SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ralph

GeauxSioux

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I started a new topic. I am watching the Minn/Mich State game which is being played at Mariucci and couldn’t help but notice the shadows of the players and locations where the light hits the ice. I pulled up the highlights from last nights UND game at the Ralph and see very little of the shadowing. It seems that the lighting is distributed better at the Ralph.  One of those things you don’t notice is very good until you see it not so good somewhere else. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I started a new topic. I am watching the Minn/Mich State game which is being played at Mariucci and couldn’t help but notice the shadows of the players and locations where the light hits the ice. I pulled up the highlights from last nights UND game at the Ralph and see very little of the shadowing. It seems that the lighting is distributed better at the Ralph.  One of those things you don’t notice is very good until you see it not so good somewhere else. 

They (Gophs) just got new lighting installed as well, I believe.  I always notice this at Denver though... real bad.

35 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

Interesting about lighting - for the first couple of hockey games this year I was almost blinded by the spotlights on the bottom of the scoreboard - not sure that they are a new addition but the sequencing was new - when they flashed into the crowd they hit me right in the eyes - after cataract surgery they sure had a bad effect.  Last couple of games were much better.   

• Like 1

would've awesome if the betty was a smaller version (50% smaller?  with 5500 seats?) of the ralph........lower bowl, middle row of luxury boxes, and upper deck...club room upstairs (for @gfhockeyand the GOB club)...video screens..locker rooms....sioux shop 2.0....

yeah ..i know...put up another 100 milion or so......just saying if a guy like ralph can front 150 million...what's another 75 million...just saying.

Just now, Irish said:

Interesting about lighting - for the first couple of hockey games this year I was almost blinded by the spotlights on the bottom of the scoreboard - not sure that they are a new addition but the sequencing was new - when they flashed into the crowd they hit me right in the eyes - after cataract surgery they sure had a bad effect.  Last couple of games were much better.   

noticed tht too......first time in lower bowl in ten years so i din't know if those were new or just didn't matter since i sit in the upper deck?  but yeah..little aggressive.

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

would've awesome if the betty was a smaller version (50% smaller?  with 5500 seats?) of the ralph........lower bowl, middle row of luxury boxes, and upper deck...club room upstairs (for @gfhockeyand the GOB club)...video screens..locker rooms....sioux shop 2.0....

yeah ..i know...put up another 100 milion or so......just saying if a guy like ralph can front 150 million...what's another 75 million...just saying.

Lol we can’t even get 1000 people to a game

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

How much money has REA spent on the 4 ushers that "usher" the top and bottoms of the 2 escalators for the last 20 years or so?
Asking for some assistant football coaches that want a raise.

Maybe the assistant coaches can be offered the opportunity to pick up a couple usher shifts fer a little extra cash. 

God knows they've got the time.

• Upvote 2