SiouxSports.com Forum

MSUM vs. SIOUX

01grad

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad I wasn't at the game. I remember a few of these games and we would just go back home and not even want to go out and party. We'll be okay, but it would have been nice to get 4 points this weekend in case the worst happens the next.

Its hardly rock bottom.  We will make the NCAA's and then anything can happen.  Theres a lot of hockey left, and we're not in bad shape.  UMD...they're in bad shape.  Rebound next weekend at CC, at least take 2.  It's not the end of the world for all you Apocalyptic, worst case scenario people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can say after watching CC manhandle the Goofers today and hearing how UND cannot sweep Mankato, CC will be beat the S&*T out of the Sioux in Colorado next week. It could get ugly out there in CC for UND! :silly:

Sioux remain in good position for 5th in the WCHA, given the Dogs lost 1 point on the Sioux this weekend. UAA may be the next bottom 5 team with a chance to take home ice away when the Sioux travel there. The top 4 are nearly decided, unless MTU can come back and beat Denver again tonight.

I can say after watching CC manhandle the Goofers today and hearing how UND cannot sweep Mankato, CC will be beat the S&*T out of the Sioux in Colorado next week. It could get ugly out there in CC for UND! :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We've only lost bad ONE time this year. That was early this year when the reffing confused our big guys. Since then we've become more consistent.

We could very well lose both games next weekend. However, I HIGHLY doubt that we will get "the s#%$ knocked out of us". We'll be ready to play, even if we don't execute extremely well. I see us splitting, which is perfectly fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My $0.02 on this is that Phil has been the best goalie for the Sioux all season, why the Sioux consistanly do this one goalie one night the other the next is total bogus.

Stay with the one who is playing well, then when he cools drop in there the other.

Stick with one and quit the wishy washy crap!!!!! Phil is our man!

When asked about the two goalies Hak has always maintained that he will play both unless someone gives him reason not too. Tonight Parise made a mistake that cost the Sioux a chance to win and it is going to cost him some starts. I predict that the Lammy fans will get their wish next week. Recall that Brandt used to make similar mistakes under Blaiser and he used to sit a few rotations for doing so.

Parise is a pretty good goalie when he stays in the net.

But...he is a hack. He seems more worried about chopping the back of some guys legs than stopping the puck. The diving to try to get a call has to go. He should have been called for an unsportsmanlike diving penalty in the 2nd period tonite. :silly:

I am curious about what some of you think on the goaltending subject.  do you think the outcome would be the same if Phil would have played instead of Parise?  I think we ride Phil to the end.  Thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I take the past threads correctly, the general consensus is this:

Jordan sucks. Brandt's only played in 3 games or so, won one, tyed another, and completely sucked in the third (Gophers) but anyone is better than JPar.

Jordan is the main problem behind every time we've lost when he's been the starter.

Please, everyone, correct me if I'm remotely incorrect. I just removed the tact from everyone's posts and put the jist right there. :silly:

I like Jordan but I really don't think it's his fault.

What do I think is the fault? Offense and conditioning. Yes, conditioning. It seems as though we cannot put two games together. Especially against an opponent who is playing well. 1 goal leads in the 3rd are NEVER secure with this team because we seem to stall offensively once we get on top.

Gosh I'm glad I was busy sucking at bowling and laughing with my friends rather than listen to the rest of the game. It must have been excrutiating.

Regardless of the Goaltending situation some of the senior players just aren't delivering. It seems like several times this year I have heard about Massen burying the puck in practise but it just doesn't seem to be a game type player. Also what is up with Fylling, is he playing injured. How else can you explain a single goal in 24 games for a player like that. With the exception of Genoway and Fuhr the team is being carried offensively by the Sophmores and Freshmen which has got to change if this team is going to go anywhere.

This maybe isn't rock bottom, but I can't remember a more underachieving Sioux team in recent years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. There is a lot of talented players on this team (at least 8 potential NHLers) but they aren't playing up to their potential. Not even close.