SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Huskies - Friday Night

Blackheart

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't agree with you more - the Sioux can pack it in and plan on watching some good playoff hockey if they can't get the job done tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe if they tie tonight and duluth ties I believe we get home ice.

I can't agree with you more - the Sioux can pack it in and plan on watching some good playoff hockey if they can't get the job done tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can't be relying on Wisc to beat UMD so we get home ice. We need to earn it and prove that we are supposed to be in the tourney.

I'm trying really hard to stay positive, but it isn't easy. Nobody can score for us. Oshie, Vandevelde and Lee won't have anything to do after tomorrow night, maybe they should come up early. I'm really thinking that this year might have to be one and done for Hakstol. He obviously can't get anything out of these guys. Stafford and Zajac are number one draft picks for crying out loud. It has to be the system or the coaching.

There is still hope #91...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we can't blow SC away, how are we gonna hang with anyone else in the conf over 3 games? I can't see it happening....this years team is too streaky. There isn't any 2, 3 guys to look to when we need something big to happen. Is there anyone to look to at anytime with this team?

I'm trying really hard to stay positive, but it isn't easy.  Nobody can score for us.  Oshie, Vandevelde and Lee won't have anything to do after tomorrow night, maybe they should come up early.  I'm really thinking that this year might have to be one and done for Hakstol.  He obviously can't get anything out of these guys.  Stafford and Zajac are number one draft picks for crying out loud.  It has to be the system or the coaching.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think the athletic department is going to pull the pin on Dave yet.

I heard his contract is only for one year though.

I think you are right, however, at this time of year, we need to be beating teams like SCSU and getting some momentum into the playoffs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good news is it looks like we'll get MN thursday night (assuming we get to Thursday night), so that's about as much motivation as we'll need... get that win and then take a shot at DU/CC