SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. CC

Let'sGoHawks!

Absolutely not. He skated all the way down from near the blue line and cross checked a CC player up high well after the whistle. At the time I saw it, I thought, "How did he get away with that?"

Well, he didn't. It was a good call.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but it is a lot easier to question penalty calls when you are at the game in person. Sometimes the camera angles and replays don't show the play in question as well as you would see it in person. That is why it is tough for me to judge a lot of the penalties, since I only watched them on tv.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but it is a lot easier to question penalty calls when you are at the game in person.  Sometimes the camera angles and replays don't show the play in question as well as you would see it in person.  That is why it is tough for me to judge a lot of the penalties, since I only watched them on tv.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I''m not either. But I do know what I saw with my own eyes and what my reaction to it was at the time. Maybe the problem is that Anderson's eyes are as bad as mine, which would explain a lot. :angry:

I just got back from the game and all three goals were scored at my end of the rink.  I can tell you that the Sioux played well and that both CC goals were due to a lack of backchecking and yes it was number 9 again on the game winner. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe your right, its time for Quinn to take a seat but I am sure many don't want us to go there because he is a ND kid, we have a few ND kids out there not doing much but taking up space. The kid has done nothing this season.

I thought UND out played C.C. but lost on a bad break, untimely turn over or a defensive lasp. If C.C. is the best team in the nation UND is right behind them then.

I thought UND out played C.C. but lost on a bad break, untimely turn over or a defensive lasp. If C.C. is the best team in the nation UND is right behind them then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If there's a positive aspect to last night's game, that's it. The Sioux don't look out of place against CC, even on the big ice. UND did outplay CC for long stretches of the game. If the Sioux could score some 5-on-5 goals, cut down on undisciplined penalties and play a full 60 minutes, they'd beat CC and be a very good team.

REA, UND, Midcontinent Cable, and WDAZ have an agreement (contract) to produce the Fighting Sioux Sports Network.

The camera work last night was the CC crew. WDAZ/FSSN bought the feed from them. To call them "high schoolish" is to do a disservice to the capable high schoolers out there. I'd guess a kid from Red River would be able to follow play.

We don't know what CC's first goal looked like (see camera work above). I do know someone didn't cover up the back side on CC's second goal. Some are saying it was 9. My eyes said it was a defensemen who got beat to the post and didn't tie the man up. He got beat to the post by the goalscorer and he didn't tie him up.

What I do know is that Fylling created a good scoring chance short, late, picking a CC defenseman at their blueline. But, he was hooked as he took the puck away. Normally when a team is up 5x3 that'll be called against them but this time it wasn't, luckily for CC.

Seeing the "C" and the "A" in the box, down a goal, late, really irked me. If that's "leadership" ....

But my biggest gripe on the night: Why try to cycle/go into the corner on that glacier? Cycling on Olympic ice is pointless. When you're in the corner you are 50 feet from the net! I'm sure the CC defensemen appreciate that.

Quit going to the corner; take the puck to the net and ram it in.

If there's a positive aspect to last night's game, that's it. The Sioux don't look out of place against CC, even on the big ice. UND did outplay CC for long stretches of the game. If the Sioux could score some 5-on-5 goals, cut down on undisciplined penalties and play a full 60 minutes, they'd beat CC and be a very good team.

I can't disagree with that.

However, what scares me is this: If they don't start winning some games they'll miss out on getting into the NCAA field. They're hanging on the edge of the field in the PWR*. I don't like being "on the bubble".

* Remember, slots 16 and 15 go to the AHA and CHA champions normally. If an upset happens in another league tournament or two slots 14 and 13 go away also. I believe the only safe place to be is in the top 11 of PWR. That allows for five conference tournament upset winners.

However, what scares me is this: If they don't start winning some games they'll miss out on getting into the NCAA field. They're hanging on the edge of the field in the PWR*. I don't like being "on the bubble".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's why a win tonight is crucial.