SiouxSports.com Forum

LETS SEE JAKE BRANDT

AZSIOUX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who questions Jake Brandt's ability to play big in a big game obviously missed the Final Five against Duluth two years ago. Or the regional game against Ferris State the same year, when he was the only reason that game didn't become an absolute blowout. Or the regular season game at Mariucci last year, in which he was our best player. Or the regular season series at Duluth last season, when he was easily UND's best player in a series the Sioux had to have in order to have any hopes winning a league title.

Anybody who questions Jake Brandt's ability to play big in a big game obviously missed the Final Five against Duluth two years ago. Or the regional game against Ferris State the same year, when he was the only reason that game didn't become an absolute blowout. Or the regular season game at Mariucci last year, in which he was our best player. Or the regular season series at Duluth last season, when he was easily UND's best player in a series the Sioux had to have in order to have any hopes winning a league title.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't question his playing ability, I just question his character. Especially for making such a stupid decision to snowmobile during the christmas break and wreck and break his collar bone. He probably won't see action even when his is healthy for that decision alone.

Let me see if I get this straight.

We aren't scoring goals so the natural reaction is to replace the goalies with one who hasn't played all year, broke a collarbone snowmobiling over Christmas break and he's supposed to give the team a "spark."

Hmm...

Can't say I would do that, but to each his own.

Also, I recall his performance in the "clutch" last year and he didn't really impress me.

Let me see if I get this straight.

We aren't scoring goals so the natural reaction is to replace the goalies with one who hasn't played all year, broke a collarbone snowmobiling over Christmas break and he's supposed to give the team a "spark."

Hmm...

Can't say I would do that, but to each his own.

Also, I recall his performance in the "clutch" last year and he didn't really impress me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got half of it. The other half is that we need to fire the coach. ???

I don't question his playing ability, I just question his character.  Especially for making such a stupid decision to snowmobile during the christmas break and wreck and break his collar bone.  He probably won't see action even when his is healthy for that decision alone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to reply to this... The guy was out ice fishing with his dad and wiped out a snowmobile and happened to get hurt. Sounds sort of flukey to me. Jake may have "pulled" some things in his past, but this isn't something at all to condemn him for. It was a FREAK ACCIDENT. S*it happens. I don't understand how it can be considered a "stupid decision". ??? Jake hasn't received a break at all this year for whatever reason. It's too bad, because I've heard that he's a great kid. Maybe jnv has more to say on this?

Besides, being from Roseau, he's probably been riding a snowmobile since he could walk. Probably almost as long as they've been skating.

Nothing against JPar or Lammy, but we would prefer to see Jake get the start on Senior Night, stand on his head, and take every game from here on in. He's got the experience, and the mettle, to pick this team up and lead them to the Ex, lead them to a win Thursday and Friday night at the Ex, and get them into the NCAA's.

From there, let him play it out. Storybook ending. Why not? Every Cinderfella needs a story line. Where else is one gonna come from?

I don't question his playing ability, I just question his character.  Especially for making such a stupid decision to snowmobile during the christmas break and wreck and break his collar bone.  He probably won't see action even when his is healthy for that decision alone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me get this straight...Are you saying these guys can't go fishing during THEIR time away from school and the team? Guess what ...they are ALIVE. Fishing with friends and family is about as wholesome as it gets.

Give the guy a break AND him a chance.

I'm not making any negative comments about his accident nor his decision to ride a snowmobile but the truth is, he's the third goalie on a team with two pretty good goalies and I see no reason to bring him in to end the year.

He is not the magic elixir that will end the Sioux skid.

In my humble opinion.

your right, he may not be the magic elixir like you stated but how will we know unless he gets a shot. its not like he's a walk on who as never seen the ice before..he is proven and in my opinion deserves 1 more shot the way this season is going. i know some fans here do not like i style but there is a reason he is 4th all time in sioux history in win % around .700... 2nd all time in goal against average at 2.50...3rd all time in save % at .901 and tied for 5th all time in shutouts with 4...i guess i would put jake in the pretty good category like you put phil and jordan in..

like i stated earlier in this thread he may not be the answer but why not find out!!

I'm not making any negative comments about his accident nor his decision to ride a snowmobile but the truth is, he's the third goalie on a team with two pretty good goalies and I see no reason to bring him in to end the year.

In my humble opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my humble opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you.

If this guy was as "great" as some people think, why hasn't he played more?

i do not think his physical goalie skills are the reason hes not playing..obviously there has been a falling out with DH or he would have been in the nets this year. you don't go from being 16-4 overall with a .906 save % in (03/04) and 12-2 in WCHA play with a .913 save % to not playing the next year because hes not good..i don't think everyone is saying he is great by any means. he is a very good goalie and the numbers just back it up..

oh well, just looking for a spark for the rest of this season since we have not had one all fricken year..

i do not think his physical goalie skills are the reason hes not playing..obviously there has been a falling out with DH or he would have been in the nets this year. you don't go from being 16-4 overall with a .906 save % in (03/04) and 12-2 in WCHA play with a .913 save % to not playing the next year because hes not good..i don't think everyone is saying he is great by any means. he is a very good goalie and the numbers just back it up..

oh well, just looking for a spark for the rest of this season since we have not had one all fricken year..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that sad that because a coach gets ticked off at a player, his hockey career can plummet. We have seen it year after year with Blais...Sad to see it continue.

you are right about assumptions. that was just a opinion i had regarding the situation. its hard to think there has not been a problem looking at jakes numbers over his career. thats all..

We're all making assumptions here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude- you dont even know the real story. I Heard from a close a friend the real story- he was out ice fishing at lake with his girlfriends brother and a few friends. he hopped on the snowcat to go to another fish out a just down the ice a little. He was on pure ice and the snowcat was just spinning, not moving so he was shaking/rocking the snowcat a little so it would move and he had his thumb on the throtal a little to hard and the snowcat tipped over him. Dont tell me he was being stupid, hes just still trying to have a little fun in life.

Besides, being from Roseau, he's probably been riding a snowmobile since he could walk. Probably almost as long as they've been skating.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do not forget fishing. Most Minnesota kids are born fishing for Walleyes. ???;) People from Norther Minnesota can fish before they can walk also.

Edited by Goon

i know some fans here do not like i style but there is a reason he is 4th all time in sioux history in win % around .700... 2nd all time in goal against average at 2.50...3rd all time in save % at .901 and tied for 5th all time in shutouts with 4...i guess i would put jake in the pretty good category like you put phil and jordan in..

like i stated earlier in this thread he may not be the answer but why not find out!!

[

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Backchecking forwards??? ???

Brandt is not a bad goalie parise is not a bad goalie but PHIL is the most capable goaltender and has the most potential also someone said somethign about getting a goalie with size ?? size is nothing it is all about talent if you stop the puck then you stop the puck simple as that no questions asked

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess I understand your desire for a "spark" and I've seen a goalie be that spark in games, but this team needs a healthy Brady Murray to be the spark if you ask me.

On a side note, I see the AZ in your name and I loved my time in Phoenix a couple weeks ago golfing and watching the FBR.

Just a beautiful, great time.