SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-GVSU III! Spread the word NOW!

SiouxMeNow

it's not "official" as of right now - at least as far as the NCAA is concerned - but if it should happen....UND will host GVSU next weekend (a holiday weekend) and we need to start spreading the word NOW WE NEED BUTTS IN THE SEATS!!! We need to start the movement early to make sure as many students, alums, breathing humans in general need to BE AT THIS GAME!!! (I want UC-Davis 2001-levels baby!!) Here's a couple ways we can make this happen....

-- Email UND Athletics and tell them you DON'T want this game on TV!! (sorry out of towners! - you'll still be able access the webcast) TV Coverage will seriously hurt actual attendance!!

-- Get a hold of every Sioux Fan you know and get their butts out to this game. It will take a real grassroots effort but this could be the BEST playoff game we've hosted EVER in the AL - and that's saying a lot since there have been some doozies in the last few years! Thanksgiving will be OVER and there's no reason to hang around home when a team with REAL CLASS and proud to be DII like Grand Valley is coming to town!! (Yeah, that's a poke at NDSU!! SO WHAT! They're at home playing with themselves right now!!!)...sorry- just had to get that in :D:):angry: )

-- This is a great opportunity to get revenge for last years NC game and UNSEAT the defending (two time) National Champions!!

I'll gladly entertain other reasons why we should pack the Al this weekend....NO WHINERS ALLOWED!!! C'mon guys...this is a great opportunity!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Email UND Athletics and tell them you DON'T want this game on TV!! (sorry out of towners! - you'll still be able access the webcast)  TV Coverage will seriously hurt actual attendance!! 

Screw you out of towners!!!! :D

If you were at the pitt st game in 2001 (over thanksgiving weekend), you will realize that this game will draw a modest attendance of probably about 10-11,000.

Not too bad for D2 standards.

no offense meant...I know you guys like to keep up with the Sioux but we've got our own behinds to be worrieds about for this game...wouldn't you say "hey, I'll give up the chance to watch the game from a remote location on TV if it means 10 more butts in the seats (per person saying that) at the ACTUAL game?? If only 500 of you remote fans would say that...we'd get 5000 MORE in the seats!!!!!

PS - I was at the UC-Davis game in 2001...and the UNA game in 2003....UC DAVIS was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! UNA was above average but not SUPER LOUD. THIS IS GVSU!!!! The REIGNING KING of DII coming to OUR HOUSE!! Let's give them a taste of ND hospitality!!! :D

I know it is Diggler, those Monkey's seem to think the world revolves them sometimes. :) GVSU got seeded sixth and is on the road. Right now we're just happy to still be alive in the playoffs. The most wonderful fact is though, dispite whoever wins GVSU-UND and Pitt-NWMSU, the Northwest winner will have to travel to the Southwest winner. Would be even better if one of us was to go into the Jungle there, and beat them there, just to shut their Banana holes. :angry:

*Puns fully intended. :D

NOT GOOD ENOUGH for this game...sorry...maybe you should make some travel plans of your own :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some things are more important in this world than sports. Thanksgiving just happens to be one of those holidays where most families get to spend some time with each other.

Considering I live 1400 miles away from Grand Forks i don't think i will be making any travel plans for this next game.

The D2Football board is kinda funny.  UND is getting a home game and people are already whining about it and how UND doesn't follow the rules.  It's not GVSU fans complaining though, it's Pitt State fans.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pitt state fans are just bitter. If UND wins against GVSU the biggest battle will be against either Pitt St or nW missouri state, most likely on the road.

Some things are more important in this world than sports. Thanksgiving just happens to be one of those holidays where most families get to spend some time with each other.

Considering I live 1400 miles away from Grand Forks i don't think i will be making any travel plans for this next game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

U2Bad1,

I don't think anyone is suggesting that people that live as far away from Grand Forks as you come back; I think the message is for people that live relatively close to campus and are very capable of driving back for the game. This is one of the biggest home games we've ever had, at least the biggest since the UC-Davis semifinal game in 2001. We need a lot of people and a lot of noise.

I think this game will be like a heavyweight boxing match, two fighters slugging it out until one of them can't continue. With both teams thriving on defense and being somewhat inconsistent on offense, I think special teams might decide it. If that is the case, I would have to say......UND 17, GVSU 10

Then you end up punishing the rest of those who can't make it to the game. That's a good way to keep alum and non-alum interested in Fighting sioux sports. The people that can make it to the game will be at the game. Like I said before, it is a weekend that for a lot of us involve things that are more important than sports.

I hate to interject with logic, but how about this? Don't televise locally until the game is sold out. If and when it sells out, televise in GF (& Fargo?). If I lived in GF or Fargo, I'd definitely be there, but since I don't, I'd really like to be able to see this game on TV (FSSN).

Overall it doesn't matter if it is on TV or not, if you live within 250 miles of GF and won't go to see this game live, you must not be much of a football fan let alone a Sioux fan. This is as close to Sioux-Bison as we are going to see for a while. If you would rather sit at home and watch on TV, when you could be there, you wouldn't add any spirit to the cause anyway. I feel sorry for those that live too far away to really enjoy it all.

I'm making a 400 mile trip to go to the game. We need to "get butts in the seats", I agree. This game is against Grand Valley State, the two time defending national champs! We get them in our house and need to show them what North Dakota and SIOUX football are all about. They will bring plenty of their fans too, they are notorious for bringing many fans on the road just like the Sioux are. I beg everyone who is able to go to the game to GO! Bring a friend or two, spread the word. This is a "bonus opportunity" to see the Sioux one last time at home this season.

GO TO THE GAME AND BRING THE NOISE!!!!

I'm making a 400 mile trip to go to the game.  We need to "get butts in the seats", I agree.  This game is against Grand Valley State, the two time defending national champs!  We get them in our house and need to show them what North Dakota and SIOUX football are all about.  They will bring plenty of their fans too, they are notorious for bringing many fans on the road just like the Sioux are.  I beg everyone who is able to go to the game to GO!  Bring a friend or two, spread the word.  This is a "bonus opportunity" to see the Sioux one last time at home this season.

GO TO THE GAME AND BRING THE NOISE!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it for sure that the game is in Grand Forks this weekend? I am hoping it is.

I hope the Al is rocking this weekend. I hope there will be a lot of people if true even though it is a holiday weekend.

Talked my in-laws who are big Sioux fans but live in Fargo and usually watch it on TV to come up next weekend so that's 2 more. Lets keep the ball rolling to get butts in the seats! Talked to some guys on the GV board and they're gonna have a good delegation here considering its a 14 hour drive and apparently they're not big on fan buses. They're making their own arrangements to pile into vehicles and make the llloonnngg roadtrip.