SiouxSports.com Forum

Lakers-Sioux III

bigmrg74

Well, the showdown we have all been expecting and hopeing for all year, although I'm sure you'll agree that we've both had to jump thru a few more hoops to make it all happen. Who would have thought a Fifth seed would ever meet at sixth seed? Anyways, here's to an epic game to be played. The Monster will be seeing you guys soon, as soon as I figure out how to get my butt up there to GF.

Also, as a side note to any GVSU fans, or anybody Posing as a GVSU fan: Please, don't be a Dumbass here. :D

It's going to be an awesome game.  It's just too bad the NCAA had to change the regions so Sioux/Lakers III couldn't be in Florence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad they changed the regions this year because it means that UND won't have to go into The Jungle. With the whoopings Pitt State has laid down this year, I wouldn't want to go down there and play. :D

How does it work for the semi-finals?  I'm guessing it a certain region vs. the other.  How do they pick the home team?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the northwest against the southwest in the semi's, and since in the southwest it's the 1 vs. 2 seeds (Pitt St. hosting NW Mo. St.), it's a guarantee that whomever wins between Pitt St. and NW Mo. St. will host the semi's since they will be seeded higher than either UND or Grand Valley St.

It's the northwest against the southwest in the semi's, and since in the southwest it's the 1 vs. 2 seeds (Pitt St. hosting NW Mo. St.), it's a guarantee that whomever wins between Pitt St. and NW Mo. St. will host the semi's since they will be seeded higher than either UND or Grand Valley St.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What if both regions sent the same sead? Is it always NW vs. SW?

On your next trip to G.F., please stay away from The Red Pepper.  That's off limits to your "type".  As a UND alumnus I have the right to envoke such laws. :ohmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a Grand Forks resident, I forbid bigmrg74 from enjoying any scrumptious Dippin' Dots while he's in the Alerus Center! They are not for his kind. And no Bavarian Almonds, either! :lol:

:0

Proper consumption at the Alerus...from a visitors point of view, and in this order.

Down an order or 2 of the cheese curds.

Throw in $5-20 worth of beer.

Couple sacks full of the bavarian almonds.

Hit Peppers on the way out of town, and see if you can make it to Fargo without stopping :ohmy:

Have a safe weekend.

If I'm not mistaken this is a NCAA playoff game.... I don't beleive they will have beer (even in designated areas). NCAA also trys to take "home field advantage" out of the picture as much as possible. No crazy graphics on the big screen, no blaring music over the loud speaker, even the announcer has to hold back on saying, "Tackled by the ENTIRE SIOUX DEFENSE!!" Right?