SiouxSports.com Forum

We're WORLDWIDE, Baby!

dagies

I don't think my brother would mind me posting this excerpt from an email message he sent me. He works at a very large company in the state of New York. I'll leave the name of the company out of it for privacy sake:

PS - someone came into a meeting wearing a UND Fighting Sioux sweatshirt

the other day.  I wasn't able to get a clear explanation why he was

wearing it, as he came over here from Belarus, Russia (?), but I thought it was neat anyway.

The Gophs had the "M" flag represented in Iraq from the airwing...presented the flag they flew on flights to the U...odd how college sports ends up all over regargless of team affiliation...

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure that wasn't a Michigan flag? Or a Mizzou? ;)

Small world, isn't it. Saw the same thing here in St. Louis. Met a guy wearing a Sioux sweatshirt at one of by kids' hockey games. Talked to him for a bit, found out that his wife is an alumnus, and we grew up 20 miles apart.

Also, huge #'s of Sioux fans in Toronto. The International Hockey Hall of Fame has mention of the Sioux (and yes, Gophers), plus has a display that pays homage to the ND High School Tornment with a program from the late 70's.

While I'm normally loath to post log data because we don't want to "out" anyone, this aggregate data seems harmless enough; here are the domains that have visited SiouxSports.com this month, in descending order of number of visits. Down to about Mexico they're definitely real visits (>1Mb transferred), under that could be mistypes/flukes, though some of them are undoubtedly a single legitimate visit:

Network net
Commercial com
Unknown ip
USA Educational edu
United States us
USA Government gov
Canada ca
USA Military mil
Non-Profit Organizations org
Australia au
Old style Arpanet arpa
Netherlands nl
Tuvalu tv
United Kingdom uk
Norway no
Germany de
Finland fi
Brazil br
Sweden se
Austria at
Mexico mx
Switzerland ch
Romania ro
Japan jp
France fr
Israel il
Belgium be
Denmark dk
Russian Federation ru
Poland pl
Saint Helena sh
Iceland is
Slovak Republic sk
Guernsey gg
Ascension Island ac
Niue nu[/code]

I see someone out in UND-wear no less than once a month near my undisclosed home no fewer than 1327mi from Grand Forks.

That was truly an incredible game. Some of the names I recall were Lindgren, Vilandre and I think Mike Sullivan was the goalie for the Redskins. What a game!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The year: 1977. The GFC goalie was Neil Whalen, father of future Gopher BB star Lindsay Whalen. I'm a GFC grad myself. ;)

First, nationwide now world this is as Dickie V would say "AWESOME BABY." Well anyway I still have my Sioux Jersey from the year 2000 the last time they won the frozen four. Furthermore I still ware it every now & then. What really ticks off folks down here in my neck of the woods this being a football state is that they often if not don't have a clue about hockey in general. I know of people from UF (University of Florida) that brag alot but if you were to talk college hockey & UND to them can you say deer in the headlights. Oh well I though at I would share that with everybody on this board.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

P.S. I spending the holidays down in the Keys Fishing & enjoying life.

• 3 weeks later...