SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. CC

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm lucky enough to say I have been able to watch the game while at work. But does anyone else have that feeling they're watching a HS hockey game ? I don't want to come off as complaining, but man, this is awful. I don't know if it's Sweeney, the lack of crowd audio, the guy running the camera who can't follow a puck, or what ? As much as I dislike the Gophers, I can't help but think how fun and exciting it is to watch them on TV. They have energetic announcers and the Gopher style of play is fun to watch too. I am grateful I'm able to watch Sioux hockey down here in Fargo, but I expect a little more quality from the people covering one of, if not the greatest, hockey programs in the nation. Go Sioux !!!

PS: Going to the Warroad / Moorhead game tomorrow. Lee and Oshie. Should be fun.

Well I'm lucky enough to say I have been able to watch the game while at work. But does anyone else have that feeling they're watching a HS hockey game ? I don't want to come off as complaining, but man, this is awful. I don't know if it's Sweeney, the lack of crowd audio, the guy running the camera who can't follow a puck, or what ? As much as I dislike the Gophers, I can't help but think how fun and exciting it is to watch them on TV. They have energetic announcers and the Gopher style of play is fun to watch too. I am grateful I'm able to watch Sioux hockey down here in Fargo, but I expect a little more quality from the people covering one of, if not the greatest, hockey programs in the nation. Go Sioux !!!

PS: Going to the Warroad / Moorhead game tomorrow. Lee and Oshie. Should be fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no room for fairweather fans in the Great Sioux Nation. We only "complain" to make the team better. That is one of the great things about cheering for the Sioux, the low budget small market team that is often better than "americas team" the Gophers, that everyone cheers for in the "state of hockey."

For one, I'm not fairweather. I am a newbie to the "Sioux nation" but I take my sports seriously and never go halfway when rooting for anybody. And I'm not sure how their considered small market either, have you seen the facility they're playing in ? And I thought I stated I wasn't complaining, and sorry if I came across like that, but I think more than a few people would agree with me, maybe. :angry:

For one, I'm not fairweather. I am a newbie to the "Sioux nation" but I take my sports seriously and never go halfway when rooting for anybody. And I'm not sure how their considered small market either, have you seen the facility they're playing in ? And I thought I stated I wasn't complaining, and sorry if I came across like that, but I think more than a few people would agree with me, maybe. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My friend, one must think long term. Many Sioux fans have been Sioux fans for a long time. Yes, the Gophers can be fun to watch on TV. They play great hockey against MANKATO, you wouldn't have said that last weekend when UM got swept at home by this team, CC. A few years ago and possibly a few years down the road that may not be the same depending on players, coaches. You should have already known that the Gophers are in a "major market" and have most of their games televised by "professionals." You think better people should cover the Sioux hockey games, call up your local KVLY or WDAY and tell them to start producing some games. They could possibly do better, and no one is stopping them. UND or WDAZ does not have a contract to broadcast the games.

And yes the Warroad/Moorehead game should be one of the greatest HS games in awhile.