SiouxSports.com Forum

Lindenwood @ UND - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

15 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Props to Zombo, had his team ready to play. Just gotta stay out of the box and the goalie could have stolen it.

Did the EXACT same thing to DU. Took UND a bit longer to get back, but same thing wins out ... talent. 

Not a shot, whatsoever. Just where their program is at today.

Huge props to Lindenwood, though. Some big dudes on that team and a couple solid forwards. They could get real good, real quick.

On 12/10/2022 at 12:33 AM, MafiaMan said:

19:09 mark 1st period Friday Quinnipiac 

1:49 mark 1st period Saturday Quinnipiac 

18:37 mark 2nd period Friday Minnesota

18:36 mark 3rd period same same 

:48 mark 2nd period Saturday Minnesota

19:26 mark 2nd period same game 

:24 mark 3rd period Saturday Arizona State 

19:04 mark 2nd period Friday Omaha 

18:23 mark 2nd period Saturday Denver 

18:03 mark 3rd period same game 

18:15 mark 2nd period Friday Miami

1:39 mark 2nd period Friday St Cloud 

18:13 mark 2nd period same game 

18:12 mark 2nd period Saturday St Cloud 

:55 mark 3rd period same game 

19:59 mark 1st period tonight WMU 

That’s SIXTEEN goals against so far this season within the first 2:00 or last 2:00 of a period.  And I didn’t include the Saturday St Cloud tally at the 2:04 mark of the 2nd period of the Saturday game because it was 4 seconds outside of my mark, but it also came just 23 seconds after a North Dakota goal. 

Gee, you think coaches might talk to the kids about this happening a bit too frequently for their liking, but maybe that’s just me…

UPDATE:  17 goals allowed within the first two minutes or last two minutes of a period this season.  Wow.  

:50 mark 1st period Lindenwood 

3 needs to be a regular from here on out.

21 needs to center the 4th line with 20 and 18 from here on out. 18 got squeezed last night as 21 got more minutes but he needs to be in the lineup.

10 27 19 have to give you something offensively for minutes they play. 

22 has to shoot the puck.

9 understandably looked gassed in the 3rd. 

34 at some point has to seize the #1 spot if this team is truly gonna make a 2nd half run.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, brianvf said:

Tomorrow a big game of course, would be great to get back above .500 (and stay there?).
Lindenwood goalie made some fantastic saves to keep the score so close.  Got downright lucky on a couple of them.
Hopefully tomorrow he's less lucky.  ;) 

He looked like a fish out there on a couple of those saves...tonight Sioux get his number.

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

3 needs to be a regular from here on out.

21 needs to center the 4th line with 20 and 18 from here on out. 18 got squeezed last night as 21 got more minutes but he needs to be in the lineup.

10 27 19 have to give you something offensively for minutes they play. 

22 has to shoot the puck.

9 understandably looked gassed in the 3rd. 

34 at some point has to seize the #1 spot if this team is truly gonna make a 2nd half run.

All the young guys need to play, even if at the expense of some of the vets (see Caulfield, Ness, Senden, Hain etc.)  We wasted too many opportunities during the first half of the season to see what Strinden, James, Johnson, Constentini, etc can do and to coach them up to the college game.  Doesn't seem to be anything to do about the goaltender situation at this point, unless Johnson is a realistic option.  With the way DU took us apart in our own barn, I don't think there is a realistic chance of doing anything in the tournament and its a real long shot to even make the tournament.  Time to start rebuilding.  

Perhaps sitting Senden and Hain would put the magic in the mustard?   not a suggestion, just wondering.  Other than Montgomery I don't see who to sit, must plays is a short list also. Lots of quality players that bring great play, guessing which will bring what takes on a given night is not an easy task. 

Last night was some of the "same old", some of the "new".   That start was indeed atrocious.  Just embarrassing.  I'm struggling to understand how DeRidder can be so wildly hot and cold repeatedly, after being so solid in past years.

However, they shut things down pretty well after that.  Played the vast majority of the game in the offensive zone.  70 plus shot attempts.  I think UND's offense is going to start producing more as the season goes forward.  

Need to play with more physicality & clean up all the unforced errors.  Also need to learn that holding the blue line is not worth giving up breakaways.  But, I still think this team is capable of making a big run, if they can just put the pieces together.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Perhaps sitting Senden and Hain would put the magic in the mustard?   not a suggestion, just wondering.  Other than Montgomery I don't see who to sit, must plays is a short list also. Lots of quality players that bring great play, guessing which will bring what takes on a given night is not an easy task. 

I would be pretty surprised to see those two sit. In fact, shocked. Almost certainly won't happen, nor should it. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Moderators are quiet when things don’t go their way. I’m calling out Sicatoka for censorship. Embarrassing.

I was watching the game last night without an internet device. 

You were warned then moderated for profanity, not opinion, last time you were here. You broke the house rules, twice. That is all.

General reminder to all of “The Rules of Jim Dahl’s House”, aka the forum guidelines, that everyone who has a username agreed to is linked below. (I’m just one of Jim’s unpaid helpers that tries to keep people following them.) And in this private house, it’s @jimdahl rules and he can allow or not allow, yes, censor, whatever he chooses … including me if I don’t meet his expectations.  

https://forum.siouxsports.com/guidelines/ 

• Upvote 1