exception being Murray's shot in the 3rd and Prpich's shot in OT.

We played for what we got, a tie. JP Parise was right. This game was "gawd awful."

without bonus we are 12th..with 3-2-1 bonus we are still tied for 9th...no difference so far...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like I stated earlier, Ohio St. actually won tonight (according to USCHO). TH had that one wrong. Maine was the only team that lost that was close to us in the standings.

EDIT: Maybe TH was right and USCHO is wrong. Yahoo and INCH have Bowling Green beating Ohio St.

Edited by cheeringsiouxfromsmoggycali

To do anything in the tourney, you need to be playing consistant this time of year...right now we are not

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have not been consistent at any point this year. People can get their hopes up about a "Denver" type of playoff run, but Denver had periods of time where they played well last year. There is no reason to think that UND is all of a sudden going to play the best they have all year. Sure it is possible, but I think that thinking the "Denver" run is possible lets the team off the hook for playing poorly this year.

I just hope tomorrows game and the two (hopefully that is all we need) next weekend are different games and things turn around. Everyone keeps saying, "Last year Denver this and Denver that". Well last year @ this time Denver was a pretty hot team, with the exception of the 1st round with CC. I still think we can do something, but we need to show up for the rest of the games and prove that we can get rolling and KEEP ROLLING.

Lets get this thing going tomorrow nite and not look back til #8 is back @ the Ralph, in its rightful home!!!!

I agree that a "Denver Run" is very unlikely. We have some horses though, they just aren't running. Murray, Stafford, Zajac and Porter can play on my team any time. Greene is a pro player, not a college player. His game is much more suited for the NHL or Major Junior. If the lockout gets resolved, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. It is unfortunate that we will be reloading in a year where we are hosting a regional.