SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Vs DU

Shawn-O

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you call Coach Haks voicemail, this is the message you receive.......

Press 1 if you have seen James Massen.  We have been looking for him the last four years

Press 2 if you can't figure out how guys like Pat O'Leary get cut and guys like Canady continue to get playing time

Press 3 if you think it is pathetic that our 2nd best forward line has two guys that should be playing defense (Bina/Foyt)

Press 4 if you like how we cycle the puck without anyone in front of the net

Press 5 if you think our defense looked like swiss cheese tonight.  Normally you don't get to see that many 2 on 1's except in a squirt game

Press 6 if all of our woes are due to "puck luck"

Press 7 if you are surprised at my performance this year.  What did you expect bringing in a lifetime .500 player/coach to lead the most storied program in college?

Press 8 if you know who BringDeanBack and Central for Life are.  They are hurting my feelings

Press 9 if you are Toews and have changed your mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too bad that the Zajac/Spirko/Stafford line can't stay on the ice the whole game. 

Too bad that Gino was only in the building to give an interview.  For a second there I thought he was coming back to our rescue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Hakstol, but having Gino on the bench could definately not hurt us!

When you call Coach Haks voicemail, this is the message you receive.......

Press 1 if you have seen James Massen.  We have been looking for him the last four years

Press 2 if you can't figure out how guys like Pat O'Leary get cut and guys like Canady continue to get playing time

Press 3 if you think it is pathetic that our 2nd best forward line has two guys that should be playing defense (Bina/Foyt)

Press 4 if you like how we cycle the puck without anyone in front of the net

Press 5 if you think our defense looked like swiss cheese tonight.  Normally you don't get to see that many 2 on 1's except in a squirt game

Press 6 if all of our woes are due to "puck luck"

Press 7 if you are surprised at my performance this year.  What did you expect bringing in a lifetime .500 player/coach to lead the most storied program in college?

Press 8 if you know who BringDeanBack and Central for Life are.  They are hurting my feelings

Press 9 if you are Toews and have changed your mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to agree with #4!!!!!!!

We have some good offensive stances where we can pass the puck around awesome but everytime that it seems to make its way infront of the net there never seems to be anyone there to play it or look for the rebounds.

Actually, it almost seems that sometimes we take TOOOOO long to get it in front of the net. These guys should be looking for GOALS, NOT ASSISTS!!

You're kidding right? DU scores on its second shot of the night, high glove side. Lammy had a full on look at it but swiped at it and missed. It was a good shot, but he should have made that stop. He was not screened. DU hits the post on the third shot (and by the grace of God, it wasn't 2-0). Third goal, Lammy was hung out to dry, but again, had a full on look and should have made the stop. On the fourth goal, the puck trickled in after going under the blade of his stick. Not his best effort is the understatement of the season.

As an aside, I think I must be sitting next to Lammy's dad (he's in 116, F, Seat 10). To this guy, Lammy can do no wrong. Earlier in the year, I thought he was going to have a fit when I said I thought JPar should be playing. When Canady ran the DU goalie, I commented the he shouldn't have taken that cheap shot and this guy told me that Canady hardly touched him, when it was freaking obvious that Canady had intended to take the guy"s head off...really stupid. Anyway, I didn't say anything bad about Lammy because, as I've said, the guy is hyper-sensitive about him and might start hyperventilating if I do...I do think Lammy played terribly and needs a long rest....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're dead wrong Super. I won't defend Lammy for his performance tonite, but the first goal he was horribly screened. I don't remember if it was Fylling or Fuher, but Lammy had no chance at that shot. It happened right in front of me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not going to get into a long discussion about that goal, but if you had a better angle on it than I did, you were in the goal...there was nobody in front of him...I was lined up exactly with the shooter and watched the puck go directly into the net, high glove side. Lammy simply missed the "catch"...

I do agree they are having some tough luck, but they aren't really good at "making" their luck either. They missed a golden opportunity to pickup valuable and much needed points last night. They could have won that game.

The fourth Lammy and the whole team gave up because Derek Shepherd missed an OBVIOUS pick that happened right in front of him...I don't think he was 5 feet behind the play when it happened. The team pulled up thinking the whistle was coming; Lammy relaxed, and the next thing you know its 4-2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I recommend that they stick to their jobs as players and play until the whistle blows...That's coaching by the way...

A few comments on Supertrex's keen observations and comments.

First of all, I believe the parents sit in the corners - section 114, not behind the Sioux bench. Perhaps the man you were sitting next to is just a fan and not Lammy's father. Who cares anyway? What inspires you to attack a man when you don't even know his identity? Further, it is bad enough that we post negative comments about players day after day after day on this site, but then to attack their parents.......come on. Will you be looking for Lammy's grandparents tonight? I'm sure you didn't say anything bad directly to the guy about Lammy - you showed us just what you're made of by saving your remarks for this board! I think you might be the one who needs to give things a rest!!

Nice back-pedaling Supertrex! Hey, I know you didn't say anything directly to the guy - you saved your comments for this board! Perhaps a certain part of your anatomy isn't large enough to tell the guy next to you that he's bothering you and you'd appreciate him not doing whatever it is that bothers you so. I'm going to thank my lucky stars the rest of this season that my seat is sections away from yours. Everyone knows where yours is. Now go take that rest - enough said!

A few comments on Supertrex's keen observations and comments. 

First of all, I believe the parents sit in the corners - section 114, not behind the Sioux bench.  Perhaps the man you were sitting next to is just a fan and not Lammy's father.  Who cares anyway?  What inspires you to attack a man when you don't even know his identity?  Further, it is bad enough that we post negative comments about players day after day after day on this site, but then to attack their parents.......come on.  Will you be looking for Lammy's grandparents tonight?  I'm sure you didn't say anything bad directly to the guy about Lammy - you showed us just what you're made of by saving your remarks for this board!  I think you might be the one who needs to give things a rest!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess I'm pretty surprised that you think that I seriously believed that I am sitting next to Lammy's dad...I guess I need to be more careful about my comments here since some people take everything literally and there is no room for any humor...I certainly did not intend to pick on Lammy's actual family and I'm sorry you took it that way.

I think my post had substance and made a point, albeit probably not one that everyone will agree with...Lammy didn't have a very good game. Canady's penalty was very stupid and indefensible - he could have injured the DU goalie. To sit there and sanctimoniously state that "Canady didn't even touch the guy" and that "the DU goalie should get an academy award for acting" was outrageous and I told him as much, contrary to what your post implies...

OK, let's break it up here.

Tonight is a new game and will be a different result because I am on a road trip to The Ralph with kids in tow. We've been to forty-plus games over the last two seasons and ain't seem 'em lose yet.

Gotta keep a nose ahead of those dirty Dogs to make sure that we are playing them here in what will be a great, great college hockey playoff series come March 11-13. Loser of that one will probably be sharpening up their sugar beat hoes.

To sit there and sanctimoniously state that "Canady didn't even touch the guy" and that "the DU goalie should get an academy award for acting" was outrageous and I told him as much, contrary to what your post implies...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that is about the way we say it from where we were sitting. Sure the goalie was hit but the guy hammed it up, laying on the ice like he had been shot to draw a penalty. Sure it was wrong, stupid and knuckle headed to hit the goalie, especially when you down by a goal. Fisher made Claude Lemiux look like an amateur as far as acting goes.

I'm going to thank my lucky stars the rest of this season that my seat is sections away from yours. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I kinda wish you were sitting next to me...that way there'd be two of us cheering in the section... :silly: But that's not fair, the guy that sits next to me (Lammy's dad) is generally a very astute hockey fan and obviously knows alot about the game - a coach maybe??

Dear Referee Shep,

I know they are big words, but the words are "obstruction interference." It happened right in front of you and you missed it ... with daddy, a.k.a. the WCHA head of officials, and a couple NCAA representatives watching. Don't worry, daddy will make it all nice-nice again.

The no-call when Greene was clearly picked was despicable.

Somebody please tell this team during pre-game warm-ups that they are down 2-0. It seems to be the only time they actually start to play.

Keep giving the puck to Radke on the powerplay. He seems to know how to get a low hard shot on net.

How many pucks were behind BSU goalies last weekend and behind Fisher last night that didn't go in? And the top of the net. Are you kidding me?

I have to give credit to Mike Prpich: He had his helmet ripped off twice and yet stayed focused on the game, not payback. And how that puck didn't go in ...

I thought that shot went in too and so did others that had a better angle than I do.  They did replay last nights goal on TV and some say it was in, others told me it hit the pipe and came straight out.

I guess the reason they don't play replays of controversial goals stems back to last year, when they showed that "piper" against the Sioux on the big screen and it looked like it was in on the replay, even tho it was waived off. Blaise was very angry about showing it and made the internationally recognized gesture for "USE YOUR HEAD" to the guy upstairs from the bench... I'm sure he said something to them afterward because I've never seen replays of called off goals on the big screen since.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they need to show a replay in that case. It looked like it was in from our angle but we will never know. Can anyone say for sure it wasn't in?

After seeing more missed 2-1's, 2-0's and countless other point blank chances, I've come to the conclusion that it isn't bad luck - it is just these guys cannot finish. Parise leaving hurt, but it appears Bochenski leaving was the killer, the Sioux have a ton of set up guys, but no finishers (note to Stafford this should be you). It appears Spirko and Zajac will get there, so the future looks good.

However for the rest of this season, I hate to say it, but if the Sioux want success they are going to have to play Jacques Lemaire hockey. I feel dirty for saying this, but how could playing the trap lower their scoring? Lets face it, the Sioux have the best D-core in the country, but are lacking in offense. The trap is about as exiciting as watching the zamboni resurface, but if it produces some wins, I say go for it. Maybe the Sioux could replay what Denver did last year.

Goon - saw the replay on TV - it was not in - hit the crossbar then the DU goalies skate, but never crossed the line - good call by the GJ.

Dear Referee Shep,

I know they are big words, but the words are "obstruction interference." It happened right in front of you and you missed it ... with daddy, a.k.a. the WCHA head of officials, and a couple NCAA representatives watching. Don't worry, daddy will make it all nice-nice again.

The no-call when Greene was clearly picked was despicable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, that probably right I suppose Derek will never get suspended as long as his father is the head of officials. The officiating in this league is Horse Bleep already and then they have officals deciding they want DU to win and the heck with UND.

Goon - saw the replay on TV - it was not in - hit the crossbar then the DU goalies skate, but never crossed the line - good call by the GJ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allright I will take your word for it. I was kind of juiced up and effected by many big Beers so my Sioux only perspective goggles were on and I thought it was in. We all know what beer can do to a person's judgement.

Hey Dagies, are you at Senser's in Bloomington?  I'll join you tomorrow night if you reply and you're going back...

John

Yes, Bloomington. That would be great but I doubt I will be there tonite, unfortunately.

Too bad we didn't meet up last night, you would have saved me from suffering some meathead that talked to the back of my head through the first period about a variety of topics too mundane to list here.

Who is it that has continued to play Canady this year?  I understand that right now he must play due to injuries, put stop giving him a regular shift.

We could go back and forth. Probably the coach who learned under the guy who played him the first 3 years he was here. Remind me again how many guys Hak is sitting so he can play Canady again.

I would never argue against that. I have been saying for years that the officiating in this league sucks and UND is alway on the short side of every call. The pick call is a perfect example. Looks like Sheppard is going to be getting a vacation.

Did anyone see that shot, I could have swore it was in the net. Whats up with the replay booth is there a rule that they can't show a replay on the overhead on a play that is controversial? In that situation I think the fans need to see the replay.

TV replays show the puck hit the crossbar only. Just bad luck that it didn't bounce off the back of the goalie's pads into the net.