SiouxSports.com Forum

Congratulations to the Football team

siouxjoy

Congratulations to the Sioux team on yet another amazing season.

Northwest Region champs

Hosting (and beating) Grand Valley State in the Alerus

Seniors becoming the winningest class in school history

Proving that a team with no big name players can be extremely tough to beat

Reminding me how much I love Sioux Football

I am going to Denver on Thursday for a long weekend and Broncos game and was worried I would have to figure out a way to get to Florence and back to Denver in time for the game! :D

Thank you to Dale Lennon and his entire staff and the entire team for another great season. It was an awesome run and you had us sitting on the edge of our seats for the last few weeks. 1st there was a chance we wouldn't be in the playoffs and you blew out So Dak. Then that long st. cloud run could've ended the season and you forced a fumble, Grand valley almost stunned you at home and then there was the comeback. At Pitt State you battled tuff and if a few calls would of went your way you would be off to Bama. Thanks for the great memories and a special thank you to the seniors for writing your own chapter in the history books.

THNK YOU

A few calls wouldn't have a made a difference. The better team won today, period!

GO GORILLAS!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the calls had little to do with the outcome.

The fumble and missing wide open recievers was the main difference in the game IMO. Belmore looks great sometimes but needs to develop some consistancy. If that happened today, UND defense isn't on the field nearly as long and they could be going to alabama. Pitt is a very good team, but I didn't think they were nearly as good as advertised.

Great season for UND, lets hope the Sioux get another crack at Pitt next year.

I think the calls had little to do with the outcome.

The fumble and missing wide open recievers was the main difference in the game IMO.  Belmore looks great sometimes but needs to develop some consistancy.  If that happened today, UND defense isn't on the field nearly as long and they could be going to alabama.  Pitt is a very good team, but I didn't think they were nearly as good as advertised.

Great season for UND, lets hope the Sioux get another crack at Pitt next year.

Yeah, I think the "a few calls makes it go the other way" statement was not meant to be a complaint about the reffing, rather a happy observation that the Sioux team was playing at about the same level as PSU, so that fewer miscues or capitalizing on a few more missed opportunities could have made it go the other way.

I agree with the principle of the ungracious boast that the better team won, in that after watching the game I would expect PSU to win that matchup >6 of 10 times. However, we're congratulating the UND team because no one really expected them to be playing this deep into the playoffs and certainly no one thought they would be as competitive as they were with PSU. Congrats to the Sioux on a great season!

Congrats also to the senior class. They brought us the first ever Sioux championship, and went on to be a runner up and a semifinalist in subsequent years. It's great to see UND football at this level and to have games to watch in December! Thanks!

I agree that the better team won, but any talk of this Pitt St. team being one of the all-time best in dII should be put to rest, IMO. Let's not forget that this UND offense was statistically one of the least effective in many, many years, and UND still racked up very nearly as many yards as Pitt St. did yesterday. In order to be the greatest of all-time, I think you need to be exceptional on both sides of the ball, and I'd have a hard time calling Pitt St.'s defense or special teams exceptional.

UND did about as well as possible this year considering the lack of offensive output throughout most of the season and the playoffs. Making it all the way to the semi-finals in a season in which we didn't win the NCC is a nice accomplishment. It's the odd-numbered years that UND typically does its best, so this season was kind of a nice bonus.

Where were all of these posts before the game. We put up over 400 yards of total offense and over 300 yards of rushing on what I will agree is the best defense in the country. I was at the game and we in the stands couldn't get over the size and speed of your defense, so instead of selling your own team short and bagging on them, maybe you should realize and admit PSU is that good and just did to your team what no one else has done.

Making our posts congratulating the Sioux on a great season and for hanging in with PSU would have been kind of silly before the game was played.

No one in this thread except you is bagging on the Sioux, quite the opposite, we're congratulating them for doing so much better than most expected. Given the offensive struggles all season and coming in as a 5 seed (who wouldn't have even made the playoffs last season), they won 3 games to make it to the semifinals (including the program's first 2 road playoff wins ever), and in their loss matched the offense of an undefeated PSU, which some had hyped as the greatest in football history; it's another season for the Sioux to be very proud of.

You're not going to change our pride in the Sioux team's accomplishments this season and over the last 4 years. You've already made your ungracious boast about how your team is better this year; just go enjoy PSU's success and well-earned trip to Florence and let us celebrate the Sioux's accomplishments.

Making our posts congratulating the Sioux on a great season and for hanging in with PSU would have been kind of silly before the game was played.

No one in this thread except you is bagging on the Sioux, quite the opposite, we're congratulating them for doing so much better than most expected. Given the offensive struggles all season and coming in as a 5 seed (who wouldn't have even made the playoffs last season), they won 3 games to make it to the semifinals (including the program's first 2 road playoff wins ever), and in their loss matched the offense of an undefeated PSU, which some had hyped as the greatest in football history; it's another season for the Sioux to be very proud of.

You're not going to change our pride in the Sioux team's accomplishments this season and over the last 4 years. You've already made your ungracious boast about how your team is better this year; just go enjoy PSU's success and well-earned trip to Florence and let us celebrate the Sioux's accomplishments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

amen

Jim is just plain too nice.

What we're saying here is: Congrats Sioux for a great season.

If you want kudos and a few other forms of "Yeah we rock so much better than everyone else" type of praise, find Pitt State's message board.

PSU was good, but I'd rather talk about the SIOUX on the SIOUX board than talk about Pitt State. They won. Good for them. They were really good on offense. There. Now back to the topic of the thread:

The Sioux, for as much as I harped on them, did WAY WAY better than expected. As others pointed out, we won a lot of great games. The fact that we made the semifinals, runner up, and championship just shows what quality we had in all of the positions. Good work seniors. You'll be missed. Underclassmen, let's keep up the tradition, invite PSU to our backyard and show them the same courtesy they showed us next year! Only this time, let's have Lennon on the post game interview explaining our victory!

Jim is just plain too nice.

What we're saying here is:  Congrats Sioux for a great season.

If you want kudos and a few other forms of "Yeah we rock so much better than everyone else" type of praise, find Pitt State's message board.

PSU was good, but I'd rather talk about the SIOUX on the SIOUX board than talk about Pitt State.  They won.  Good for them.  They were really good on offense.  There.  Now back to the topic of the thread:

The Sioux, for as much as I harped on them, did WAY WAY better than expected.  As others pointed out, we won a lot of great games.  The fact that we made the semifinals, runner up, and championship just shows what quality we had in all of the positions.  Good work seniors.  You'll be missed.  Underclassmen, let's keep up the tradition, invite PSU to our backyard and show them the same courtesy they showed us next year!  Only this time, let's have Lennon on the post game interview explaining our victory!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to reiterate a comment posted earlier...

"If you want kudos and a few other forms of 'Yeah we rock so much better than everyone else' type of praise, find Pitt State's message board."

:silly:

Great year SIOUX!

Where were all of these posts before the game. We put up over 400 yards of total offense and over 300 yards of rushing on what I will agree is the best defense in the country. I was at the game and we in the stands couldn't get over the size and speed of your defense, so instead of selling your own team short and bagging on them, maybe you should realize and admit PSU is that good and just did to your team what no one else has done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, told you one of the Gorilla Trolls would make it here sooner or later. :silly:

Congratuations Sioux, way to go out there and represent for the Northwest. You made Pitt St. earn their spot in the NC game.

This season, like the previous three, shows the character and quality of student-athletes a person like Coach Lennon and school like UND attract. The senior class is a great example of team effort and players that give everything. In the passing contact I have had with many of the players I have never seen an "attitude" that can come with winning.