SIOUX VS CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time to go out on the town!!!!

another tough game to listen to.

flying back for the bemidji state series in 2 weeks so maybe they will score while I am at the ralph..........

have a good night everyone and go vikings!!!!!!

Hey comfortable dont be such an A$$

You wonder why everyone hates the gophers and I mean everyone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I happen to be a Sioux fan who is stating the obvious. 9 league losses, it will be tough to get in the top 5. If you read my signature S L O W L Y, I am ripping the Gophers as their "Pride On Ice" is product of NoDak....hello.

Yes we'll be in the play in game, but I see us finishing 5th. The way UMD is struggling there is no way they finish above us. If you look at the point difference, we should be 5th. Can't say we dont deserve it either.

Yeah, frustrating. Time to do another thing GF is known for...binge drinking. :sad:

Hakstol's post-game comments:

We deserved 4 points out of this series, but we're coming away with none. We can't wait to get out of this building.

Friday night we deserved a point, maybe better. We challenged 3 or 4 guys to play better and they responded. Performance on the ice was as well as we can play, other than putting the puck in the net.

We are struggling to put the puck in the night. We just have to keep pounding away. We have the guys to do it. The effort is there and the execution is there.

It's hard to say anything in the locker room. They spilled their guts on the ice. Anything I say isn't going to make them feel better.

We came in here thinking we could win two games. It was our best performance for 120 minutes this season.

I give the guys credit. The waved off goal didn't affect the way they played. They just kept coming and coming.

No bounces this week, but there's not going to be any "poor me attitude." It's unfortunate that we have next weekend off and we'll have to let it sit with us the next two weeks.

I don't know what Brady Murray's status is. We won't know for sure until we get back to Grand Forks.

Edited by PCM

The one theme that keeps rearing its ugly head this season is the Sioux can't score. They have the role players to move the puck to the offensive zone. They have the grit to keep the shots on goal in their favor most games.

The sad fact is. This team can't score. This team can't score. this team can't score.

Another shutout. I'd like to hear the last time UND had this many. Has it happened in decades?

So the bottome line is that they needed at least 2 points and they came up with squat. Make any exccuse you want but these guys cannot get the job done - you have got to get the puck in the back of the twine. Oh yeah, I forgot, they ran inot a hot goaltender like they do every weekend...give me a break...this team is going nowhere.

Sucks dude!!!!

To walk away with NO points against CC when we played our heart out. WE PLAYED SO HARD, AND THEY REALLY WANTED IT SOOOO BAD!

Then they go and hurt Brady last night, on what was called a "freak play" when it was probably just a little trick to hurt him again. He plays with the most heart on the team EVERY NIGHT and he is not happy with his play usually! He's a tough player! We feel for him so badly right now!

As for our offense and our scoring chances. What is it going to cost? We'll pay anything I really will!

Are we cursed like The Red Sox because Zach left us! The "Zachino" curse. That would just suck!

We must drink tonight!

We'll get some goals on BSU HOPEFULLY, that will get this rollin' for us!

Keep the faith, and keep it positive please because they need that!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rescind what I said about last night's game being the best effort in a losing cause. It is nothing compared to tonight. We moved the puck and shot it well, but we just couldn't finish!

I wonder if Zaba needs a new jersey and glove. Perhaps a new left pad? We seem to not be able to pick our shots and the end up, if we can corral the puck, going into the goaltender's equipment. Hakstol called it "bounces." I don't know what to call it except unfortunate.

I really don't know where we'll end up, or even if we'll make the NCAAs, but I just hope things turn around and we can perhaps squeak in.

Phil played awesome the entire weekend.

A few other random notes:

1. Can anyone tell me if the penalties against the Sioux were really penalties? Listening to TH doesn't give you any impression. To him, they all were bad calls (except the one on Genoway, I guess).

2. TH talked about how well we played, but I think the glaring difference between the Sioux and the Tigers were in two words: "chance" and "score." The Sioux had a ton of "chances." The Tigers didn't have as much, but they "scored." See the difference? I'm tired of chances. Chances are meaningless if they don't go in.

3. That being said, the one thing I preached week in and week out (SHOOT THE PUCK) was finally followed and it didn't work. Thank GOD I'm not a coach, I just pretend I am.

Even the CC commentators noticed that the Sioux forecheck doesn't work. They said something to the effect of "The Sioux cycle the puck well, but no one crashes the net." That is UND's biggest misfunction, IMO.

UND works the puck into the opponents' end. They push it around behind the net 2 or 3 times. A defenseman steals it, and the play goes back the other way. No shot for UND. No attempt to throw it to a crashing player in front.

Ineffective forecheck. Ineffective offense.

Go Sioux. Fix it!

Wow. This series was really familiar to the Wisco series. The Sioux outplay the #1 team in the nation this weekend, but just can't put the puck in the net. :sad:

I feel for the boys, sounded like they really took it to CC tonight.

I also feel for Lammy, the guy has been nothing but spectacular for the Sioux this year, but they just won't score for him. Again, much like the Wisco series.