SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU visits REA - Jan 13/14

brianvf

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-hopeful-ethan-frisch-can-play-against-western-michigan?fbclid=IwAR0_lF1hx_N28tjEYaks8d8SoKE2_nYkEkSg2MS3uHyswhuFPuXn5PG0Uns

Great news if Frisch can suit up this weekend.

The defenseman from Moorhead suffered a lower-body injury that kept him from practice early this week, but Frisch re-joined late Wednesday morning and could be back in the lineup for this weekend's series against Western Michigan (7:07 p.m. Friday, 6:07 p.m. Saturday, Ralph Engelstad Arena).

"He's doing well," UND coach Brad Berry said. "He skated today on Wednesday here. He'll skate tomorrow. I'd say there's a good chance he'll be in the lineup on Friday."

Frisch skated on his own Tuesday and held a hybrid practice Wednesday, skating on his own for a while, then joining the team on the ice.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

He was helped off the ice last Saturday. It didn't look good at the time, so this is good news.

22 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

I agree with you completely. I understand why Berry may have lost confidence in DeRidder after Friday's game, but Hellsten wasn't any better on Saturday. If UND is going to make a run, it has to go back to DeRidder. I have no confidence with Hellsten in net against Western Michigan. DeRidder was a big reason why they got 5 of 6 points in Western. 

Sadly you are correct on this. 

On 1/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, brianvf said:

Thanks!  Definitely looking forward to seeing some games again. 
Feels weird...I pretty much went to every single home game for about 8 years of my life...and now none for so long.

I am genuinely sorry about your trip to grand forks this weekend. The games really spoiled something that could have been fun your you and your son so I hope you able to find ways to make the best of the weekend.    Between the reffing, the players blowing it defensively, and getting swept at home, I couldn’t help but thinking about how this was going for you even though you’re a complete stranger lol sorry again man. 

6 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

I am genuinely sorry about your trip to grand forks this weekend. The games really spoiled something that could have been fun your you and your son so I hope you able to find ways to make the best of the weekend.    Between the reffing, the players blowing it defensively, and getting swept at home, I couldn’t help but thinking about how this was going for you even though you’re a complete stranger lol sorry again man. 

Hey thanks, appreciate that.
It was still a fun time hanging out with him...Friday we were last row upper level (where I used to stand during my student days) and Saturday we were first row right on the glass...despite the crappy game results we're still making the most of the trip.  Getting some outdoor hockey in (haven't done that for decade+ either) and, naturally, visiting all the food hotspots that I miss from my 25 years in GF.  :) 

• Like 2