SiouxSports.com Forum

CHA correspondent on USCHO picks Bemidji to Sweep

Stack

I read the recap of the on-line chat from last wed featuring Todd Milewski, the WCHA guys on USCHO. He was asked how he thought the Final Five would turn out, and while he had to come up with an answer right on the spot, it was interesting that the Sioux were not a team he picked to be there.

Time to start quieting the doubters. Like Hak said on his radio program. We can take care of our own problems by winning.

Sioux sweep this weekend. I like a team that is backed into the corner a little bit. We've got a bare bones roster, and we can't afford to lose.

I say McMahon will have a good weekend.

I agree with you, however, with our recent play, there are good reasons why many people have doubts about this team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Recent play, plus Greene out for two; Fuher out for one; Murray out; Kaip out; a two-week layoff; and team distractions.

According to Virg Foss in today's Herald, BSU will probably be without one or two of its top scorers. That should help the Sioux.

The CHA clown said: Bemidji State @ North Dakota - Both teams are missing key components, as high-scoring Luke Erickson is out of the BSU lineup due to injury, while North Dakota captain Matt Greene has been suspended after an arrest on suspicion of drunken driving. UND might be ripe for the picking, as the Sioux have a three-game losing streak entering Friday's game. Bemidji, 5-2 and 4-3

Come one folks this isn't SCSU or some hack team they are talking about this is the University of North Dakota, I hope someone stick this up on a bluletin board in the Sioux Locker Room.

I read the recap of the on-line chat from last wed featuring Todd Milewski, the WCHA guys on USCHO.  He was asked how he thought the Final Five would turn out, and while he had to come up with an answer right on the spot, it was interesting that the Sioux were not a team he picked to be there.

Time to start quieting the doubters.  Like Hak said on his radio program.  We can take care of our own problems by winning.

Sioux sweep this weekend.  I like a team that is backed into the corner a little bit.  We've got a bare bones roster, and we can't afford to lose.

I say McMahon will have a good weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If this doesn't give coach Hakstol some ammo to get these guys ready I don't what will. That Todd Milewski has been dissing the Sioux all year. I would love to see the Sioux win the Final 5 and go on to take the NCAA. And for the CHA correspondant to predict BSU to sweep??!!! C'mon Sioux fans this weekend! Lets get up for this series! The boys have gotten no respect all year. Its time for the fans to help out!

LETS GO SIOUX!

FWIW, KRACH predicts UND has a 78.3% chance of winning each game. That would leave Bemidji with a 4.7% chance of a sweep.

That is, of course, based on both teams' actual performance against chains of common opponents throughout this entire season. It assumes performance is constant through the season so wouldn't take into account any sort of slump, nor does it account for missing players or other special circumstances.

What it does show us is that UND really is in an entirely different class from Bemidji this year and that if they played 100 games, UND would easily win most. However, they're only playing 2 and Bemidji (and fans and columnists) smell blood in the water.

FWIW, KRACH predicts UND has a 78.3% chance of winning each game.  That would leave Bemidji with a 4.7% chance of a sweep.

That is, of course, based on both teams' actual performance against chains of common opponents throughout this entire season.  It assumes performance is constant through the season so wouldn't take into account any sort of slump, nor does it account for missing players or other special circumstances.

What it does show us is that UND really is in an entirely different class from Bemidji this year and that if they played 100 games, UND would easily win most.  However, they're only playing 2 and Bemidji (and fans and columnists) smell blood in the water.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I predict that the Sioux will come out flying. They know they are a good team. They just have not had the bounces. Sometimes the Sioux have a tendancy to play down to the level of the competition. This will not happen this weekend. On the other hand the goalies for opposing teams seem to alway bring their best when they play so that is why the games will be close.

FWIW, KRACH predicts UND has a 78.3% chance of winning each game.  That would leave Bemidji with a 4.7% chance of a sweep.

That is, of course, based on both teams' actual performance against chains of common opponents throughout this entire season.  It assumes performance is constant through the season so wouldn't take into account any sort of slump, nor does it account for missing players or other special circumstances.

What it does show us is that UND really is in an entirely different class from Bemidji this year and that if they played 100 games, UND would easily win most.  However, they're only playing 2 and Bemidji (and fans and columnists) smell blood in the water.

I wonder what the % said for the Tech-MN series last weekend. :0:lol:

I am hopeful that UND will come out and get results, but we'll have to see them do it. The one out-there prediction I have for this weekend is that Canady and Fabian will combine for two goals this weekend. Sounds like they have been the team's best line at times and I think it's time for some pay-off.

This series must be important to BSU because according to Inside College Hockey both Murray (deep thigh bruise) and Erickson (leg stess fractures) will play this weekend against the Sioux. Surprising that they would risk winning the CHA title in order to do well this weekend.

This series must be important to BSU because according to Inside College Hockey both Murray (deep thigh bruise) and Erickson (leg stess fractures) will play this weekend against the Sioux.  Surprising that they would risk winning the CHA title in order to do well this weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well they are play the most prestigous program in the country. They will have a turn to shine.......if it works out that way. :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MN should have won that matchup 87% of the time, leaving Tech about a 1.7% chance of sweeping any given two games.  That's why I was sure to disclaim precisely what these probabilities do and don't mean.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great, So what you're saying is BSU is almost 3 times more likely to sweep the Sioux than Tech sweeping Goldy. :lol:

:0

I think it will be close but the Sioux should sweep.

I think the CHA guy is going to be closer to the mark score wise than Milewski after all.

UND players head to the locker room saying "Thank God we didn't lose."

BSU players head to the locker room saying "I can't believe we didn't win. We should have won."

BSU Should have won this game.

I think the CHA guy is going to be closer to the mark score wise than Milewski after all.

UND players head to the locker room saying "Thank God we didn't lose."

BSU players head to the locker room saying "I can't believe we didn't win.  We should have won."

BSU Should have won this game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A tie is still kissing your sister....

So you're picking the Sioux to lose Saturday? Because that's the only way he'll be closer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. But Milewski picked us to sweep by a scoring margin of maybe 3 goals each game?

I don't know. Can't explain that comment the morning after. I was really really pissed last night.